Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surgery abroad

+19
Jaybles
Kazaa
ShootingStar
misf1
RoxyChick
CharlieB
dainty Lou
janeybird
Astrapuss
Jessica
melloumaw
nads
COOKIE
pinkbabe
Funkygirl
CJA2010
hattie260
natalia
Nikola99
23 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Surgery abroad Empty Surgery abroad

Post by Nikola99 6th July 2010, 7:40 am

Hi all I am just wondering if there has been many women who has had surgery abroad and how was the outcome? I am flying over to Budapest on Friday and having surgery on Monday, I am super excited but i suppose my risks are slightly higher, I have done my research its all above board and is done in an Hungarian hospital. I have met the surgeon and he showed me pics of his work which i have to say i was super impresses as i have tubular breasts, The price is of course what attracted me.... I think Im just getting the jitters now....
Nikola99
Nikola99
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Surgery abroad Empty Re: Surgery abroad

Post by natalia 6th July 2010, 11:39 am

i wouldnt risk it personally myself bcause the aftercare is what i look for most when i had my boobs done but good luck i hope it all goes well for u i really do xxxxxxxxxxxxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 6th July 2010, 7:25 pm

Hi hun,

I went to Prague for my surgery, I did a lot of research before I chose my surgeon and I knew practically everything there was to know about him. I had a very good experience out there and was looked after very well in a beautiful, spotless hospital and apartment. No matter how much research you do there are risks of complications with all surgery no matter where you have it done.

I have had a small complication in that my left muscle is holding the implant slightly higher than the right and I have quite strong muscle distortion in the left too. I am therefore going back to Prague next month for a revision op. My surgeon has been very good and offered me a re-op as soon as I said I was not happy (even though its only a slight difference). The company who I organised the surgery through are paying for my flight and accommodation etc. This is not always the case and it could have been costly if the company i used refused to pay for everything (which does happen).

The other issue is that you could suffer a complication such as infection soon after surgery and you would need to fly back out very quickly - although this is obviously a small risk.

I hope your surgery goes well it would be great to hear how you get on.
xx
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2121

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 6th July 2010, 7:29 pm

Oh I forgot to say that I spoke to my GP before i went to let her know what I was doing - she was very supportive and said she would of course look after me if there was a complication that needed immediate attention. I would always advise anyone considering surgery abroad to discuss this with their GP.
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CJA2010 6th July 2010, 7:34 pm

Hi Nikola -- I don't know anything about surgery abroad but I just wanted to wish you luck -- I hope all goes well for you on Monday. xx
CJA2010
CJA2010
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 378

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola99 6th July 2010, 8:38 pm

Thanks for the lovely wishes, I will definite be asking my surgeon what exactly will happen if there are any complications or if anything does not go exactly to plan! that's a great I always wondered if they the company which is PerfectContours.ie cover the cost of correction surgery if so? are all companys different of have they a legal obligation?

Also you mention you had your surgery in Prague how long did you stay before flying home after surgery? x
Nikola99
Nikola99
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 6th July 2010, 8:55 pm

As far as I am aware there is no legal obligation for any company to cover any costs if there is a complication - or even fix it if it goes wrong. It is therefore very important you find out the company's policy on this before you go hun. The company I went with said that they would cover all costs of any complication that occured within 2 yrs of the surgery taking place - their insurance actually covers these costs. All of this information was in the contract I signed - have you signed a contract yet?

I went to Prague on the Sunday, surgery on the Monday, and flew back on the Friday. they also said they would cover the costs of changing flight and further accommodation if i needed to stay any longer but I was fine to fly back.
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 6th July 2010, 8:58 pm

I had my op here in the UK, so don't have any experinece to share about having surgery abroad.

Just wanted to wish you good luck hun x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2196

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbabe 6th July 2010, 9:53 pm

I dont have any experience personally but my cousin had her BA abroad and has been fine. I think as long as you do your research you will be fine. Good luck! xx
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola99 7th July 2010, 8:18 am

Hi no haven't signed a contract yet, Probably be one when they receive payment which is on the the day, I've met the surgeon already over here in Ireland, he fly s over with his staff for consultation, I saw some before and after pics, and asked him 100 questions, the surgery is done in an Hungarian Hospital I will stay in Hungary 4 days after surgery in which i will have two post op check up before i go..
Did you need to go back for check-ups of did you send pics via email to keep in touch? that's brilliant they paid for flights, Did you save much in travelling to Prague?
Nikola99
Nikola99
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th July 2010, 8:23 am

What aftercare do you get Nikola?
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola99 7th July 2010, 1:47 pm

I haven't got any clue, although I haven't asked, what is to be expected of aftercare is there anything in particular that i should ask for?
Nikola99
Nikola99
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th July 2010, 2:25 pm

I strongly believe that alongside your choice of surgeon your after-care is just as important babe.

