Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unders are bad?!

+7
emma4
mizzpink23
mandy_moo
natalia
bumblebabe
COOKIE
Hshaw1
11 posters

Go down

Unders are bad?! Empty Unders are bad?!

Post by Hshaw1 15th June 2010, 9:14 am

Had a phone call this morning from a friend, chatting about her ba and mine to come, we came across the topic of unders or overs?!
I have booked to have 365cc unders in 7 weeks time, and she has told me that I should go and get a second opinion, as someone she knows hates her boobs because she had unders and they don't move and look like their stuck on. She then went on to tell me that they are still the same after 2 years.
Help! I was so excited and pleased with my surgeon,
is this true? Your opinions would be really appreciated!

Much love x
Hshaw1
Hshaw1
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Unders are bad?! Empty Re: Unders are bad?!

Post by COOKIE 15th June 2010, 9:33 am

There are risks of complications that could develop from either placement H and neither is better than the other if the right choice is made but it's always best to take the advice from your surgeon, there is no right or wrong, the best placement for YOU is the one that best suits your needs, if you have been recommended that you have unders it's probably due to you have very little breast tissue hun, if you had overs with very little breast tissue the implant would be very visible through the skin and be the wrong placement for you hun. Given the right placement a very natural result can be achieved from either unders or overs xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebabe 15th June 2010, 9:36 am

i think if you are really bothered about it get a second opinion,
loads of us girls on here have had unders and are very pleased with them,

your surgeon would of suggested what was right for your shape and size and breast tissue,
bumblebabe
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 694

Back to top Go down

Post by Hshaw1 15th June 2010, 9:40 am

I trust my surgeon, he thinks unders are right for me then I'm happy, just a little concerned about them not looking natural, not moving etc.? X
Hshaw1
Hshaw1
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 15th June 2010, 9:45 am

u cant have overs if u dont have enough breast tissue lots of girls have unders and they look fab overs will look stuck on if u dont have enough breast tissue my friend had unders and hers look fab i really think u should talk to your surgeon again to put your mind at ease xxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy_moo 15th June 2010, 10:08 am

i had unders and i'm so glad i did. i had overs first time round, and due to the stupidity of my surgeon then, they ruptured bcos i didnt have enough breast tissue to cover them.....i later found out that he only did overs bcos its an easier op...but this was years ago

anyway.....listen to your surgeon hun....he'll have advised unders for a reason.i had mine done 9wks ago, and already they look great!!
mandy_moo
mandy_moo
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 175

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzpink23 15th June 2010, 11:31 am

i have unders too and i love my boobies, there will always be someone or something that will make you have doubts but your surgeon knows what placement is best for you x
mizzpink23
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2048

Back to top Go down

Post by Hshaw1 15th June 2010, 11:34 am

thank you, i feel better about it now, i have my pre op appoinment today so, much more positive x x
Hshaw1
Hshaw1
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by emma4 15th June 2010, 12:08 pm

Hiya H,

I just wanted to say i have unders because i had very tiny amount of breast tissue, i am very happy with my result and mine do look very natural :) ppl that dont know ive had them done think they r real :).
Good luck btw x
emma4
emma4
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 15th June 2010, 3:13 pm

I have seen some fab results with unders just as I have with overs, as long as you are recc the correct placement for YOU, i'm sure you will get the look and size your after. Neirther placement is better than the other, it's what's suitable for you and only your ps is qualified to make that decision.

It is all down to the individual and if there isn't enough breast tissue to cover the implant, unders will be recc. Trust your ps hun, they are the experts after all.

There's no harm in getting a second or even a third opinion, I saw 3 surgeons before I made my choice.

Good luck! x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2196

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 16th June 2010, 3:59 pm

Overs are an easier op to do as there's not trauma to the muscle inolved, so for your surgeon to reccommend unders it means you're going to get the best result with them.

However there is a chance of getting distortion with unders (it mainly occurs with full unders rather than partials, but can occur with partials too) which is the muscle making the implant 'jump' when you tense your muscles

Not to scare you at all, but it's best to have all the information before you have surgery! Ask your surgeon why he's recommended unders and if there's any chance of having overs.

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 16th June 2010, 5:23 pm

I'm sure your surgeon would not recomend unders unless he thought you would get a good result with them, there can be complications with any placement so it's best as roxy said to have all the information so that you can make an informed decision. It's also a good idea to check what kind of aftercare you company gives, just in case there are any complications so that you know you are covered.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy_bunn1e 16th June 2010, 8:45 pm

i think i have that Roxy, as i noticed at work when I wash my hands, pressing them together like pal to palm, my implants move from side to side, like a jumping motion
fluffy_bunn1e
fluffy_bunn1e
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2697

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down