Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hi did anyone get told to come off the pill for op

+4
rlmiller8267
Clara
Jojo6
g_unit86
8 posters

Go down

hi did anyone get told to come off the pill for op Empty hi did anyone get told to come off the pill for op

Post by g_unit86 14th October 2011, 3:22 pm

girls had anyone been rold to come off the pill beofre the op. my surgeon never said but a few people have wrote that they have? xx
g_unit86
g_unit86
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 63

Back to top Go down

hi did anyone get told to come off the pill for op Empty Re: hi did anyone get told to come off the pill for op

Post by Jojo6 14th October 2011, 3:28 pm

HI there! I was told it was fine to continue taking the pill for a straightforward breast enlargement. If I was having an uplift too, then they told me I'd have had to have stopped taking it. xxx
Jojo6
Jojo6
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1214

Back to top Go down

hi did anyone get told to come off the pill for op Empty Re: hi did anyone get told to come off the pill for op

Post by g_unit86 14th October 2011, 3:30 pm

okay kool cause the secretary asked if i was taking any meds and when i said the pill she never mentioned it. x
g_unit86
g_unit86
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by Clara 14th October 2011, 3:57 pm

I was advised to stop talking the pill ( i don't anyway) 2 wks before my op

x x
Clara
Clara
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by rlmiller8267 14th October 2011, 4:14 pm

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the antibiotics making the pill less effective for several weeks after. I was told to use another form of birth control for a month afterwards.
rlmiller8267
rlmiller8267
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 90

Back to top Go down

Post by Pussycat 14th October 2011, 5:21 pm

Hi all!
I specifically asked my ps this as I heard this too, but he said to just keep taking it as it wasn't a problem.
Rlmiller yourself seriously right about extra precautions afterwards as antibiotics play havoc with the pill!
Pussycat
Pussycat
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 445

Back to top Go down

Post by welshvicci123 14th October 2011, 6:01 pm

I thought u only had to come off if having, lipo in more than 3 areas, an uplift or breast reduction. I maybe wrong, but have a word with your ps.
welshvicci123
welshvicci123
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2289

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwigirl 14th October 2011, 10:38 pm

I asked my PS about it and he said ideally yes, but not if I thought I would end ip pregnant ad a result! It's actually to do with increasing the risk of deep vein thrombosis. Same as the surgery stockings they make us wear. Not sure why exactly you wouldn't need to for a BA but would for an uplift... Other than an uplift being a longer op and longer recovery... But yeah, my PS said the pill thing was to do with DVT, anyway...
kiwigirl
kiwigirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 899

Back to top Go down

Post by Natty29 15th October 2011, 1:53 pm

Yeah I was told 2weeks before to come off my pill.sumthing to do with DVT I think,correct me if I'm wrong ;) or ring ur surgeon to be on the safe side xx
Natty29
Natty29
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1301

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down