Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems with time off work .... what do i do??

+2
sianarmstrong
sars3dd
6 posters

Go down

Problems with time off work .... what do i do?? Empty Problems with time off work .... what do i do??

Post by sars3dd 13th July 2010, 6:24 pm

Well as you know i am waiting on my date for my op. However my husbands work are being idiots about him getting time off to help me out.
He has a week off in august and he asked his work if he can change it so he could have two weeks off in september and they said no. They said he can have a week off in september but his holidays need to be put in 6 weeks in advance.

Now my worry is the hospital dont give me the 6 weeks notice needed for his holidays and i am left alone with a 4,2 and 1yr old with no help at all. Do i write to the hospital and see if they can get the date out to me so he can get his holidays booked or not?

x
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Problems with time off work .... what do i do?? Empty Re: Problems with time off work .... what do i do??

Post by sianarmstrong 13th July 2010, 7:28 pm

i got 2 weeks notice actually i think it was 13 days. but to be honest i think u would be ok with the kids. i have 7 year old twin girls and a 4 year old girl and i was fine with them the only time i really needed help was the kids bed time and that was only for about 3 days
sianarmstrong
sianarmstrong
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 74

Back to top Go down

Problems with time off work .... what do i do?? Empty Re: Problems with time off work .... what do i do??

Post by blyth1 13th July 2010, 7:35 pm

I have no kids and haven't had my surgery yet so have no idea how it would be. I suppose everyone is different but it's good to know that others in the same situation managed. However i don't think it could do any harm to call the hospital and ask the progress of your surgery date. The worst they can say is no date set yet but at least it would let you know where you stand holiday wise.
blyth1
blyth1
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 13th July 2010, 7:37 pm

maybe you could get a childminder for a week or two to do the daytime stuff. Expensive but i dont see much choice.
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou32 14th July 2010, 9:27 am

I may be wrong but i thought there was some kind of law about flexible work when you have children? About not having childcare and they legally have to let you have up to a certain amount of time off for dependents? Maybe google flexible working with dependants and see what comes up? Good luck.
Lou.
Lou32
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 149

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 14th July 2010, 12:07 pm

parental leave. Thats a good point,

Its unpaid and youre entitled to a certain amount off per year, but they dont necessarily have to give it at the time you want I beleive.
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th July 2010, 3:19 pm

Sweetheart, there is no way you're going to manage with a 4 year old, a 2 year old and a 1 year old baby, it's going to be impossible and you will be putting yourself and your children at risk even considering being alone with them all being such a young and vulnerable age all day.

You will really tired post-op hun, you'll find yourself falling asleep at the drop of a hat, you'll be weak and uncomfortable, you won't be able to lift your baby at all.

You ARE going to need help sweetheart, for the first week at least, if your husband can't possibly help you, is there no other family or friends that would be able to help for the first week?
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 14th July 2010, 3:55 pm

Thank you all for your replies.
Cookie, i know your right so i sent a letter to the hospital this morning and just after i posted it a got a call from the surgeons secretary to call her. She then said that she never ment to call me (got mixed up) but she would put me through to the appointments office. The guy then told me that my surgeon is getting an op september so he was happy to book me in over the phone.

My Pre-op 25th August
MY OP - 6th September.

So i called my hubby right away who has requested 14days off starting 6th September will see what his work says, he might only get 7 or 8 but if he gets the full 14 is a bonus x
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th July 2010, 4:34 pm

Fingers crossed your hubby manages those dates babe. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by blyth1 14th July 2010, 5:44 pm

Thats great news your dates finally through. You won't know where the time will go. I booked my op mid June and now it's nearly a week away.

Congrats again!!

x
blyth1
blyth1
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down