You need to know you are covered for a free re-op should you suffer a complication - With any surgery there are always risks and breast augmentation surgery is no exception - If you were to have no cover and no funds available to you to cover a re-op yourself, you could well find yourself at the mercy of the NHS here and all they will do to help you hunni is explant the implants and stitch you back up. You need to consider where all of your post-op check-ups will take place. When you make enquiries about your treatment, ask how complications would be handled and what would happen if you needed revision surgery after the original procedure. If there is a complication you need to consider how easily you can travel back to the hospital where you had your surgery and who will cover the accomodation costs, air fares will also need to be taken into consideration - so will your clinic be paying for accomodation, travel, hospital costs and your surgeons fees should you require a revision.

Sorry if that sounds scary hunni, but you do need be aware of the risks when having surgery abroad and although you may initially save money, in the long haul should you be unfortaunate to suffer a complication you could well find it much more expensive than you would have to have your surgery here in the UK with a good after-care policy in place.xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 7th July 2010, 5:21 pm

Cookie is right, aftercare is VERY important. Infections/ ruptures/double bubble etc can happen and its good to know you are covered
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by melloumaw 7th July 2010, 5:25 pm

hi nikola99 i have just been on the website you spoke of to try and find your aftercare details,it states that they use "PIPS"
i would double check honey as you really do not want these
mel x
melloumaw
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 577

Back to top Go down

Post by melloumaw 7th July 2010, 5:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
melloumaw
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by melloumaw 7th July 2010, 8:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
nikola99,just been through the whole website and it doenst mention aftercare anywhere,it just mentions what is and isnt included in the price.it might be worth giving the company a call and double checking everything.
your basically gonna be paying roughly £2500 for a consultation,local anesthetic,implants,2-3 nights stay,tablets and dressings.
im not saying this to scare you but in the long term there doesnt seem to be that big a saving or much sway to choose this company.

there are many women who have had brilliant op's abroad and i hope im really wrong and you have all the correct info you need,aftercare,surgeons qualifications etc and that im rambling on for nothing lol
all the best
mel x
melloumaw
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th July 2010, 8:12 pm

melloumaw wrote:hi nikola99 i have just been on the website you spoke of to try and find your aftercare details,it states that they use "PIPS"
i would double check honey as you really do not want these
mel x

PIPs are no longer in production and all the PIPs that were left were recalled, so they should definately NOT be using PIP implants Nikola - If you do decide to press ahead you should find out what implant they will be using to replace the PIPs and then research the make to ensure they're 'safe' hun!

You should also be aware from that website that there is no indication of any aftercare hunni and basically, if you stay in Budapest they'll remove your stitches 2 weeks post op and that's it, if you return back to the UK, you're left to our NHS to finish the job for them and remove your stitches hun - There was no other mention of any further follow up appointments so I guess after you've had the original surgery you're on your own. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th July 2010, 8:20 pm

melloumaw wrote:,local anesthetic

Local anaesthetic!!! Surgery abroad Icon_eek You do know you'll be wide awake with this surgery don't you Nikola? Surgery abroad Icon_pale
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 7th July 2010, 8:49 pm

OK Local anaesthetic?!?!? I've never heard of a breast augmentation being carried out under local hunny - to be completely honest if I knew my op would be performed whilst I was completely awake I would run a mile! Three things about this company are worrying me.

1) There is no mention of their aftercare policy on their website, leads me to think they don't actually have one. On their "prices include" page, they should have there that a comprehensive aftercare package is included in the price as per the main UK surgery companies. E.G: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2) They are either still using PIP implants illegally or they can't be bothered to update their website with the replacement implants that they are now using which is worrying also either way you look at it.

3) The local anaesthetic thing. Either you are going to be awake but numbed when they do your op, or they are going to sting you with extra charges to administer a general anaesthetic and that price begins not to look so attractive.

