Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorry to sound ignorant-but what are PIP implants?

2 posters

Go down

Sorry to sound ignorant-but what are PIP implants? Empty Sorry to sound ignorant-but what are PIP implants?

Post by 02050Mama 5th January 2011, 2:11 am

Hey girls-I've been reading your posts in here, but am wondering what exactly are PIP implants, and why do they have to be removed. I know you girls are pouring your hearts and souls out here, so I am sorry to sound rude, but I would rather hear it from you than Google ;) xx
02050Mama
02050Mama
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 67

Back to top Go down

Sorry to sound ignorant-but what are PIP implants? Empty Re: Sorry to sound ignorant-but what are PIP implants?

Post by Vix 5th January 2011, 11:07 pm

I hope i can be accurate here, PIP implants are a specific brand of silicone implant manufactured by a french company which were used up until March last year. They were recalled due to high rupture rates and reports of leaking silicone and it was found that the silicone used in them was not up to medical standard.

Many women have had these implants and experienced problems and higher than normal rupture rates. Some people have experienced travelling silicone in their bodies and experienced a wide variety of symtpoms, these symptoms though have not been directly attributed to the leaking implants yet. Test have been done and further results are expected, to establish whether the silicone used is damaging to the body in any way. British tests showed that the silicone was not toxic to the body but the French tests are not 100% conclusive, hence the need for further testing. Both have confirmed though that the outer shell of the implants was not as thick as was stated by the manufacturer, which could explain the high rupture rate.

All women with these implants are being told to visit their surgeons and get ultrasounds or MRI scans to establish whether the implants have ruptured.

Hope this has helped, please anyone else correct me if any of this is not accurate. xx
Vix
Vix
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 241

Back to top Go down

Sorry to sound ignorant-but what are PIP implants? Empty Re: Sorry to sound ignorant-but what are PIP implants?

Post by 02050Mama 6th January 2011, 2:45 am

Thanks Vix-VERY helpful-and to all you PIP "survivors" out there-GOOD LUCK Hug XX
02050Mama
02050Mama
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down