Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confused about implant type!!

+3
misf1
Jennifer2011
stokesy88
7 posters

Go down

Confused about implant type!! Empty Confused about implant type!!

Post by stokesy88 23rd April 2011, 7:38 pm

Hey all!
I have been doing lots (and lots and lots!) of research on all different types of implants, when I saw my surgeon last week he recommended saline as he said they look more natural when moving and stuff. After looking at loads of different sites im so confused as to whether i do want saline or silicone?! Im seeing my surgeon again in a few weeks so I know he'll be able to answer any more questions then, but I'd like to have a bit more of an idea before! Can anyone tell me which they have / prefer and why?
Thank you!! xxx
stokesy88
stokesy88
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 475

Back to top Go down

Confused about implant type!! Empty Re: Confused about implant type!!

Post by Jennifer2011 23rd April 2011, 8:08 pm

Hi :)
I'm no expert, though have heard from girls who have saline implants that their boobs feel like bags of water, also that they tend to ripple more than with silicone implants.
I'm opting for silicone as they have a more natural feel.
I hope this helps, good luck with your decision!
Jen x
Jennifer2011
Jennifer2011
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 275

Back to top Go down

Post by stokesy88 23rd April 2011, 8:11 pm

That's exactly what i've heard too, ive got to have partials anyway i think because I have such a lack of breast tissue as it is, so I thinking silicone is the better option!

Thank you! xx
stokesy88
stokesy88
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer2011 23rd April 2011, 8:13 pm

No problem!
Same here, I'm going for unders as I have no boobs at the minute! lol
Jen Xx
Jennifer2011
Jennifer2011
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 275

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 24th April 2011, 10:56 am

I'm sorry hun, I dont know very much about saline, I always thought they were a safe option in terms of rupture as it's only salt water and absorbed easily by the body. But think they may have a higher rupture rate? If you aren't happy with the saline option, it may be worth having a few consultations with different surgeons, see what they put forward as the best option.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly2 24th April 2011, 11:09 am

I heard that as well Misf that the rate of rupture is higher, I also heard the ripple more. I guess it would feel pretty similar to a water bed shrug .

I think you should see some more surgeons hun xxxx
butterfly2
butterfly2
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 881

http://I'll do an instruction or find one if I can.  As for writ

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th April 2011, 1:59 pm

I don't actually think I've heard of a single surgeon in the UK offering Saline??? Definately a first for me!

I dunno where he got the more natural thing from either as it's common knowledge that a silicone implant will give you a more natural look and feel, it's an option definately if silicone is a problem for you, but if it isn't sweetness I'd go for the siicone and research which of those you'd prefer... Just my opinion though the choice is yours, I also wouldn't settle for just 1 consultation before deciding hunni, go for maybe 1 or 2 more so you at least have a couple of surgery plans to compare as well as choosing the surgeon you're most comfortable with.

Who was the surgeon suggesting the Saline hun and which Clinic?
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by stokesy88 24th April 2011, 2:10 pm

Hmm maybe it wasnt saline then?! He was talking about saline and it being natural, but he showed me a tub of the silicone gel too? He showed me loads of different implants and was a bit confusing, as it was only a mini-consultation i was told he wouldnt be able to give me alot of information, which is why i booked my full consultation with him for a few weeks time! I didnt realise how confusing it would all be! I had my consultation at the Nuffield. Lol im doubting myself now! xxx
stokesy88
stokesy88
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th April 2011, 2:19 pm

A mini consultation, and was told you wouldn't get a lot of info?!!! Shocked How bloody rude!!

I'm actually shocked by that sweetness, I know some ladies feel rushed during a consultation and come away like yourself, very confused and not really knowing what they were offered and that's bad enough!!! But to actually be told you were going to have 'a mini consultation and that you wont get a lot of info is downright disgusting!

Who is the surgeon sweetness?

You be sure to have more than this one consultation wont you hunni, that's no way to be treated at all. Your surgeon should have time for you, you're going to be paying one hell of a lot of money for his expert advice and surgery and you deserve to have his FULL ATTENTION AND TIME! make sure you get it sweetness and don't be pushed to make any decisions, take your time and give yourself time to digest the surgery plan offered and be sure you're 100% happy BEFORE you book anything babe. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stokesy88 24th April 2011, 2:24 pm

It was at this open evening event for cosmetic surgery, i think its more of a promotion thing for the hospital and thats where they want to sell it. but i dont need the op selling to me because i already know i want it done! Ive got my full consultation in may and I think he said he would want to see me again before my op if i was going ahead with it. My surgeon is mr ramakrishnan, hes got fantastic write ups and is very well known for breast and reconstructive surgery so im not worried about him actually doing the op. I think i should take some paper and a pen with me next time and write everything down, i have a terrible memory! My mums coming with me everytime and her friend is a cosmetic surgeon and told her everything the surgeon should say/do so im glad shes there! xxx
stokesy88
stokesy88
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th April 2011, 2:29 pm

ahhhhhh I hadn't realised it was an 'open evening'. I was just about to roll me sleeves up and hunt him down! Hysterical

If you look to the top right column of the foum, you'll find a 'consultation notebook' it's fab to help you asking all the questions you might never have thought of and you can add more if you think of anything else... it's agreat help hun and definately worth looking at.

Good luck with the consultation babe, I hope it goes well for you. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stokesy88 24th April 2011, 2:32 pm

Haha I already copied the consulation notebook thing and have typed a whole list of questions i had (and hadnt) thought of! Im so glad i found this site though, im less confused now than i was before! And know that I can ask anything and someone is always here to help me! Thank you!! xxx
stokesy88
stokesy88
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th April 2011, 2:40 pm

Its an amazing site sweetness, helped me right though my surgery and I'm still here more than a year later - Best boobie site on the net! :good: xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ramu13 24th April 2011, 3:49 pm

hi cookie may u remove the mobile no i put online ,u are a great girl .thanks
ramu13
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th April 2011, 4:01 pm

ramu13 wrote:hi cookie may u remove the mobile no i put online ,u are a great girl .thanks

No worries sweetie, I'll do it for you now :good: xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by candycain 24th April 2011, 4:27 pm

I went for cohesive gel silicone. When you cut them open they don't leak. My sister got saline and she has had 2 ruptures! The warrenty is up now and she is walking around with one deflated boob because she can't afford to fix it. When saline ruptures the implant deflates right away. She said she would go silicone next time around. Not everyone has these kinds of problems though.
candycain
candycain
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 297

Back to top Go down

Post by stokesy88 24th April 2011, 6:04 pm

After doing lots of research im pretty sure im going to go for silicone! Just need to decide how big i want to be. Candycain, what size are you hoping for once your implants have settled? Did your op go ok and everything? xx
stokesy88
stokesy88
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down