I'm sorry if this sounds scary, I just want you to be 100% aware of all the risks before going for your op. You say you haven't paid yet, so there is still a chance to evaluate these risks before going ahead with the surgery. If you do decide to go ahead, I would advise you to make sure you pin them down on their aftercare policy before any money changes hands, make sure you know how they are going to anesthetize you and what implants they will be using.

Good luck, I do hope things go OK for you. xxx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 7th July 2010, 10:37 pm

I looked last night sweetie and they do talk about the 'what ifs' in the 'terms and conditions' part of their website, hun PLEASE READ THIS before you pay any money and make the decision to go because their Ts&Cs sate that they have no responsibility if anything goes wrong.

I think it will be GA however I think it is a hidden cost - have they given you a quote including EVERYTHING you will need as they are not clear on the website about the total cost - its looks to me like you would not actually be saving that much by going abroad and you may as well save a little more and have it done here.

I did have mine abroad and i did save a bit of money. The main reason I went where i went was because i could get a renound top plastic and reconstructive surgeon with a good aftercare policy and the top quality implants. If i had done it in the UK i could not have afforded all of this - for what i got would have cost double here. BUT I spent 2 years researching then chose the surgeon i wanted and found the company after I chose my surgeon. I was sent the contract and all information, Ts&Cs before I handed over any money and was given as much time as i needed to sign the contract - and ask any questions. Within the Ts &Cs was their aftercare policy which clearly stated what is covered and what they will be responsible for if any complication occurs. I know it is close and you are excited but please think carefully about these terms they have on their website - they are basically saying if there is a complcation they wash their hands of any responsibility and you have to sort it out directly with the surgeon. None of us want to disappoint you hun, we are all here to support you whether you go ahead with it or not. xx
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 7th July 2010, 10:52 pm

It is the "client obligation" and "liabilities" parts of the link that I am referring to hun x
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrapuss 8th July 2010, 7:56 am

Hi Nikola'

I really think you are taking a risk with this company.

Seriously, aftercare is SO important.

Please have a read of the 'Complications & Revision Surgery' section on here.

I'm not trying to worry you or upset you, and I know you have your heart set on getting your boobies done.
I would at least postpone your trip until you have done more research. Why not go for a free consult with one of the British Companies, they may cost more but this is such an important decision and not to be taken lightly.

Give You
Astrapuss
Astrapuss
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 425

Back to top Go down

Post by janeybird 8th July 2010, 9:47 am

Oh Nikola,

I am worried for you too
I think you should rethink and have in this country. A friend of mine did have hers in Malaysia and had a great experience (it was FREE though as part of a TV show and that is the only reason she went abroad) but from the research all the lovely ladies have done for you this company sound scary and that combined with being in a foreign company scares me, for you.

But your decision at the end of the day babe
Good luck, let us know what you decide

J x x
janeybird
janeybird
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 1256

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 8th July 2010, 10:07 am

Also hunny, you can really negotiate with the UK companies nowadays and get their prices right down, they're all desperate for your business, some people on here have had some amazing 0% finance deals, played companies against each other and got major discounts. I paid £1750 more than what you will be paying (less than that if they add the cost of a general anesthetic to what you will be paying) but got a lot more for the money in terms of aftercare, which in my opinion is priceless anyway. I don't think you can put a price on peace of mind.

I think if you are going to do it abroad, a lot of research should be done beforehand and you should be 100% sure of everything and please forgive me if I overstep the mark here, but it seems to me you are unsure of what will happen, what's included etc. Also I just read in the terms and conditions on their website under clients responsibility that you as the client are responsible for any extra charges if for any reason the operation does not go to plan and you have to stay in hospital for longer? A couple of ladies on this forum have had to do so when having surgery and this has been paid for by the company.

I'm only saying this because the last thing I want for you is for you to suffer a complication and be completely at the mercy of the NHS. They will not sort it out for you, they will take the implants out and you will be back at square one and will have lost a lot of money. Aftercare is SO important and this company seems to have covered every angle against helping you if even one tiny thing were to go wrong,

I am worried for you, as hattie says, I'm not trying to disappoint you because we all know the feeling of excitement right before having the op and how excited you must be, I just would feel awful if I didn't say anything to make you aware of this before you went ahead.

Jess xx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next