Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Type of Implant - Under or over - NHS

5 posters

Go down

Type of Implant  - Under or over  - NHS Empty Type of Implant - Under or over - NHS

Post by Leighann82 12th June 2010, 10:08 am

For anybody that has aleady had the procedure on the NHS, did you get a choice of what type of implant you would like, I know sizing is usually made by them but is this the case with the type of implant they use? Also, did you get to choose whether you had it under or over the muscle? I know many NHS case are preformed under as there is little breast tissue, but if they think you have enough to do over but would prefer it under would they agree to this.

Sorry for all the questions, i'm just trying to get as much info as possible. Type of Implant  - Under or over  - NHS 476424
Leighann82
Leighann82
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Type of Implant  - Under or over  - NHS Empty Re: Type of Implant - Under or over - NHS

Post by pipple 12th June 2010, 1:24 pm

No the doc decided everything. But I trusted him to make the best decision.

Don't worry about the questions wish I'd have found this place before my op.
pipple
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Type of Implant  - Under or over  - NHS Empty Re: Type of Implant - Under or over - NHS

Post by Leighann82 12th June 2010, 1:41 pm

Thanks pipple. Did they use saline or silicone when you had your BA. DO you mind if I ask what size you were before and after?

Thanks xx
Leighann82
Leighann82
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BoobiePrize 12th June 2010, 3:10 pm

I think the NHS use Nagor implants, as far as I'm aware their silicone. Scilicone is widely used in the UK, I've not heard of anyone in my time researching with saline implants in the UK, saline is mostly popular in the US. You probably already know this... do you have a preference of one over the other?
BoobiePrize
BoobiePrize
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3231

Back to top Go down

Post by Leighann82 12th June 2010, 5:08 pm

Thanks for the reply. I can't make my mind up if im honest.

The saline ones worry me because they are filled through a valve and then just pulled out when full, and I know they meet standards but im worried because of the method used the life expentancy or the chance of rupture would be easier. I havent heard of people having problems but you never know. And I heard with silicone even if they rupture because of the gel texture it wouldnt be as noticable as with saline.

There just so much I'm learning about, just hard to knows what best. Type of Implant  - Under or over  - NHS Icon_rolleyes
Leighann82
Leighann82
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by debiegreen1987 12th June 2010, 6:27 pm

hiya i had nagor implants,34b pre opp, im only 8 days post opp now and im in a 36d bra which is a little big, i had overs and mini uplift 160 in left 220 in right i didnt get to choose anything at all but im still very happy and greatfull with them , hope this helps x
debiegreen1987
debiegreen1987
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 121

Back to top Go down

Post by Leighann82 12th June 2010, 6:35 pm

Thanks Debie, thats a great help. It's hard because I've not actually spoke to anybody about it I was just put on the list and waiting is the worst. I guess I will feel better once I have my pre op consultation.

Glad yours BA went well and you are happy with the results. x x
Leighann82
Leighann82
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by debiegreen1987 12th June 2010, 6:38 pm

thank you, the time will fly by it did with me, from the day i got told i was being put on the waiting list i got my date 2 weeks later and had the opp 5 weeks after that, its the best news finding out, when did they put you on the list?x
debiegreen1987
debiegreen1987
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Leighann82 12th June 2010, 6:59 pm

I was put on the list on the 26th April, so its been about 7 weeks so far. When I spoke to the receptionist she said the 18th week cut off which is when I think they have to have it done for is 30th August, but I havent been allocated a date so far. xx
Leighann82
Leighann82
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by debiegreen1987 12th June 2010, 7:04 pm

yeah they told me about the 18 wk rule too, dont worry you'v done 7 wk it wont be long now x
debiegreen1987
debiegreen1987
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 13th June 2010, 11:51 am

I got a choice of implant size from my surgeon. However he is not sure if he can use that exact size but will try and get something close. I will have a sillicon implant in my left (larger breast) and i will have a tissue expander in my right. Once the saline expander is the same volume as the left they are taking it out and replacing it will a sillicon one. It does mean two ops aswell.

I was told i have enough tissue to go over but as he is using the expander and to reduce the risk of capsular contraption he is putting mine under the muscle.

I am in Soctland so things are so different up here. We have a 15week cut off datem which would being me to the first week in september x
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down