Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PIPs - What should I do?

+9
melloumaw
Tiara
Funkygirl
kay
natalia
RoxyChick
COOKIE
nads
kizzymissymoo
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

PIPs - What should I do? Empty Re: PIPs - What should I do?

Post by kizzymissymoo 22nd June 2010, 4:43 pm

Please does anyone know what I should do, I have just found out I have pips, I got a bank loan which is taking me 7 yrs to pay back, so they wont let me have another. I have no savings and no work as I am now disabled, and I heard that the nhs will only take them out but wont replace them! I had VERY large ones so as you can imagine I would look awful with out a replacement! Please help, I am sooo scared! x
kizzymissymoo
kizzymissymoo
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 22nd June 2010, 4:58 pm

kizzymissymoo wrote:Please does anyone know what I should do, I have just found out I have pips, I got a bank loan which is taking me 7 yrs to pay back, so they wont let me have another. I have no savings and no work as I am now disabled, and I heard that the nhs will only take them out but wont replace them! I had VERY large ones so as you can imagine I would look awful with out a replacement! Please help, I am sooo scared! x
Hi Sarah, welcome to the forum. Sorry you're going through this, there are many girls with PIPs on this forum who are going through similar to you. Have you gone back to your clinic to see if they will replace them, because they should x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd June 2010, 5:24 pm

kizzymissymoo wrote:Please does anyone know what I should do, I have just found out I have pips, I got a bank loan which is taking me 7 yrs to pay back, so they wont let me have another. I have no savings and no work as I am now disabled, and I heard that the nhs will only take them out but wont replace them! I had VERY large ones so as you can imagine I would look awful with out a replacement! Please help, I am sooo scared! x

Hey hun, I'm very much doubting the clinics will just change the implants, they should, but I seriously doubt they will without evidence of a rupture or your willingness to pay for a re-op, I know that's going to be really heard to read knowing how much you just want them out now and your current financial position, but unless the contents of the PIPs are found to have any health risk, the chances of them replacing all PIPs will be slim hun.

This comes from the latest information from The British Associasion of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons -

The BAAPS, the not-for-profit organisation established for the
advancement of education and practice of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery for
public benefit, today issues new safety recommendations to the UK public
such as a call for all women who have PIP implants to undergo an
ultrasound scan in the next six months, to determine whether there is
any rupture or weakening.

Print off this page in this link HERE hun, make an appointment with The Hospital Group and request that they change your PIP implants to ones that have been approved by the MHRA, if they refuse saying your implants are safe, then show them the page and demand an ultrasound, preferably a MRI scan but the page just recommends an ultrasound, demand you're scanned at their expense for possible ruptures or weakening of your implants hun. xxx

Good luck sweetheart. xx

Last edited by cookie on 22nd June 2010, 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 22nd June 2010, 7:18 pm

I would also suggest contacting a medical negligence solicitor to make them aware you may need legal advice should you need to fight THG for a re-op.

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by kizzymissymoo 22nd June 2010, 10:16 pm

Thank you all for your replys. THG has said they will only replace if they r ruptured but I only get the replacement free I have to pay for the suregeon and op, but even if I did have the money how could I trust them again. I have been to see my GP and he is aranging a scan. Does anyone know wether the NHS will replace them under special circumstances? Also even if they are ok at the moment it is only a matter of time, I have been told that the rupture rate is really high, thats why they were investigated in the first place... so basicly I am just a ticking bomb! God this is a nightmare! xxx
kizzymissymoo
kizzymissymoo
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 23rd June 2010, 6:44 am

kizzymissymoo wrote:THG has said they will only replace if they r ruptured but I only get the replacement free I have to pay for the suregeon and op,

Is that because you're outside your aftercare policy hun? how far along post-op are you?

but even if I did have the money how could I trust them again.

If you do end up having to fund the re-op yourself, you don't have to return to THG if you'd prefer to go elsewhere, most places will replace the PIPs implants for free for you babe.

I have been to see my GP and he is aranging a scan.

That's good news babe.

Does anyone know wether the NHS will replace them under special circumstances?

