Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Telling my daughters

5 posters

Go down

Telling my daughters Empty Telling my daughters

Post by sims 2nd August 2011, 9:53 pm

Hello All
After weeks of lurking I thought I would I utilise the mass of experience on here!

So, after years of (flat-chested) contemplation I might just go ahead with it - 2 consultations this month- eekk!

What I am most worried about is the effect that me having a BA will gave on my 2 girls (12 and 9). I have spent the last 20 years trying to convince myself there is nothing wrong with the way I look, and trying to keep my self-confidence high. I hate the fact that I feel I need to have surgery -why am I letting society dictate how I feel about myself?!!

Anyway, what is holding me back from the BA is the perception this will give my girls. I want them to grow up confident with their bodies - and to not let social norms affect them. However at least of of them is likely to end up like me (34aa - inherited from my mother!). If I have a boob job, what message am I sending them?!!

I would really appreciate an thought from those of you that have been though similar!
Thanks
sims
sims
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Telling my daughters Empty Re: Telling my daughters

Post by moongal 3rd August 2011, 4:54 am

HI sims, although I don't have kids, I can definitely relate to the internal conflict you have about letting society dictate how you feel/what you do...Ultimately, I decided to go for it. I do plan on having children someday, and when the time is right, I will tell my daughter/son about my breast augmentation.

Maybe you could be discreet, wait till you healed a bit, think more about what you want to say, and then everything will be done and at least they won't have to worry about mum getting "surgery." Just my 2 cents! It's not worth much, but hopefully others will have something to say about this interesting topic/question.

xoxoxo Give You
moongal
moongal
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 199

Back to top Go down

Post by Emme-Kate 3rd August 2011, 6:17 am

I have always been really honest with my kids but on an age appropriate level.My daughter is a teenager so I told her I was getting the lift and adding the implant so I could go back to my original breast size that I was before nursing them as babies.She was very happy for me and she understood why I wanted to get my figure back & that I was doing this for me and for no other reason.

My son is 10 and I waited to tell him until about 2 days before my surgery.I didn't want him to worry,he's my little protector and worries about things more than my daughter.I told him that I was fixing myself up a little bit by having a female surgery on my breasts.I waited for him to ask questions and he only wanted to know if I would be OK and how long would I be gone.I told him yes,it was a very common surgery,I would be fine, and I would be home right after the surgery.I added that I would be sore & might need a little extra help sitting up etc.When I got home he was all ready to wait on me and cuddle with me.He even learned to make me coffee!He never ask for anymore details.

When our children see us happy,it makes them happy to!And this will make you happy.It's something you have wanted for a long time.There's no shame in self improvement.Don't beat yourself up over this.Your doing this because deep down you are a strong and confident woman that now has the choice to change things if you wish.I find it very empowering to not have to settle for things I don't like.I would never want to go back to my grandparents days where there was nothing you could do about it.Telling my daughters 683465

Good luck in your decision Hun ; )
Emme-Kate
Emme-Kate
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 849

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal_Eyes 3rd August 2011, 12:35 pm

Hey sims,

I too am having trouble with this issue. My daughter is 7 now and I worry that me having an operation on my boobs will give her self esteem issues or make her worry that she might "need one" one day too (she worries that anything I have done might happen to her, like my back operation.....I need to constantly reassure her that it was a one off and won't happen to her).
There's so much pressure to be 'perfect' nowadays and I worry that my getting a BA might add to that pressure. I don't know. I'm thinking of taking the 'my boobs needed a little bit of fixing after having a baby' route. But then, she might question that when she's older and I'll have to explain that I waited half my life (literally) to get my boobs improved so that I was happy. Will that just send the message through that surgery = happiness? I don't want her to think that. But I guess as long as we are open to the possibility of questions down the line we can prepare ourselves and hopefully give well rounded answers which don't reflect any negative self esteem issues. In the meantime we act as though we love every inch of ourselves and hope they grow up happy and secure xx

Emme-Kate - your kids sounds absolutely adorable! Bless your son, that is the sweetest thing ever. You must be a fantastic Mummy, they are a credit to you xx
Opal_Eyes
Opal_Eyes
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 664

Back to top Go down

Post by Emme-Kate 3rd August 2011, 8:59 pm

Awe.thank you opal_Eyes!They are the joys of my life!
Emme-Kate
Emme-Kate
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 849

Back to top Go down

Post by sims 3rd August 2011, 9:43 pm

thanks for all the comments!

Both girls will definitely notice straight away - and being the confident straight-talking gals they are, they will both be wanting answers - and I wont be able to fob them off - they both know what "boob job" means!

I have my first consultation booked this Friday - with Transform - so I'll see how I feel after that!
sims
sims
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by charms 3rd August 2011, 11:30 pm

hey i just wanted to say my daughter was 17 when i told her so a little older. // she had always known about my 'issues' and wasn't at all surprised and was very supportive and still is. //

i struggled within myself a lot though -- thinking it 'shouldn't' matter and i 'should' be able to be happy the way i was, but getting realistic with myself, it just wasn't that way.

im a very natural person dont wear makeup dont even shave my legs. im really not concerned with appearance or vanity in almost any usual way. so to spend money on something like this and even consider something like this, was very unusual for me, and i struggled with it, but i listened to my intuition and my intuition told me, it wasn't something i was doing because of outside pressure or to conform to anything - i was doing it because life is short and its important to me to enjoy my life.

so i hope the message it gives to my daughter is not that i didn't or couldn't love myself as i was, but that i love myself -enough- to do something even a little crazy or that other people might not undertsand, to make my life what i want it to be. // so, good luck!
charms
charms
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down