Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

could it be seroma

+4
Grace
AdrianneSamuella
COOKIE
jennyb1709
8 posters

Go down

could it be seroma Empty could it be seroma

Post by jennyb1709 21st March 2010, 8:46 am

hello ladies.......

ok going to phone the nurse in a min... but whats your opinion....as you know im nearly 5 weeks post ba.... and those that have seen my pics will have seen the swelling to the bottom of my left boob...... i think it is getting bigger and i am frightened its a seroma...... has anyone else had a seroma?????
do i need to panic about it... i have googled it and got some info..... and i am concerened........ am i over reacting should i just chill a bit ?????

i knew it was all going to well disappoint
jennyb1709
jennyb1709
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

could it be seroma Empty Re: could it be seroma

Post by COOKIE 21st March 2010, 9:36 am

I don't know anything about a seroma hun, so just found this -

A hematoma is a pocket of solid clotted or liquid blood in the tissues. A seroma is a pocket of clear or slightly blood fluid (usually blood serum or blood plasma) in the tissues. Serious problems due to hematomas or seromas are rare, and may require further surgery to control bleeding or remove the fluid or clot.

If you have either a hematoma or a seroma, you will notice a very swollen and tender area that is possibly darkened, like a very dark bruise. It may feel like a pocket of liquid or hard like a lump underneath. If you have any concerns, call your surgeon immediately.

From HERE

The swelling you're experincing might well be very normal hun, I too had swelling that made the breast look worse by the day it seemed all the way up until ten weeks till it suddenly got better! So try not to get yourself upset hunni, but definately don't ignore it.

If ever anyone is overly concerned about anything regarding your surgery, then you should call the clinic babe just to make sure all is well.

Let us know how you get on sweetheart.

Thinking of you and sending a big hug Hug
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyb1709 21st March 2010, 9:50 am

thanks cookie have left a message with the nurse and im sure she will give me a call sometime soon..... will let you know...... have been reading on the other site .....that it seems really common to have some fluid...... for a while and like me its not been noticeable until several weeks after ba....think i just totally freaked myself out ( well i hope so)

oh and thanks for the hug Hug
jennyb1709
jennyb1709
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyb1709 21st March 2010, 2:16 pm

i have put some pics up of the fluid / swelling if you have my password feel free to look and let me know if you think im over reacting or not...... i have no pain they just feel and look swollen..... maybe i did too much or something i just dont know :dunno:
jennyb1709
jennyb1709
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by AdrianneSamuella 21st March 2010, 2:25 pm

Hey Jenny,

I have a look and I think they are a bit swollen on the side. I was imagining something worse thant but overall they seem fine. Hopefully the nurse should get back to you soon and put your concerns at rest. I'm sure there's nothing to be worried about. Your twins still look fab to me!

xx
AdrianneSamuella
AdrianneSamuella
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post by Grace 21st March 2010, 3:41 pm

Hi Lovely
I had a quick look and they still look fab dont they could it be seroma 113752
Try not to worry about the swelling and the darker area, let us know what the nurse says.
Have you had your 6 week check up yet?
Lots of love and thinking of you
Grace
xxx
Grace
Grace
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 605

Back to top Go down

Post by lea1983 21st March 2010, 5:15 pm

Hey hun can I have a look ? have you seen nurse yet ?hope that all is ok x could it be seroma 321562
lea1983
lea1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 336

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 21st March 2010, 5:27 pm

I had ur password from before and had a quick peek, it could just be swelling as it can take a while to go. But I would check with the nurse just to put your mind at rest
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 21st March 2010, 7:21 pm

I would call your nurse/surgeon just to check. It's unlikely to be anythign serious but it's worth just getting them checked over just in case.

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

could it be seroma Empty its gone

Post by jennyb1709 22nd March 2010, 4:07 pm

well what a relief.... i cant believe it has gone so quick........must have just over done things....... nurse said would be unlikely to get a seroma 5 weeks after a ba .... seromas generally happen within a few days of surgery................still i am booked in to see her next tues for my 6 week check.......... i did however take some ibuprofen and have started back on the arnica ..... this maybe coincidental... but im just happy its gone....................oh and thought i might sleep upright for a couple of nights too

thanks for your thoughts and comments xxx Hug
jennyb1709
jennyb1709
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd March 2010, 4:11 pm

Glad you've been reassured all is well Jenny Hug
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 23rd March 2010, 2:46 pm

Glad all is normal lovely
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by showmethemoni69 4th April 2010, 6:54 am

Hi Jenny, sorry i couldnt send you a private message back as it says i cant as i havent reached the post limit for sending one.

Firstly can i say it is quite normal to have a build up of fluid after surgery and this can take months to be absorbed back into your body.

I have had a BA twice before so i know how your breasts feel/heal after surgery.

My experience of a seroma - I had a bi-lateral seroma which was very rare, trust me........

Under my breasts they felt quite lumpy to touch where there was fluid, also to the left/right of my breast it felt puffy to touch where the fluid had also collected, also on my left hand side it reached my armpit which became uncomfortable and resticted movement.

I cant show you any pictures of my boobs as i had my implants removed on Thursday after 2 revision surgeries in 2 weeks to help my body recover before putting implants back in. I must say it is very strange having small boobies again.......

It is helping as the fluid is absorbing slowly back into my body, i can feel this as it is uncomfortable when the fluid builds up and is relieved when it is absorbing back into my body.... fingers crossed this helps and i can have my boobs back soon!!

If you have any concernes Jenny contact the clinic to put your mind at rest.

Avril xx
showmethemoni69
showmethemoni69
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyb1709 4th April 2010, 9:36 am

thank you so much avril....... i have sent you a private message.....
so soryy about the explantation....wishing you a speedy recovery
xxxxxxxxxxx
jennyb1709
jennyb1709
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down