Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GP referral letter for consultation

+3
moonmar
RoxyChick
Jemmy
7 posters

Go down

GP referral letter for consultation Empty GP referral letter for consultation

Post by Jemmy 19th March 2009, 9:59 am

I had my consultation appointment time letter this morning and it said that I need a referral letter from my GP?

How do I go about getting that because I booked the appointment myself without discussing it with my GP.

Confused.com here!!!

Jem Heart
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2948

Back to top Go down

GP referral letter for consultation Empty Re: GP referral letter for consultation

Post by RoxyChick 19th March 2009, 10:10 am

I just had to sign a letter saying that the clinic may need to contact my GP regarding my surgery, but I didn't do anything about contacting my GP.

What company are you having your consult from?
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

GP referral letter for consultation Empty Re: GP referral letter for consultation

Post by moonmar 19th March 2009, 10:12 am

Mmm, I wasn't asked for a referral, when I met my patient coordinator she simply made me sign a paper that allowed them to notify my GP in case I decided to go ahead with the procedure. Who are you going with?
moonmar
moonmar
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1377

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 19th March 2009, 10:22 am

I'm going to Spire Cardiff.

The letter says, " You are required to bring a referral letter from your GP unless your surgery has already sent it directly to us. When you arrive at Outpatient reception you will be required to check your hospital registration form and sign."

Weird!
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 19th March 2009, 10:26 am

How odd. I'd maybe call them and say you don't want you GP notifies as of yet. You have the right not to allow them to contact you GP if you want.

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 19th March 2009, 10:35 am

I've never heard of that, i would give them a call and ask why this policy is in place. I didnt know your GP needed to give you the go ahead for a boob job! I know lots of girls have gone with Spire but never heard of this x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by moonmar 19th March 2009, 11:02 am

I agree, you always have the right for your GP not to know, even though it is safer if they do know. However, theydon't need to be notified until the surgery is booked!
moonmar
moonmar
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 19th March 2009, 11:19 am

Exatly!
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 19th March 2009, 11:32 am

Oh my dear lord!!

I rang the hospital reagarding the letter, the lady was lovely and explained it is proceedure as they need to be aware of medical history. Absolutely fine, my care is paramount. So she asked me to call my docs to get a referral letter faxed to them.

Just called my doctors and been told I have to go and see my doctor to get the letter sent out! I have never such codswallop in my life.

No wonder the NHS is on its Bum Wiggle when you have to make an appointment to get a bleeding letter! What makes it worse is that you can only get an appointment if you call on the day. Supposidly you can't book in advance. :evil:
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 19th March 2009, 11:35 am

Oh my goodness how long! all for just a consultation! Im glad your health is paramount to them but maybe it should be when you book like moonmar said. Hope you get it sorted hun x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeBarbie 19th March 2009, 11:47 am

I just had to sign something saying they can notify my GP aswell.. that sounds like a right potch! My GP has the same stupid "only can have an appointment if you call at 8 in the morning on the day" Annoying! Hope you get it sorted x
BlondeBarbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1849

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 19th March 2009, 11:58 am

My GPs the same. Idiotic ain't it.
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 19th March 2009, 12:03 pm

I'm going to have to take time off work just to get a letter, luckily I work with my dad so it won't be a problem.

But i'm going to make the receptionist check that a letter hasn't already been sent before I book b/c I don't wana get there and him say "oh i've already sent the letter to Spire."
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 19th March 2009, 12:06 pm

It seems like a lot of hassle just for a consult IMO. But each clinic has their own procedure.
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 19th March 2009, 12:21 pm

I'm all for the hospital wanting my records it's just my stupid doctors that's the problem.

Seems ridiculous but if i've gotta have it then the doctors surgery it is!
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 19th March 2009, 2:41 pm

Confused.com is right Rolling Eyes I informed p.s. of my medical history and was asked if I wanted my G.P. informed.

I mean who's body is it, soo much for being responsible for your own health and wellbeing.. as they keep telling us, and working together.. if they can fit you in - aw you don't need this now.... but policies and procedures must be followed :pale: and it is for your health and safety. Take Care just think of your new Flash
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 19th March 2009, 9:31 pm

Great news!!!

Don't have to get a GP letter at all. I had en email back from the surgeons office and the letter is a standard one that is sent out and was told to ignore the part about the referral letter

👍
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 19th March 2009, 10:19 pm

Thank goodness for that! lol x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShootingStar 19th March 2009, 10:22 pm

:lol: had me intrigued for the day, well that's that sorted then Jem 👍 xx
ShootingStar
ShootingStar

Number of posts : 6917

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeBarbie 19th March 2009, 10:53 pm

Ah glad its all sorted hun!
BlondeBarbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1849

Back to top Go down

Post by moonmar 20th March 2009, 12:07 am

One less thing to think about then! It did seem strange, they should correct their letter xx
moonmar
moonmar
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 20th March 2009, 8:45 am

Yea the lady said they are in the process of doing it, thank goodness!

Am getting really excited about it now, can't wait for the surgeon to tell me what size boobies he think will look amazing on me! :lol:
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 20th March 2009, 3:14 pm

Pleased to hear that's sorted and others will benefit from your experience!!!

Excitement oh!!!! and I am sure you will look and feel amazing!!!! enjoy the journey Flash
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 20th March 2009, 4:12 pm

Thanks ladies,

You've all been fabulous to me since I joined. Am looking forward to the road ahead

Jem Heart
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down