The NHS will not under any circumstance replace the implants hun, they will only explant the implants, clean the capsule if necessary and stitch you back up babe. They will do what is necessary to ensure your health is not at risk.

Also even if they are ok at the moment it is only a matter of time, I have been told that the rupture rate is really high, thats why they were investigated in the first place... so basicly I am just a ticking bomb! God this is a nightmare! xxx

PIPs - What should I do? 571992

Yes, they do have a high rupture rate babe and if it's at all possible for you replace them, then you should hun. If not, it would be advisable for you to have yearly scans to ensure the PIPs have not ruptured.

Roxy made a good suggestion about contacting a solicitor hun, that's a very good idea and maybe they can suggest further advice that we aren't aware of that may be helpful to you. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 23rd June 2010, 8:15 am

i hope u get it sorted out i think its awful what u are going through bcause of them xxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by kizzymissymoo 23rd June 2010, 6:19 pm

Thank you all very much, its good to have someone to talk to, I will wait for my scan and in the meantime contact a solicitor. All of your breasts look lovely, I must get a pic of mine on here. I will let you know how things go with the can and solicitor. Thanks again for being so understanding, the people I know would just never understand what I am going through. xxx
kizzymissymoo
kizzymissymoo
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 23rd June 2010, 7:04 pm

Aw hun xx feel for you xx My friend just found out she has Pips too xx feel for you and sending you PIPs - What should I do? 571992

Welcome to the forum by the way PIPs - What should I do? 463481
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 23rd June 2010, 7:35 pm

PIPs - What should I do? 368291 and welcome to the forum lovely. You have been given some great advice and booking in for a scan is a step in the right direction, I feel for you hun I really do, but keep positive and don't give up, big hug PIPs - What should I do? 571992

x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2196

Back to top Go down

Post by kizzymissymoo 23rd June 2010, 10:26 pm

Thank you both for being so kind, and give your friend my love, its so horrible all this mess, but at least I have some nice people to talk to who really understand. xxx Give You
kizzymissymoo
kizzymissymoo
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 24th June 2010, 7:43 am

when did u have them done kissymisso?my friend is having her pips taken put with the hospital group and replaced with diff safe ones
i know harley and hospital group are bad with their aftercare but shes getting hers sorted so im sure u will evetually xxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kizzymissymoo 24th June 2010, 9:11 am

Hi Natalia, I had them done 4th March 09, they said they would replace, but have been told I would have to pay for the surgery and only get the implant free, I will have to re check that. Am not sure if I can trust them even if they do it all for free...I mean they have lied so much that if I am getting it for free whats to stop them putting pips back in, I mean even with the new card to say I have Allergan ones, who would really know for sure?! This is a really hard one, I would have to take the risk with them if its free as I have no money and can not stand the thought of being left with nothing as I went up to many sizes, I would look awfull. disappoint
kizzymissymoo
kizzymissymoo
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th June 2010, 9:28 am

They wouldn't be able to replace with PIPs hun as they are no longer in production.

I've just been looking over THG aftercare policy, it states that you have lifetime aftercare and offers Revision surgery where clinically indicated at no extra cost.

If you were to take a firm diagnosis of a ruptured implant to THG they
would then be obliged according to their aftercare policy to offer you a
free re-op hun, inclusive of replacement implants, theatre costs,
hospital care costs and surgeon. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 24th June 2010, 10:25 am

cookie my friends is having hers replaced but not with pips and she had pips and went with hospital group she had hers year ago to kizzy dont think she paying for the surgery aftercare is so **naughty word** dont know why we pay for it
xxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiara 24th June 2010, 11:33 am

Hi kizzy,

Wow I really feel for you babe. I never even knew about PIPS until this site... The advice on her is stellar. (Anyone else think that cookie is a superhero of, breasts? lol Wonderwoman! Love her chat) Hope THG replace them without cost to you. I may be wrong... but in my years of window shopping for BA I always found they're aftercare to be best. At least on paper anyways. Transform told me on the phone I would have a lifetime guarantee but when I went into meet the co-ordinator she said only 3 years is... Anyways I digress! Good luck! Keep chatting on here - I want to hear all about your progress xxx
Tiara
Tiara
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 24th June 2010, 11:38 am

omg the hospital group are terribil u have been sued so many times for butchering women with boob jobs aftercare is something u get not what u read on paper but u right bout cookie shes great on advice and she finds out things i never even would know wheir to look xxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiara 24th June 2010, 12:10 pm

