Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Had op yesterday..in a lot of pain ouch

+9
misf1
COOKIE
Rtaylor
angbabyxx
carol_s
sarahdawn31
candy rain
Loubyroo
Tinkerbella
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Had op yesterday..in a lot of pain ouch Empty Had op yesterday..in a lot of pain ouch

Post by Tinkerbella 16th December 2010, 6:51 pm

Hey ladies I had my op yesterday n I'm in alot of pain iv taken all tablets etc bit got bad back ache,feels like my ribs are bruised and really bad pains down my side n in my chest when I breathe.is this normal?n how long does it last I'm in bad pain x
Tinkerbella
Tinkerbella
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Had op yesterday..in a lot of pain ouch Empty Re: Had op yesterday..in a lot of pain ouch

Post by Loubyroo 16th December 2010, 7:31 pm

Aw Hun, I feel for you, I too had my op yesterday and do feel everything you describe just obviously not as badly as you. I hope it wears off soon x
Loubyroo
Loubyroo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 319

Back to top Go down

Had op yesterday..in a lot of pain ouch Empty Re: Had op yesterday..in a lot of pain ouch

Post by candy rain 16th December 2010, 7:39 pm

ahhhh hun, i feel for you, think about those lovely new additions that youv got to look forward and take a deep breath and keep up with the meds, hope you feel better soon hun, chin up xxx
candy rain
candy rain
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 109

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 16th December 2010, 8:05 pm

congrats on the new boobies hun... hopefully a couple of days and you should be feeling a lot better. I was off all pain meds by day 3. Rest up and wishing you a speedy recovery. xx
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 16th December 2010, 8:36 pm

I feel so sorry for you hun - do you know if you have a low threshold to pain??
I had bad backache (which I presumed was due to the unusual sleeping posture we have to adopt post operatively). Did they not supply you with stronger pain relief than you can buy over the counter, when you were discharged?? Is this not helping you??
If you are still in considerable pain tomorrow, have a word with your clinic and/or your GP - you shouldn't have to suffer like this.
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbella 16th December 2010, 9:30 pm

They only gave me standard over the counter pain relief.my back really hurts too.
How long does pain last x
Tinkerbella
Tinkerbella
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 16th December 2010, 9:45 pm

I still get twinges of the back pain hunnie - but I haven't taken any pain relief as I was scared that it would mask any pain that was there to warn me of overstretching my boobies (I had unders and when stretching to pick something up, I would get a stab of pain which instantly told me "Don't persist with this action"). That pain has gone now and movement is back to around 98% of normal.
If you are in this much pain though, you really should talk to your clinic about it and if it is near enough to you, arrange to give you something stronger or they might have a word with your GP in which case you should be able to pick up a prescription from your own doctor. Hug
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by angbabyxx 16th December 2010, 10:54 pm

Oh you poor things!!!! It can be be painful and uncomfortable at first, due to the inflammation/swelling/pressure of the your new boobies....if the painkillers are not helping then check with your clinic to see if the dose can be upped or if you can take something stronger or a combination of anti-inflams and painkillers. I was uncomfortable for the first week but it does get better -honest.

The best thing you can do is rest up and give yourself time to heal, you have just had major surgery after all and a cooling water bottle or frozen peas can help to soothe some of the swelling. Get some advice from your clinic hun, they should be able to advice you in the many different ways you can help reduce the discomfort.

Keep us girls posted with your progress and read through some of the 'healing processes' that the girls have gone through and you will see that it 'does' get better and you will begin to enjoy your new boobies! xx
angbabyxx
angbabyxx
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1108

Back to top Go down

Post by Rtaylor 17th December 2010, 12:17 am

Hi Tinkerbella,
I had my op on Wednesday am I too am in alot of pain, way more than I ever expected. The pain medication they gave me makes me sick so I am having trouble keeping it down even with the anti nausea tablets. Just as all the other girls have suggested call your clinic or even your GP or if it gets really bad go to your local hospital. Thats what I did late last night and they gave me a shot for the pain as I couldn't keep anything down and i was having trouble breathing and after some sleep I feel so much better this morning.
So I feel for you babe, but t I just keep telling myself that in a few days I will be sooo much better and then in a couple of weeks it will be Christmas and I will be so happy with my new boobs.
Lots of love x x x Hug
Rtaylor
Rtaylor
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 17th December 2010, 7:45 am

Tinkerbella wrote:Hey ladies I had my op yesterday n I'm in alot of pain iv taken all tablets etc bit got bad back ache,feels like my ribs are bruised and really bad pains down my side n in my chest when I breathe.is this normal?n how long does it last I'm in bad pain x

Everything you're experiencing is normal hun, so you have nothing to be concerned about but if the pain is that bad it obviously isn't being managed well 'for you' so you need to call your clinic hun and request a stronger painkiller to get you through the next few days.

Try using a hot water bottle to help ease your back hun and do try to have short walks, if only to the kitchen and back a couple of times a day being aware of your posture and standing as straight as you can.

Big hugs for you sweetness Had op yesterday..in a lot of pain ouch 571992 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbella 17th December 2010, 9:24 am

Is it normal to keep being sick?x
Tinkerbella
Tinkerbella
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 17th December 2010, 9:47 am

Yeah hun... some of us do suffer sickness after our surgery. This can be down to the anaesthetic and/or the type of painkiller you're taking.

