Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Major seroma issues

+4
bella79
janeella
COOKIE
Clawpaw
8 posters

Go down

Major seroma issues Empty Major seroma issues

Post by Clawpaw 13th August 2011, 10:12 pm

Ok so about 6 weeks ago I had a ba and had 320 cc silicone implants but in to take me from AA to a full c. Things were going well when I noticed a protruding lump from the right sticking out in the centre of them and when I removed my steri strips loads of yellowy liquid started oozoing out and wouldn't stop for about 5 mins. Went and got told it was a seroma and had it sucked out via a needle and he pulled out about 200cc of seroma. Over the next few weeks it kept coming back and soon the same thing was happening in the left... Bad times especially coz it was getting more painful to have the seroma drawn out and it didn't seem to be getting better. So my ps suggested replacing the implants and giving a wash out of the pockets. This was done yesturday and now I am beginning the recovery period all over again. I just wondered if anyone else has been in a similar situation and whether a replacement resolved it? Throughout I've had no infection of pain just hassle really...
Clawpaw
Clawpaw
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Major seroma issues Empty Re: Major seroma issues

Post by Clawpaw 13th August 2011, 10:14 pm

Oh yeh and second time round I increased my implants to 360cc coz I was happier with the size when a it of seroma was in there haha
Clawpaw
Clawpaw
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 13th August 2011, 10:24 pm

Hi clawpaw welcome to BJSF Major seroma issues 399357

We have had a few ladies who have been here and had seromas, I think one had an implant change and all was well sweetie. Good to hear your surgeon has been o good to you hunni and I hope this time around all will be good, we'll be here any time you need us lovely.

Sending a big hug 'cos I feel like you need one right now Major seroma issues 571992xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Clawpaw 13th August 2011, 10:28 pm

Agh cheers that does make me feel slightly better :) been trying to look everywhere for any info or people in similar situations and no such luck till now! Just trying to do a big pill of sod all in all attempts to prevent it again! X
Clawpaw
Clawpaw
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th August 2011, 7:25 pm

You might find this thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] comforting Clawpaw, it's been answered by James McDiarmid, our BAAPs registered surgeon who helps with questions here lovely. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by janeella 14th August 2011, 8:51 pm

ive not been through this but big hugs xxxx
janeella
janeella
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by Clawpaw 18th August 2011, 9:06 am

Cheers for the link is slightly more reassuring! Gunna get the bandages off tomorrow so I guess I'll find out what's happening
Then.. So far I think things are going ok but getting sharp pains in my left like someone's prodding a bruise really hard for a few seconds if I sit up or move in a certain way. Not too worried about this tho as seems kinda normal reading up on other posts on the net. Will keep an update on how things go incase neone else finds themselves in a similar position! X
Clawpaw
Clawpaw
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bella79 21st September 2011, 8:10 pm

Hi Clawpaw

Just been reading your story. i had a seroma removed on sat if you want to read the full story its on the most recent thread as a girl Lauren is going through this as well.

Basically, a blister appeared on my right scar 5 weeks after my ba. I called Transform and seen a nurse and surgeon (not my ps) who didnt think it was anything to worry about and sent me away with steri-strips on. I seen another nurse on sat later who thought it was a bit of fatty tissue and tried to remove it.

I could see she was concerned and luckily my ps was in the building so she went and got him. He immediatley said seroma and massaged my breast till all the fluid was out. Unfortunatley i had been cut opened and have had stitches 3 stitches!!

I had to go back yesterday and have a check up which was fine. However I've noticed that the scar on the other breast is now getting a wee bit red!!

Im on antibiotics and there's no pain i feel totally fine. Im waiting on the results of a swab to see if theres an infection. Im in a bit of a state about this as Im going on holiday next saturday with my fiancee and members of both our families!!!!!!!

Im really scared this gets worse and I wont be able to go. I'm just a bit annoyed as I repeatedly asked if having my op 9 weeks before travelling was too close and was told no.

The breast that was drained looks OK and i dont think anymore fluid has built up and the other breast looks about the same sixe however that was always a touch bigger.

Im just wondering how you have gotten on. Did you have to have them drained a lot??

Hope you can help and give me a bit of info as im totally stressed out now when I should be looking forward to america.

