Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good news/bad news 1 year post op check

+23
tanyajade
hattie260
Phoebe
mariajw
alfie
Peachy34
LittleOne
abbie
Annie66
suzi
kittie
janeybird
cherry74
*Sally*
xx sharon xx
Crystal
misf1
natalia
CharlieB
mrsm
fluffy_bunn1e
tinks76
COOKIE
27 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Good news/bad news 1 year post op check - Page 2 Empty Re: Good news/bad news 1 year post op check

Post by abbie 22nd October 2010, 7:13 pm

im sorry to hear its come to this cookie. You must be thoroughly fed up of boob ops
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Good news/bad news 1 year post op check - Page 2 Empty Re: Good news/bad news 1 year post op check

Post by LittleOne 22nd October 2010, 7:16 pm

Massive hugs Cookie xx

Could you maybe look into alternative therapies for the pain such as acupuncture? But defo get a 2nd opinion and keep fighting hun x
LittleOne
LittleOne
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 408

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 22nd October 2010, 8:33 pm

Hi Cookie I had an op (not on boobies) a while ago and had pain in my scar tissue for about 2 years and then it went away so hopefully there will be light at the end of the tunnel for you hun and time will be a healer xx
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 22nd October 2010, 8:33 pm

Big hugs for you cookie Hug

I'm so sorry the news isn't all good hun, you've been through so much already. I truly hope the pain does settle down for you. xxx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down

Post by mariajw 23rd October 2010, 12:15 am

Aww, Cookie. I didn't know. I'll keep me fingers crossed babe, that it sorts itself out. xxx
mariajw
mariajw
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2252

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 23rd October 2010, 7:18 am

HI Cookie, so sorry you are still having problems. You are very strong, though as through this you are still remaining positive. Hope you manage to get everythign sorted xx
Phoebe
Phoebe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1211

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 23rd October 2010, 7:23 am

I didn't realise you were having problems hun, so sorry to hear that. Do you think it may be worth getting a second opinion at all? Just see hat another surgeon says?
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2121

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 23rd October 2010, 7:33 am

abbie wrote:You must be thoroughly fed up of boob ops

Yeah, it is getting me down a little at the mo but trying to stay positive, xx

LittleOne wrote:Massive hugs Cookie xx

Could you maybe look into alternative therapies for the pain such as acupuncture? But defo get a 2nd opinion and keep fighting hun x

I hadn't thought of that. Something definately worth looking into - Thankyou. xx

Peachy34 wrote:Hi Cookie I had an op (not on boobies) a while ago and had pain in my scar tissue for about 2 years and then it went away so hopefully there will be light at the end of the tunnel for you hun and time will be a healer xx

That's really encouraging Peachy. Thanks babe. x

hattie260 wrote:I didn't realise you were having problems hun, so sorry to hear that. Do you think it may be worth getting a second opinion at all? Just see hat another surgeon says?

LOL I did mention ages ago I think all the way back in May about this particular problem with my boob but I'm not one to continuously go on about it, there wasn't anything I could do about it but wait so I didn't want to run everone down with my ongoing probs.

Seeing another surgeon is something I'm considering Hattie. I'm just waiting on James' response here before I make my next move.

Thanks hun. xx

Thanks also to Alfie, mariajw and Pheobe. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tanyajade 23rd October 2010, 9:02 am

Aw Cookie, I'm so sorry huni. What about a smaller implant or changing smooth/textured (don't know what you have now). Do painkillers help? X
tanyajade
tanyajade
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

http://WWW.STORES.EBAY.CO.UK/HERROYALHAIRNESS

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 23rd October 2010, 10:46 am

tanyajade wrote:Aw Cookie, I'm so sorry huni. What about a smaller implant or changing smooth/textured (don't know what you have now). Do painkillers help? X

My surgeon didn't mention any solution to the problem hun, other than giving it a little more time and see if it goes on it's own.

I do take painkillers, they help yes, but even with painkillers I cant go braless for very long and it's still there like toothache all the time.

I've just had a response from James saying even if the implants are removed I may still have this pain now anyway due the nerve being cut. My surgeon did mention this but suggested removal anyway.

If I'm gonna have this pain forever I may as well have bloody BOOBS and PAIN!

Had a bit of a melt down this morning, this is just so sh*t! If the pain doesn't resolve itself I'm screwed either way and may have to face the prospect of a lifetime with this pain!
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MarieMc85 23rd October 2010, 11:13 am

Ah Cookie, sorry to hear this.

I think a second opinion would be helpful, just to see what another surgeon says.

I hope it gets better or that you find a solution soon xxx
MarieMc85
MarieMc85
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3555

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 23rd October 2010, 11:29 am

MarieMc85 wrote:Ah Cookie, sorry to hear this.

