Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surgery abroad

+19
Jaybles
Kazaa
ShootingStar
misf1
RoxyChick
CharlieB
dainty Lou
janeybird
Astrapuss
Jessica
melloumaw
nads
COOKIE
pinkbabe
Funkygirl
CJA2010
hattie260
natalia
Nikola99
23 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Surgery abroad - Page 2 Empty Re: Surgery abroad

Post by dainty Lou 8th July 2010, 10:23 am

Nikola99,these girls are really clued up about the whole thing,id advise you to really think this over. For an extra bit of money isnt it worth it to have peace of mind? Ive read through this and i was **naughty word** myself,so i hope you can consider everything the girls have researched.
I had a free consultation at Transform,wouldnt you consider doing that? x
dainty Lou
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by janeybird 8th July 2010, 11:16 am

Ive had a grrreat Transform experience Nikola :)

J x x
janeybird
janeybird
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 1256

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieB 8th July 2010, 11:30 am

melloumaw wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
nikola99,just been through the whole website and it doenst mention aftercare anywhere,it just mentions what is and isnt included in the price.it might be worth giving the company a call and double checking everything.
your basically gonna be paying roughly £2500 for a consultation,local anesthetic,implants,2-3 nights stay,tablets and dressings.
im not saying this to scare you but in the long term there doesnt seem to be that big a saving or much sway to choose this company.

there are many women who have had brilliant op's abroad and i hope im really wrong and you have all the correct info you need,aftercare,surgeons qualifications etc and that im rambling on for nothing lol
all the best
mel x

The price you have been quoted *includes* local anaesthetic BUT it says:
For surgeries performed under general anaesthetic we charge EUR 300 for the anaesthetic. And your BA operation is only performed under general, so that's an additional 300EUR! worth bearing in mind.

My husband is actually hungarian and we travel out there 3-4 times a year but never did I consider having an operation there, I find this topic very interesting and although it's not for me I think as long as it's researched well and you are 100% sure what is included etc...I think fair play to you!! Surgery abroad - Page 2 184153
CharlieB
CharlieB
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 846

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 8th July 2010, 3:17 pm

Hi Nikola,

I would strongly urge you to cancel your appointment. This company will leave you high and dry if yu suffer any complications. Their contract basically says you get no aftercare, not to mention the hidden cost of the GA (a BA cannot be carried out under a local no matter what they say. The only options are twilight surgery or sedation, or a GA)

The girls that have responded on here are spot on with everything they've said. I know it will be disappointing, but a little bit of disappointment is better than suffering a life-threatening complication then having to pay out another £3k to fix it.

xxx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 8th July 2010, 3:19 pm

I agree, it does not sound good and we all have your interests at heart Surgery abroad - Page 2 571992

For £3.5K you could get surgery here and when you add flights and hotel its not really that much cheaper abroad. I would advise you to have surgery here with a good aftercare plan x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by janeybird 8th July 2010, 3:51 pm

ooh Nikola If RoxyChick and nads are urging you to cancel that is not a good sign. Hope youre not too shocked when you sign in later :( its only cos we all care

J x x
janeybird
janeybird
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 1256

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 8th July 2010, 7:04 pm

Aw hun, I think everyone is right, maybe this particular company would not be good to use abroad, but there are some good ones, it sounds like it would be a good idea to keep researching. There are risks with all surgeries and you really need to know you are covered should anything unfortunate happen.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by melloumaw 8th July 2010, 7:10 pm

i really hope nikola logs back on.if not wishing you all the best for your op monday
mel x
melloumaw
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 577

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 8th July 2010, 7:28 pm

Me too mel, if not, I do hope everything goes smoothly for you on Monday and the surgery goes well. Take care hunny Hug

xxx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by melloumaw 8th July 2010, 7:32 pm

i sometimes wish i wasnt so nosey,i end up panicking for others lol
mel x
melloumaw
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola99 8th July 2010, 7:55 pm

Hi ladies oh Ive just logged on Thanks for all your supportive comments and I have immediately just emailed the doctor to ask if the implants are still being used?? I also asked about Aftercare thats very scary to no if anything goes wrong that back over here they would just remove them but that sounds like that could be the last of my worries if anything serious was to happen which also could,
In the price i was given for 2700 included General Anaesthetic, Support bra overnight stay in Hospital... my biggest issues are the implants now and aftercare I will need a quick response from them as I am totally thinking twice boarding the plane in the morning thanks gals for the Excellent advice xxxxxx
Nikola99
Nikola99
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by melloumaw 8th July 2010, 8:11 pm

hi nikola,i hope you get a fast response from the hospital honey,best of luck to you
mel x
melloumaw
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrapuss 8th July 2010, 8:14 pm

Hi Nikola,

Remember it's totally your decision, you don't have to go.

Surgery is a massive step to take and there really are risks involved, glad you took all the advice on board, the girls on here really know what they are talking about and some have suffered complications themselves.

Whatever your choice you will get great support on here.

Good Luck with whatever you decide. xx

Hug
Astrapuss
Astrapuss
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 425

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola99 8th July 2010, 8:20 pm

Sebbin Implants in what they use are these pips?? xxx
Nikola99
Nikola99
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola99 8th July 2010, 8:23 pm

I definitely have taken every ounce on board am very eager for her to Wb asap, Looked up about pips and they sound awful...... Definitely gonna wait for her reply tonight...Im just bit dizzy now better to no sooner than later!!!!

thanks so much huni's xx
Nikola99
Nikola99
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by melloumaw 8th July 2010, 8:26 pm

nikola there are 2 threads on sebbin on here if its any good,just type it into the search bar
mel x
melloumaw
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 8th July 2010, 8:35 pm

I think you're absolutely doing the right thing ensuring you are getting the best care available to you Nikola 'before' getting on that plane!

