Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FDA approved

3 posters

Go down

FDA approved Empty FDA approved

Post by mimimax83 20th March 2011, 9:37 pm

Am i right in thinking only the allergan and mentor implants are FDA approved? just been looking at some statistics and not too impressed with their lifespan so to speak.
I cant even find anything on the Mentor guarantee. I have been told that the Nagor impalnts should last a lifetime should you have no complications. how can it be that mentor and allergan give their products a 10 yr lifespan and nagor comes with a lifetime guarantee! I'm totally mind boggled by it all now .shrug
mimimax83
mimimax83
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 87

Back to top Go down

FDA approved Empty Re: FDA approved

Post by COOKIE 20th March 2011, 9:51 pm

The Allergan CUI which are not FDA approved have a 10 year guarantee.

The Allergan Inspira range has a lifetime guarantee and is FDA approved.

Mentor are also FDA approved with a lifetime guarantee

Nagor are a British made implant with a lifetime guarantee, although these aren't FDA approved they are a good implant and seem to be the choice for a lot of BAAPs registered surgeons here in the UK.

The guarantees you get with all implants are for the replacement of the implant only should you experience a complication your surgeon feels requires revision.

ALL implants should last a lifetime should you have no complications, even those with a ten year guarantee, the only difference is that should you have any complications after 10 years, you'll get free implants from those with the longer guarantee. x
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mimimax83 20th March 2011, 10:02 pm

thanx cookie
I have been trawling through the FDA website and its statistics, along with a few BA forums. It seems to that rupture rates arent as rare as I had hoped, with any implant. Nagor very much appeal to me being a uk company tho. Im beggining to get the feeling I will never get there with this BA as I cant seem to satisfy my fear of potential rupture. nope xx
mimimax83
mimimax83
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 87

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 20th March 2011, 10:21 pm

Life's full of risks sweetheart, and a BA is not a surgery that comes with a guarantee that it is risk free.

Speaking for myself personally, the insecurities I had about my breasts far outweighed the risks I was aware of and even though I have suffered a rupture not one day have I ever regretted my decision to have my breast implants hun, the change it's made to not only me as a person but also my whole life has been incredible and a risk I was willing to take again when I had my re-op.

It's a hard decision to make when you are aware of the risks involved and a very individual one, take time to think what the surgery might mean to YOU if you go through with it hun and whether or not the risks involved are worth taking. They were for me FDA approved 571992
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mimimax83 20th March 2011, 10:35 pm

thanx cookie, got some thinking to do....i love this forum! xxx
mimimax83
mimimax83