What painkillers have you been given? xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbella 17th December 2010, 10:58 am

Cocodamol x
Tinkerbella
Tinkerbella
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 17th December 2010, 11:06 am

How are you feeling this morning hunnie?? Any better?? Hug
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbella 17th December 2010, 11:17 am

Erm I woke up n got sick,had terrible back pain,tried to eat toast as I only ate 2 pieces of toast yesterday n felt a bit better but couldn't take pain relief as I'm not good at taking tablets they make me heave.iv had enough of my bed so I'm down on the sofa in front room but chest hurts when I breathe a bit?x
Tinkerbella
Tinkerbella
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 17th December 2010, 11:22 am

Please phone your clinic hunnie and see what they can do for you - there is no need for you to be in this pain and feeling nauseous - you should be enjoying this time, not suffering from it Hug
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 17th December 2010, 11:24 am

Tinkerbella wrote:Cocodamol x

Ahhhh that may explain your sickness hun. Codeine does make quite a lot of people sick, I had the same problem and had to stop taking it.

If you feel you can manage on paracetamol hun and stop taking the codeine then this would be the best thing to do to help you feel better, but if you feel the pain is so severe you cant manage without a strong pain killer then call your clinic for further advice babe Had op yesterday..in a lot of pain ouch 571992 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 17th December 2010, 11:24 am

I would call the clinic or go to your GP or pharmacy and see what they can give you for sickness/pain relief.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jellytot1 17th December 2010, 2:16 pm

You can get dissolvable tablets if you're not good at swallowing them. And how about rubbing in some deep heat cream onto your back - just make sure you don't get it near boobs (so wash hands well) And maybe the tablets are making you sick because you aren't eating enough while taking them - vicious circle I know. I had a really bad virus earlier this year - felt and was sick for 2 months, I think I had tablets called Domedepide (something like that) as anti nausea treatment and I just lived on watered down soup that I could drink in a mug and ritz type crackers that I could nibble. Hope you feel better soon - I have warned my hospital that I will probably be terrible sick after GA (have been after gas and air and pethidine having kids and whatever that stuff was they used to knock you out with as a kid for taking out teeth), they said I can have anti sickness drugs in a drip with my pain relief while in hospital.

But as others have said - call your clinic, that is what you paid all that money for! xx
jellytot1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 762

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenbabes 18th December 2010, 6:30 am

Hi Tinkerbella haven't had my BA yet it's in Feb 2011, but don't worry try to stay calm it's only temperary hun, thing positive just picture yourself with your new boobies lead in the sun with the warm heat on your body from the caribbean sun Hug
Jenbabes
Jenbabes
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 200

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenbabes 18th December 2010, 6:52 am

Tinkerbella, loubyroo, rtaylor,sarahdawn31,angbaby
All you lovley ladies just had your BA congratulations and I hope you all have a speedy recovery. My BA Day is booked for 5th Feb 2011 can't wait excited yet scared but I guess you guy's had the same feeling Drool
Jenbabes
Jenbabes
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 200

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovelylittlesmile 18th December 2010, 10:46 pm

I had my ba on wednesday and was very sick after but day 2, i was ok abit shaky but ok! and today i had a little trip out to get my daughters some wellies with my fiancé. ( felt a bit fragile ) it is getting easier but at the moment i have
*back pain, feel abit stiff,
*my back, and sides is itchy,
* my stiches are abit stingy when i move, and pulls on my left side.
*tight chest
* if i go upstairs i find it difficult to maintain a convo ha ha! (tight chest)
* *Stingy nipples if i bend over, and go warm when i stand back up!
* sometimes it feels like my boobs are slightly buzzing.
LASTLY ....... i hate sleeping up right!! lol!

I thought id just write what i'm experiencing as what you have mentioned is everything i have too.

Its just so worrying cos its all new.... and i dont want to pester my nurse ha ha!

hope everyone is recovering well. x x x

Lovelylittlesmile
Lovelylittlesmile
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Loubyroo 19th December 2010, 1:12 pm

My BA was on Wednesday too, I can sympathise with everything your feeling although I think I have been quite lucky, no sickness and minimal pain. I too however hate the whole sleeping arrangements as I naturally sleep on my front! My boobs are better each and every day and have now reached the ichy stage which I am taking as a good healing sign.
Loubyroo
Loubyroo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovelylittlesmile 19th December 2010, 2:15 pm

loubyroo what size implants did you have? and were they overs or unders..... ?

i was told that overs wouldnt hurt that much but i think they were lying ha ha! also i dont know whether its because ive had 525's that are causing me a little bit more pain!

i think im being a little bit mard but i just find it more annoying than anything!!

what size were you before? x x x x x x
Lovelylittlesmile
Lovelylittlesmile
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 19th December 2010, 2:50 pm

Hay Hun................All you are feeling is totally normal but none the less it hurts like hell!. Im afraid i was in alot of pain for 2 weeks with my B.A then it slowly got better after the 2 week mark.

I found that moving around & trying to stand straight unbarable at one point & spent the day crying getting NO sympathy what so ever as it was 'self inflickted!'

It will ease up but at about 4-5 days really try & stand up straight & yoll find youll feel a bit better

x
Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next