Just to offer some food for thought - I know of ladies having their surgery through clinics such as Transform and Mya for just £3,200, that's only £500 more than you're paying and with that, you will see see your surgeon free for up to a year post-op for your revision appointments and if you have any concerms about complications, you will also have in addition a 10 year after-care plan in place should you be unlucky and need revision surgery.

I know it's £500 more sweetness, but IMO, you're getting a much better deal!

Anyway, I'll say no more but to wish you luck with whatever decision you might take hunni. Surgery abroad - Page 2 571992
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola99 8th July 2010, 8:51 pm

Still waiting on reply from the company, Im defo not getting those pips in if they are using them still reading up on them,
the mores i think about it the more i think what a stupid compomise i decided on!!!

I will keep ya's posted xxxxx
Nikola99
Nikola99
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 8th July 2010, 9:00 pm

Good luck hunny, I do think you are doing the sensible thing by re-evaulating. If you even have a shred of doubt, it's not worth going through with. I think you have to be 100% sure. I don't think Sebbin implants are the same as PIPs but to be honest I'm not sure, not many women have had them on here. Perhaps they are confused with PIPs because they are also manufactured by a French company.

Good luck with whatever you decide, and whatever you decide there is a wealth of support here for you when you need it pre and post op.

xxxx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 8th July 2010, 9:02 pm

No, PIP implants are not the same as Sebbin, Sebbin are a budget implant used abroad, they are not used in the UK. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

Back to top Go down

Post by melloumaw 8th July 2010, 9:09 pm

the sebbins from what i've read come in bigger sizes than some implant manufacturers
mel x
melloumaw
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ShootingStar 8th July 2010, 9:35 pm

Ok here it is (in short)
I had surgery abroad and made the biggest mistake of my life, i was given PIP's not to mention followed by a haematoma post op(massive one) i was sent home with that after a failed attempt to squeeze the blood out of some holes he decided to make (whilst i was awake and screaming) upon returning home my scar re-opened to release the internal bleed which in return gave me an awful infection and caused me to have to return abroad to the surgeon (aka butcher!!) for him to remove the one implant whilst i was awake yet again!!
To top it off he sent me home with a gaping wound and then abandoned me with one boob and one disfigured mess, i have not heard from him since nor had my money back and nor am i covered to make a claim for negligence!
If you do go abroad then please please make sure you are covered in every way possible should something go wrong because even though alot of girls are ok, there are those of us who are not and it's a lottery that's really not worth playing i promise you.
(Oh and i am all fixed up now by a UK surgeon Surgery abroad - Page 2 184153 )
Good luck with your research hunni, hugs Surgery abroad - Page 2 571992 x x
ShootingStar
ShootingStar

Number of posts : 6917

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola99 9th July 2010, 8:42 am

ok So heres the info I just got back from the company im gonna copy and paste it into the box.....
'The implants are SEBIN or EUROSILICON, not the PIP. Dr Gacs will see you in September when we are in Dublin, and we will be there every 6 weeks',
'All the implants have at least 10 years of guarantee given by the manufacturer. So if they go wrong and it was not through accident then the cost is on them'.
You will have the possibility for the check-ups in Dublin but if there is any minor problems with for example scar healing, you will have to see your GP and get antibiotics. We don’t have a contract with any medical facilities in Ireland as the surgery is based in Budapest and is Hungarian, that is why we can offer the treatments on Hungarian prices. Same with the other foreign plastic surgery clinics. We have been operating this business on this basis for almost 5 years and it works. This is why we ask everyone to stay a given minimum days in Budapest as during that time the surgeon can monitor healing properly. You can expect your breasts to be quite swollen for a few weeks still when you return home. You will have to keep the surgeon’s order and avoid doing certain things in order not to compromise the good result. For example wear the sports bra day and night for weeks. Massage, etc. He will explain properly. Should there be any major complication due to the surgeon’s (did not happen yet), your corrective surgery would be free of charge but the travel costs have to be born by the patient. It is very important therefore in order for you to be happy with the result that during the consultation before surgery you make sure you are on agreement with the surgeon as to what size you want to be!'
So thats exactly what she said,
I feel a little more comfortable
But still could do with your advice
it seems the Website could be outdated
xxx
Nikola99
Nikola99
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 9th July 2010, 8:54 am

My advice: Stick to a UK surgeon and a UK company.
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaa 9th July 2010, 9:08 am

omg reading shootingstars story i would deffinetely not go ahead with surgery abroad!

I paid £4260 for my operation, and i wouldnt consider paying anything less to be honest. Its definitely the case of "you get what you pay for".

I didnt go through a company like mybreast or transform. I went through the baaps website and personally picked my surgeon and went through his own private company. I get everything the same as a company offers (aftercare etc) but I got to choose my surgeon, not someone on the other end of the phone picking for me! And for the price i paid is only £10 more than mybreast and i stayed overnight instead of a daycase!

Breast augmentation is still major surgery. Lets put it this way, would you go abroad to have open heart surgery?
Kazaa
Kazaa
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 201

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next