Really? Oooh... I think I'm into them so much because I've been "sold" by their Natrelle implants and the variety they offer. I want a non round look, teardrop implant and theirs look fab. Glad I read about PIPS and what you said natalia - surgery is serious. I'm easily seduced by marketing... :) xxx
Tiara
Tiara
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 24th June 2010, 3:23 pm

i think we can be mislead by advertising tara i have been in the past i had consult with them to and surgeon was 2 hours late and then he looked uncomfatable with my bfriend being their so i was well and trully put off by that b4 i even read all the bad reports on them xxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th June 2010, 4:38 pm

Tiara wrote: (Anyone else think that cookie is a superhero of, breasts? lol Wonderwoman! Love her chat)

natalia wrote:u right bout cookie shes great on advice and she finds out things i never even would know wheir to look xxx

Awww thank you - I'm a bit of a boobie geek I'm afraid LOL PIPs - What should I do? 375568 no Wonderwomaness about me, 'cept maybe my boobies! haha. I just read lots. PIPs - What should I do? 184153
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kizzymissymoo 24th June 2010, 7:43 pm

Just had a look, at that...was so happy for a minute untill I read I would not be covered if I breastfed, which I have also it states this is for the Natrelle and CUI implants. Just another dead end, thank you so much for trying though, thats really kind. xxx sad smile
kizzymissymoo
kizzymissymoo
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th June 2010, 7:49 pm

kizzymissymoo wrote:Just had a look, at that...was so happy for a minute untill I read I would not be covered if I breastfed, which I have also it states this is for the Natrelle and CUI implants. Just another dead end, thank you so much for trying though, thats really kind. xxx sad smile

You would be covered if your implants have ruptured hun because the PIPs would have been covered for a specified amount of time and the lifetime aftercare was offered when you had your op yeah? so the only thing to have changed since you had your op would be that THG are now using Allergan instead of PIPs. You will be covered hun and breast feeding does not cause ruptures so that should not be a problem..

If your implants have ruptured you should get a free re-op if you give them a firm diagnosis from your GP/consultant/surgeon. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kizzymissymoo 24th June 2010, 9:28 pm

But I did not have lifetime aftercare, it is something they are offering NOW, and it states that it does not apply to ageing weight gain, or breast feeding...but I dont quite understand that bit as they told me breastfeeding would not affect them? But it did say in the link you sent me that this was the case??? I dont understand, feels like I am going around in circles, cant even think straight. You have been great. I hope your right and I have just read it wrong, would you mind re-reading the bit about when you would not be covererd? Thank you. xxx
kizzymissymoo
kizzymissymoo
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th June 2010, 9:39 pm

Revision without clinical indication (e.g. wish you'd gone for a larger
size implant)
what this means is that you wouldn't be able to claim unless you had a 'clinical diagnosis' a rupture would be a clinical diagnosis hun.

Further changes due to the natural ageing process (e.g. putting weight
on, breast feeding, ageing)

This does not apply to you having a ruptured implant, this means that if your breasts sagged you wouldn't be able to claim on your aftercare policy for these reasons specified.

Capsular contracture and implant cover for CUI / Natrelle implants
beyond the stated period (see above)

And of course your implants come with their own warranty, your PIPs would have been guaranteed for a specified period which would have been stated at the time of your op hun.

How long were you told your aftercare would run for?
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kizzymissymoo 25th June 2010, 8:41 am

Thank you Cookie, that makes sense now. You are gonna think I am such an air head but I honestly cant remember, my only excuse was that I was soo desperate for them and I have had a baby since, lol! I have a sort of recpiet that says 3yr something but I can not read her writing so I am not sure, prehaps I will try ringing them again today. I hope the rest of you ladies are well and enjoying this beautiful sun. xxx thank you
kizzymissymoo
kizzymissymoo
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next