I think a second opinion would be helpful, just to see what another surgeon says.

Thanks Marie.

If James had said something different then I would have gone to see another surgeon, but as both my surgeon and James are saying the same thing I just dont see the point now in my paying to see someone to be told the same again.
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 23rd October 2010, 12:40 pm

I don't know what to say cookie, I'm really gutted for you hun. I'm keeping everything crossed that the massage will eventually work and your pain will ease. Take care. Hug
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleOne 23rd October 2010, 1:15 pm

cookie wrote:
MarieMc85 wrote:Ah Cookie, sorry to hear this.

Thanks Marie.

If James had said something different then I would have gone to see another surgeon, but as both my surgeon and James are saying the same thing I just dont see the point now in my paying to see someone to be told the same again.

Cookie hun I know you're feeling very disheartened but I really do think seeing someone else in person is a good idea. I know James is good and no disrespect to him but I think you need to be examined by a neutral surgeon (probably not the right word but you know what I mean) before anyone can say for sure what's happening.
Chin up sweets x
Hug
LittleOne
LittleOne
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephy x 23rd October 2010, 1:18 pm

Oh Cookie sad smile gutted for you hun....I truely hope the pain does go away......

massive Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug xxxx
Stephy x
Stephy x
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 23rd October 2010, 5:44 pm

Thanks Alfie and Stephy Hug

Littleone - I'm probably not thinking straight today as I was a bit upset earlier. I probably will as you say go and see another surgeon, I just need to give myself a little time to get my head round this first, as well as needing the scar revision. Thanks so much hun. Hug
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleOne 23rd October 2010, 5:51 pm

You're welcome sweets. Just do it all in your own time when you're ready, everyone here will help you through it xx
LittleOne
LittleOne
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleOne 24th October 2010, 10:34 am

How are you feeling today Cookie?
xx
LittleOne
LittleOne
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th October 2010, 11:10 am

LittleOne wrote:How are you feeling today Cookie?
xx

Bless your heart for thinking of me LittleOne - Thank you. Hug

I just have to get on with things now hun, no point me whinging about it if there's nothing that can be done. I'm going to arrange a consultation with another surgeon, see what they say, then I've had 3 opinions and will go from there. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleOne 24th October 2010, 4:18 pm

Glad you're feeling a little better hun and good that you're seeking another opinion. Just one step at a time Hug
LittleOne
LittleOne
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kld247 25th October 2010, 3:20 pm

Sending you big Hug Cookie xxx
Hope you find the right solution for you and everything works out ok. It must be so hard going through all this, so hats off to you for keeping so strong xxxx
kld247
kld247
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 609

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 25th October 2010, 6:32 pm

LittleOne wrote:Glad you're feeling a little better hun and good that you're seeking another opinion. Just one step at a time Hug

Thank you Hug

kld247 wrote:Sending you big Hug Cookie xxx
Hope you find the right solution for you and everything works out ok. It must be so hard going through all this, so hats off to you for keeping so strong xxxx

Thanks babe Hug I feel like the most bloody unlucky person in the world at the moment if I'm honest! LOL
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 25th October 2010, 10:54 pm

Oh babe! Hug Good news on the scar revision business! But so sorry to hear about the nerve, thats truely crap! Really hope it remedies itself!x
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1920

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 26th October 2010, 1:21 am

Cookie, I have posted this to you and James in the ask a surgeon part of the forum, but thought I'd post it here too
I have been doing some research on different implants and gels and stuff cause, well I'm just weird. Along my travels into implant gels I came across the softer silicone gel filled and firmer gummy bear cohesive gel filled debate and found one part that I thought might help you. I believe you had the same implants as me which are the CUI MHP silicone gel filled implants, these being a softer gel the gel moves/falls about makeing the shell fold/ripple and move about, this gives the more natural feel I believe. I understand your surgeon said your pain could be from internal scaring hitting a nerve and thought with the softer gel due to the shell moving with the gel it could irritate scaring but a more cohesive implant as it is form stable and therefore the gel inside does not move the shell does not ripple/fold with movement so would be less likely to rub on the internal scars you may have thus less irritation with the nerve. As you did mention with a bra on the pain is less, probably as the implant is more firmly held in place.
I dont' know if this would help and as I said asked james if he thought it could, I was just reading the pros and cons of silicone gel v cohesive silicone gel and when they mentioned folding and less chance of CC etc i just put scar tissue in it and thought of you.
I know I'm weird
big hugs

Last edited by misf1 on 26th October 2010, 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 26th October 2010, 1:45 am

click here for one of the sites I was looking at, it has a pic of the two implants and shows what I mean about the shell folding rippling in the softer implant and the cohesive barely moves
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next