Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my righty causing a fuss

4 posters

Go down

my righty causing a fuss  Empty my righty causing a fuss

Post by Scarlett 15th September 2010, 11:51 am

shrug

I had my augmentation 5 years ago in November.

I got 275cc high cohesive silicon gels, over the muscle. I have hod no problems with them up until five months or so ago and now just a bit worried.

its a bit of a story so please stay with me :-)

My lefty seams fine, but my righty occassionally causes a fuss!

for the last 5 ish months, it has intermintently become swollen a total of three times. First time I thought I had done it at the gym and just pulled a muscle and caused the implant to move a bit and to swell. I took anti inflamitories and the swelling went down after a few days. symptoms were, swelling as in my righty looking higher than my left, feeling harder and a bit sore to touch underneath near where scar is. After the few days it went back to normal and returned to original size and softness.

Then maybe a couple of months after that, it happened again, this time I was cleaning the bathroom, reaching up and felt like my muscle has popped my implant out a little maybe of its pocket, or squeezed it. Next day the same thing happened, it swelled and got higher and harder then my lefty.
This time I saw the doctor who said it felt like it was capsulating and gave me a number of a surgeon to contact to get advice, I suppose I already knew the NHS wouldn't help.
But low and behold, anti inflamitories a few days later and all went back to normal!.

Unfortuantely, eight weeks on, its happened again!!!!! This time I dunno whats caused it...I have been over exurting myself a little, but surely my boob shouldn't just swell up every time I get a bit more physical??????
I've gone to the gym and done weights etc for years but its never had an effect on my boobs or implants.

I had my breasts done like I said years ago and back then there wasnt a big life time aftercare thing like there is now, so I cant go back to my surgeon. Plus I live up North now and no where near the clinic I had them done.

I dont understand whats going on and just need some advice really.... does this sound like off on capsulating or something else or what?! I didnt think capsulation happened just off on off on....

Ive just bought a house etc so my finances are stretched massively at the moment and to see a surgeon for consulation is going to be around £150.00

Thankyou all so much

s
Scarlett
Scarlett
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

my righty causing a fuss  Empty Re: my righty causing a fuss

Post by kittie 15th September 2010, 12:04 pm

sorry to hear you're having problems scarlett - why won't an nhs surgeon see you?
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett 15th September 2010, 12:06 pm

My doctor said its because they'll not help with private surgery, ie cosmetic, unless it was life threatening or making me very ill, which it isnt.

:-(
Scarlett
Scarlett
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 15th September 2010, 12:28 pm

That's awful babe. Why not try posting a question for James McDiarmid on here? He might be able to advise you. Canot offer much help hun but hope you get this sorted out.
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th September 2010, 4:34 pm

What make are your implants hunni?

It may be worthwhile going back to your GP hun and requesting they give you an ultrasound scan just to check that the implants are intact and that there is no rupture. (I'm not suggesting you do have a rupture, just your symptoms may suggest further investigation for that)

If you would rather see a PS. there are companies that offer free consultations such as Transform, Mya or The Harley Medical.

No surgeon can tell you if you have a rupture just from examining you though hun and they would charge you for a scan, so if you can put pressure on your GP to give you that it would be better sweetie.
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett 15th September 2010, 5:25 pm

Cookie

Thanks for your reply too, how did you know you had a rupture? Did you have similar symptoms to me?

x
Scarlett
Scarlett
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th September 2010, 5:35 pm

Kinda similar hun, but not everyone experiences the same symptoms.

I found raised lymph nodes under my arm pits, but same as you, I experienced pain like that of a pulled muscle and when the swelling to the breast started, it did start intermittently and then suddenly just swelled to three times the size of the other and didn't go down again after that.

I might also add that if you put some emphasis on the pain you're experiencing when requesting a scan from your GP, regardless of the fact that you had the initial surgery privately, your GP has a duty of care and should follow with further investigation.

Which type of implant do you have hunni? e.g Allergan CUIs/Naturelles/Inspira, Nagor, PIPs, Mentor...
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett 16th September 2010, 12:35 pm

My implants are eurosilicone cohesive gels, I saw my doctor today but won't further it for me :-(

I have now booked a consultation with mybreasts but thats not until the 30th of this month.
Do you know roughly how much private scans are?
I have no idea.

Have a feeling this is gonna cost me a fortune :-(

Thankyou so much for all the replies
S x
Scarlett
Scarlett
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sherri9871 15th October 2010, 6:34 pm

Hi Scarlett, Private ultasound for one breast is roughly £225 and £248 for two breasts and an mri is £450. My g.p wouldnt refer me for a scan, but kindly got me a quote. thanks
sherri9871
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 211

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down