Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scar issues an stri strip addiction!

+6
nikitaw86
needboobs
starsfade
misf1
alfie
tinkabell23
10 posters

Go down

scar issues an stri strip addiction! Empty scar issues an stri strip addiction!

Post by tinkabell23 31st August 2011, 9:35 pm

I feel really daft for writing this but I'm scared of my scars, I was told to take my stri strips off on sat, but I left it coz I scared, my bf has kept saying they will heal better without themm on so I've just braved it an removed them. :( Is it normal to be scared of scars breaking etc I know my sensiable head says they won't, but I've just cried for stri strips lol, I obviously am going mad! My boobs are great soooo lucky an happy but my scars do scar me anyone else had this or have any advice? Xx
tinkabell23
tinkabell23
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 116

Back to top Go down

scar issues an stri strip addiction! Empty Re: scar issues an stri strip addiction!

Post by alfie 31st August 2011, 9:50 pm

I was afraid my scars would open up after my dressings were removed, but they were fine hunni, I even put some tissue between my scars and my bra because I thought the bra would rub. Don't worry hun just enjoy your new boobies. xx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down

scar issues an stri strip addiction! Empty Re: scar issues an stri strip addiction!

Post by misf1 1st September 2011, 7:46 am

Lol they will be fine hun. I had nothing on my scars from 14 days post op and I couldn't look at them. I just kept them clean and dry and let nature take its course. Skin heals extremely well, so I'm sure your scars are sealed now they just need to heal up and look better.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkabell23 1st September 2011, 7:55 am

Thanks Girls, its good to know Im not on my own, I guess in a few more weeks I probably wont be so worried once they've healed more xx
tinkabell23
tinkabell23
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 116

Back to top Go down

Post by starsfade 1st September 2011, 9:57 am

Just a quick question re keeping the scars clean. How do you do it if you cant get them wet? x
starsfade
starsfade
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 191

Back to top Go down

Post by needboobs 1st September 2011, 10:02 am

My dressings came off at 7 days and I was told I could bath or shower as normal.

My scars have healed well with no problems.
needboobs
needboobs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 216

Back to top Go down

Post by starsfade 1st September 2011, 10:19 am

Its so weird how some girls are told absolutely no water on them for 6 weeks and others can go swimming after a couple of weeks. I was told my scars were healing great but still everyone at transform told told water or anything on them for 6 weeks.....
starsfade
starsfade
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 1st September 2011, 10:48 am

You can't have a shower for 6 weeks! I wasn't allowed a bath or to swim, but I was allowed to shower but just let water and soap run over them. I then patted them dry with a towel although some people use a hair dryer to dry them.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nikitaw86 1st September 2011, 11:18 am

does it make any difference if u towel dry or hairdry? i woulda towel dryed didn't even think about haair drying how come people do this? x
nikitaw86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1685

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 1st September 2011, 11:38 am

I think they do it so they don't have to touch the scars
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rachemsi 1st September 2011, 12:46 pm

When i had my steri-strip removed i held my boobs when i stood up as i thought they would fall out of the scar lol It def goes hun and you get used to it x
rachemsi
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 1st September 2011, 1:12 pm

I was actually told to shower the next day - and did (carefully), but my PS said to blow dry the steri-strips - this was so they didn't stay wet when the bra was put back on and rub the sutures.

But no soaking/swimming for me for 3 weeks.

Wow, I'm scared to have mine removed too, they're doing it next tuesday - but they still look crusty with a bit of blood underneath - I don't want to see it!!! scar issues an stri strip addiction! 43877

ali
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1588

Back to top Go down

Post by needboobs 1st September 2011, 1:15 pm

I am in the medical proffession and we strongly advise against using a hairdryer to dry any wound or stitches as increases the risk of infection.
needboobs
needboobs
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 1st September 2011, 2:25 pm

needboobs - really?? Wow I had no idea of this! scar issues an stri strip addiction! 267328

Glad I will be getting mine off soon!!!
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1588

Back to top Go down

Post by starsfade 1st September 2011, 2:33 pm

No water or anything near the incision sites for 6 weeks. thats what incompetent transform told me. I let water run over and patted dry and used tissue to absorb any moisture. I dont even think the temp nurse i saw at post op had a clue what a BA was....Gr
starsfade
starsfade
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by needboobs 1st September 2011, 5:21 pm

We take wound dressings off after day 5/6 and advise ok to shower or bath but not to soak too long. Dry out as well as possible after, patting dry with a towel and letting air circulate around scar for 5-10 mins.

Dont see too many problems with scars.......although they are not on boobs!
needboobs
needboobs
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Natty29 1st September 2011, 5:32 pm

rachemsi wrote:When i had my steri-strip removed i held my boobs when i stood up as i thought they would fall out of the scar lol It def goes hun and you get used to it x

i was exactly the same hunni lol
Natty29
Natty29
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1301

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonna 1st September 2011, 5:38 pm

Tramsform told me that once I had my dressings off which was about day 8 I could bath and shower as normal and pat dry. They nurse gave me a pack of steri strips so I could replace them for the 1st couple of times.
Nonna
Nonna
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down