Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coping with Toddlers Post Op

+2
kaboobie
Auriga
6 posters

Go down

Coping with Toddlers Post Op Empty Coping with Toddlers Post Op

Post by Auriga 19th February 2011, 1:17 pm

Hi there!

New to this today. I'm getting my op on the 8th of March, an implant on one side and an uplift on the other.

I'm worried about handling my babies post op. One is just 3 and the other 17 months. I've got help lined up, but am wondering how soon I will be able to drive (to do the nursery run) and then all the little things like lifting my son into his cot / highchair / car seat....I've been told 6 weeks for all of those things, but am telling myself it won't be that long. Comparing it to my c section which is the only surgery I've ever had, I was driving again after 3 1/2 weeks. Does the pain compare to that at all?

Just don't know what to expect.

Thanks x
Auriga
Auriga
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 54

Back to top Go down

Coping with Toddlers Post Op Empty Re: Coping with Toddlers Post Op

Post by kaboobie 19th February 2011, 3:18 pm

You could drive about a week later, or 2 weeks depending on how soon you feel comfortable yourself, you could unstrap them by this time, but lifting them is a no no, until 4-6 weeks post op... so if they are good at climbing up into their seats and out, and all you have to do is buckle, then your good... or just have someone help you load and unload, im sure the daycare teachaers would help when ou get there if you told them you had medical reasons for not being ale to lift them for 6 weeks, and a husband or neighbour could help you load them... i have a 2 year old and cant lift her for another 4 weeks, ive been helping her onto my bed with my leg/foot lol. :O)
kaboobie
kaboobie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsG 19th February 2011, 3:27 pm

I have a 9 yr old, 24 mth old and a 7mth old. I was able to hold the baby the day after my surgery and by 4/5 days I could pick her up. I waited until a week to put her into the cot though. I was nearly two weeks post op til I put them both into the car, but I have a Renault Scenic Grande so its quite high up to lift them up to that. As my husband was happy helping out I did milk it abit but I cracked when no housework got done and by day 12 I was back to normal.

Good luck for your op hope thats been helpful xx
MrsG
MrsG
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 19th February 2011, 3:43 pm

are you having under the muscle or over the muscle?

After my implants last year, i didnt lift my kids for 4 weeks. It was tough. The first 2 weeks my OH was able to work from home so he could do the lifting. The 2 weeks after that were tough, but i just tried to stay in the house as much as possible so i didnt have to push the pushchair or lift them in and out of it. I planned it for the summer holidays so i didnt have to do anything unless i felt up to it.

This time round i just had an uplift and i was able to do gentle lifting from just after a few days - on and off the potty/toilet, down from wherever theyve climbed onto, that sort of thing.
If youre having overs, youll probably be back to normal a lot quicker than if youre having unders, but whatever the placement, the time goes by quite quickly, and its not as much of an issue as you probably think it will be.
You can do things like give your youngest picnics on the floor rather than in a highchair, and slowly get them to take stairs with you supervising, rather than carrying them.
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by bigandsmall 23rd February 2011, 8:32 pm

Mrs G - please tell me you don't have a 9 year old, you don't look old enough! *feels old and haggard*
bigandsmall
bigandsmall
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 256

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 23rd February 2011, 8:38 pm

I had implants and an uplift and I needed help for 2 weeks with my kids aged 18mo and 3. Then once I was on my own I just had to modify how I did some things and take it a bit easy and not over do it. But by 4 weeks I felt perfect.
xx
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down