Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PIPs and lumpy lymphs to come out

2 posters

Go down

PIPs and lumpy lymphs to come out Empty PIPs and lumpy lymphs to come out

Post by Tamz 2nd March 2011, 11:24 pm

Have been told after finding lumps in armpits that my PIPs are to be removed. Then to go NHS for lymphs to be taken out ..then wait 3 months until i can have re augmentation. Is it worth me paying private to have PIPS removed and lymphs done at the same time, rather than the 3 ops? I feel like the private clinic should take some responsibility for this, but they seem to be leaving it in my hands to sort lymphs on nhs, whom my doc has said wont class it as urgent, and may even refuse the op as i went private. I feel very isolated considering I bought an extra 2 years insurance on my implants and had no idea i was getting an inferior product. I am worried about health implications and the 3 operations...do i let the hospital group remove pips, then nhs for lumps, or is it best to private and have 1 op for both?
Tamz
Tamz
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 191

Back to top Go down

PIPs and lumpy lymphs to come out Empty Re: PIPs and lumpy lymphs to come out

Post by John Pereira 7th March 2011, 8:56 pm

Hi
Sorry for the delay in replying.
I am not sure why this isnt being offered as a single stage - most commonly we would do this at one stage - the problem in a clinic might be the access and cost of pathology specimens, that is the cost of looking at the lymph nodes down the microscope. If I were you, as you have paid for an extended warranty I would push for it all to be done at once if possible. Occasionally it is not possible to replace implants immediately if there is infection, but I have usually been able to do this in one stage after PIPs. Let me know how you get on.
Best wishes

JP
John Pereira
John Pereira
Breast Buddies' Resident Surgeon
Breast Buddies' Resident Surgeon

Number of posts : 60

Back to top Go down