Let me know how you are doing

Bella x x
bella79
bella79
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Clawpaw 30th September 2011, 7:57 pm

Heya, cheers for replying! It's hard to find many story's of people going through seromas as I guess it's not all that common! I was all set to go traveling round Europe with a mate beginning of September but all that's had to be put on hold till January time now, had to get tickets refunded and everything! Tis such a pain!
Your story sounds just as annoying! How are you getting on ATM? One of my breasts was really hard to tell it had seroma in coz it was more hard where as the other had a weird bit sticking out in the centre so I knew it was there. After I had my bandages off second time there was no leeking but coz of the centre I could tell it was back and had loads drained off.
Here I am now weeks along and on my way back from another drainage session... Lol but the good news on my part is I think I'm nearly through it!! I've just had I think 20cc drained which is a massive difference to the 3 tubefulls it was. All I can say that has eventully helped me solve it is by wearing a tight bandage for compression literally 24/7 then having it drained every 4 -7 days. Think it's been 2 months now since my second op?
But I haven't minded the time as long as I can keep them in lol. I'd dread to. Think if I'd have had to have them removed.

Newways how are you getting on? Is there hope for your holiday?
X
Clawpaw
Clawpaw
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Clawpaw 5th October 2011, 1:46 pm

Finally since my first post I think I'm rid of my seroma, so for all those that may come across this there is hope! I'll still check back in a week or two though x
Clawpaw
Clawpaw
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 5th October 2011, 2:44 pm

Great to hear hun!!! Now you can finally enjoy your Major seroma issues 156694

xxx

ali
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1588

Back to top Go down

Post by kristenb89 5th October 2011, 5:43 pm

congratulations!!! Major seroma issues 154564 so glad to hear that! and thanks for sharing your story with us, i'd never even heard of this before x
kristenb89
kristenb89
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 190

Back to top Go down

Post by loopylou 5th October 2011, 5:59 pm

Congrats hon, I do hope its all better now
loopylou
loopylou
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 384

Back to top Go down

Post by alymomma 5th October 2011, 6:28 pm

Yes, thank you for sharing this. I'm 3 weeks PO, and still have my steri-strips on although I have my third checkup with my PS tonight. I'm hoping he can lift them up a bit and take a look. Right in the middle of my incisions (in crease of breasts), it feels a little bumpy. Not sure if this is normal, but now I'm a little nervous because you said the seroma was like a little ball...I'm hoping if he takes them off or at least lifts them up to see how the incisions are healing it is nothing to worry about. I too have never heard of this before. Thank you for sharing. :) Hugs to you and your recovery process x's 2 :)
alymomma
alymomma
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

Post by Clawpaw 8th October 2011, 1:21 pm

Cheers guys :) x
Clawpaw
Clawpaw
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bella79 17th October 2011, 11:44 pm

Hi Clawpaw!

I havent been ignoring you I was on holiday for over 2 weeks.

Things seemed OK till the 2nd week and they both started leaking I was terrified - a small hole appeared in both scars. Luckily I had taken the cleaning fluid and steri-strips with me. So all I could do wait till I came home. I was on a cruise and scared that if I seen the doctor he would put me off the ship.

I came back last nite and went to the clinic this morning (then had to go to work!!). It was cleaned and I'm seeing a surgeon tomorrow. Im petrified and convinced that they will need to come out. Im so sad.

When did they recommend you have the 2nd op?? Did they offer you a drain on yours?? Have you needed them drained again.

This is a total nightmare, I really dont want them out but I need things fixed I cant cope anymore with this stress. This is the biggest mistake I've made.

Im going to call a private hospital in the morning and pay to see another p.s for some independent advice - I just dont knoe what else to do.

Glad you seem to be healing x
bella79
bella79
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Clawpaw 26th November 2011, 11:03 pm

Bit of time since I've been on here sorry! It was a month after when my p.s said about a re-op, which prolly wouldn't have been necessary if I'd kept them compressed first time round, but kinda glad I did coz it ment I got a bigger size. My p.s did mention at my last check up that they could have removed them and left it 3 months b4 trying again but that would have prolly added more trauma as the pockets first time round would have started to heal so recovery would have been pretty painful again. Still going good now tho, even tho it was a **naughty word** time I wouldn't go back to the nothing I had b4... Although if I'd had an infection or something I probably wouldn't be thinking the same thing.

How's it all going for you? Did u seek another opinion? I considered that at one point as my p.s said he'd never come across a case like mine, but I reccon I've got overly sensitive tissue...i did see another surgeon when mine was out the country for a drainage and he 1. Was rubbish at it and 2. Didnt think there was much if any in one of my boobs when there was actually about a mug full. Sometimes you cant always trust every surgeons judgement... Specially as i guess this is a pretty rare thing... I also suffer from really strange lumpy bruises so I reccon it's linked to that. I didn't get offered drains to be put in although I was considering asking for them as I really wasn't going to give them up without a fight! Hope everything's ok xx
Clawpaw
Clawpaw
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bella79 28th November 2011, 12:32 am

Hey Clawpaw

Did you get my update on the other thread?

Bella
bella79
bella79
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down