Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surgery in UK, living abroad

5 posters

Go down

Surgery in UK, living abroad Empty Surgery in UK, living abroad

Post by nellie 30th January 2011, 10:07 am

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone is in a similar situation as me and can offer any advice... I am originally from New Zealand but have been livng over here in the UK for 8 years. Im at the early stages of consultations etc, but Im very much convinced that I'll be going ahead with surgery one way or the other! One thing that makes me slightly nervous is that I am looking to return home to NZ at some stage this year. Surgery in the UK is much more advanced, and cheaper, than in NZ so I would prefer to have it done here, but am a bit concerned at the thought of being half way around the world from my surgeon and potentially having to fly back if there are any complications. Wouldnt be looking to go home till the end of the year, so would have at least six months here in the UK in case of any post op complications, but just wonderng whether anyone has been in a similar situation as me, and whether this posed any problems. Thanks x
nellie
nellie
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Surgery in UK, living abroad Empty Re: Surgery in UK, living abroad

Post by Tonic28 30th January 2011, 10:27 am

Hi and welcome :wavey:

I'm not in a simillar situation to you but I'm 19 mths PO. My boobies have been fine until very recently when I have noticed double bubble, mainly in my left breast.

I have an appointment with my PS soon but I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm proof that complications can arise after quite a while (June 09 mine was) and if you are then living back in NZ, it would mean returning back here to see your PS or having revision in NZ....

Of course, I probably am very unfortunate to have a compication don't think after this amount of time it is that common but it does and can happen.

Good luck with all your consultations......it is a lovely, exciting journey and so worth it all boobsign

xxxxxxx
Tonic28
Tonic28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 997

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 30th January 2011, 11:53 am

Aw hun, I know we all hope we wont get complications, but there is a chance of it. Most complications will show themselves early so can be resolved at the six month mark (most surgeons will make you wait 6 months for re ops) that would mean should you have a complication and need a re op, you would be having it just before you went home. The other thing to think about is further down the line. Everyones implants will have to be replaced at some stage, there are lifetime guarentee implants, but unfortunatly our skin does let us down eventually. Would you want to come back to the UK in 10-20 years (maybe more) or would you be ok to have the op at home.
Saying all that, I have had my op here in the UK and haven't had a complication and am very happy with my new boobs. I think it's a big decision for you to make. There is always an element of risk in everything we do. Just be prepared for everthing and then nothing will come unexpectedly.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Firefly 30th January 2011, 5:11 pm

Hi Nellie,

I live abroad ( not quite as far as NZ but still a plane trip away!) and still opted to have my BA at home in the UK for the same reasons as you ( and I also felt more comfortable doing my research on my PS in English). I left to fly back here 2 weeks after my op so I had to return to the UK for my 3 month check with my PS which is not something that you will have to do at least.

I was also concerned about not being close enough to my PS in case of complications but I think that if you do your research well and choose a surgeon who is well qualified and whom you trust and feel very comfortable with then you are a lot of the way there with this. Obviously no one can guarantee that all will be absolutely fine but having researched long and hard on this subject before going ahead myself, I think that if you are in the best hands that you can possibly be in in the first place, then that certainly helps with your recovery and the likelihood of complications.

I am just over 6 months now and even though I am a notorious worrier, I have to say that I haven’t felt any real need to see my PS again since my 3 month check ( I will see him again but just for my peace of mind and not because I have any real problems). If I did have any problems though I know he’d be happy to answer an email or see me so that is very reassuring.

So basically I’m saying that no one has a crystal ball but if you choose well and do everything you can to aid your own recovery then personally I wouldn’t see there being a problem with leaving the UK 6 months after having a BA.

Hope that helps a bit and all the best on your exciting journey….personally I just wish I’d done it sooner!

xx
Firefly
Firefly
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 30th January 2011, 5:24 pm

I echo what the other ladies have said hun, but would also like to suggest that if you could move you planned BA date forward to around March/April, this would give you an extra few months to get things sorted in the unlikely event of any possible complications and give you a little bit more peace of mind..
Just also wanted to add my good wishes, it's certain one of the best things I have ever done Hug
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post by nellie 6th February 2011, 5:29 pm

Thanks for the replies girls... I've had my first consultation now and the PS wasnt phased at all at the thought of me returning home six months after surgery. She was of the opinion that most complications occur within the first few months, so waiting six months would be fine. I think as Firefly mentions, if I do my homework beforehand and choose a reputable surgeon, this will minimise the risks in the first place. I know there isnt any certainty in life and there are always risks involved with surgery of this nautre... sometimes its just a matter of being brave and taking the plunge! Its just another factor for me to take into consideration, on top of the usual nerves!!! am seeing two more surgeons before deciding who to go with, so will see what their views are and will take it from there!!! thanks for your feedback tho. x
nellie
nellie
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down