Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overs ladies

+7
lucy86
zoeb
misf1
Astrapuss
COOKIE
Jessica
BoobiePrize
11 posters

Go down

Overs ladies Empty Overs ladies

Post by BoobiePrize 31st May 2010, 10:06 am

I have a back fastening sports bra and wanted to wait until after my op to see if I needed a front fastening one but thought I'd ask you overs girls what you think.

Did you feel like you need a front fastening bra after your op or did you have enough movement in your arms to manage a back fastened bra?

Getting closer now!!
BoobiePrize
BoobiePrize
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3231

Back to top Go down

Overs ladies Empty Re: Overs ladies

Post by Jessica 31st May 2010, 10:15 am

Hey BP, I was a bit silly after my op and all of my back fastening sports bras were ones that went over my head so I had to step into them all and pull them up over my hips because I couldn't lift my arms. I can't remember it being a huge problem fastening them at the back though, just lifting my arms higher than shoulder height. Looking back now though I would get a front fastening bra for the first 3 or 4 days. xxxx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 31st May 2010, 10:20 am

I was fine after my 1st BA hun, had no probs at all, but after this op I was weak as a kitten and had no strength in my arms at all, but even though I was so weak, I could still wear back fastening bras by fastening the hooks at the front, turning the bra around at my waist, then slowly easing the bra up over my my boobs and the straps onto my shoulders. You'll be fine babe. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrapuss 31st May 2010, 10:32 am

Hi, I have also been thinking about this, I'm pre ba and I've bought a couple of back fastening ones and one overhead one. I haven't seen many fronty ones in the shops.
Also another idea is to get some of those bra/band extenders in case they feel a bit tight underneath.

Not too long for you now BoobiePrize!!

Good Luck xx
Astrapuss
Astrapuss
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 425

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 31st May 2010, 11:06 am

I used back fastening ones straight after my op and done them up in front of me then twisted them around. I also had a front fastening one and if I'm honest it was harder to do up at first than the back fastening one as I had to hold it tight over my boobs and do the zip up, maybe it was just me lol. After a few weeks it was fine.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by zoeb 31st May 2010, 11:34 am

I was told to not take my bra off for the first week so i didn't have the problem !! I had a front fastening surgical bra though, and it was very comfy with a big wide band underneath. xx
zoeb
zoeb
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 680

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy86 31st May 2010, 11:45 am

Hi Boobieprize

I'm 2 days post op and theres no way I could fasten my bra up from the back. I have to get my mum to do it at the mo. I'm sure aslong as you have someone to help you you'll be fine xx
lucy86
lucy86
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 31st May 2010, 11:55 am

Not long now BP Overs ladies 923101

I had a front fastening one for the first 3 / 4 days and found it easier, however I did manage with a back fastening one early days too without too much discomfort xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 31st May 2010, 1:33 pm

OMG BP just realised your almost there, 4 days to go!!! Overs ladies 923101

I didn't take my bra off for the first 7 days, my ps did at my first appointment. I was really restricted with what I could do, I had to get my mum to help me into and out of my bras for at least a week after that.

How are you feeling chick, bet you just can't wait till your sat in hospital beaming down at your new twins!

I'm so excited for you Overs ladies 571992 x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2196

Back to top Go down

Post by BoobiePrize 31st May 2010, 3:53 pm

cookie wrote:I was fine after my 1st BA hun, had no probs at all, but after this op I was weak as a kitten and had no strength in my arms at all, but even though I was so weak, I could still wear back fastening bras by fastening the hooks at the front, turning the bra around at my waist, then slowly easing the bra up over my my boobs and the straps onto my shoulders. You'll be fine babe. xxx
Thanks cooks, this is how I usually wear my bra's but I've come to notice that it takes a bit of effort, maybe I'll just need to go slower post op? I'm also worried about chaffing if I'm swollen??

Astrapuss wrote:Hi, I have also been thinking about this, I'm pre ba and I've bought a couple of back fastening ones and one overhead one. I haven't seen many fronty ones in the shops.
Also another idea is to get some of those bra/band extenders in case they feel a bit tight underneath.

Not too long for you now BoobiePrize!!

Good Luck xx
Thanks hun, I have a few of those handy! Thats something you can't have on a front fastening bra!!

misf1 wrote:I used back fastening ones straight after my op and done them up in front of me then twisted them around. I also had a front fastening one and if I'm honest it was harder to do up at first than the back fastening one as I had to hold it tight over my boobs and do the zip up, maybe it was just me lol. After a few weeks it was fine.
Oh I can see how a zip one would be difficult! I'm going to get a hook/eye one so hopefully this is easier...

zoeb wrote:I was told to not take my bra off for the first week so i didn't have the problem !! I had a front fastening surgical bra though, and it was very comfy with a big wide band underneath. xx
I haven't been given any special instructions so its possible that I may not need to come out of my bra too!

lucy86 wrote:Hi Boobieprize

I'm 2 days post op and theres no way I could fasten my bra up from the back. I have to get my mum to do it at the mo. I'm sure aslong as you have someone to help you you'll be fine xx
My ex will be with me to help as we started the journey together and are still great friends. He had perfected the art of removing bra's not sure how he'll manage getting them on Overs ladies 727885

kay wrote:Not long now BP Overs ladies 923101

I had a front fastening one for the first 3 / 4 days and found it easier, however I did manage with a back fastening one early days too without too much discomfort xx
Thanks hun, I know I can't believe its only 4 sleeps!!

Funkygirl wrote:OMG BP just realised your almost there, 4 days to go!!! Overs ladies 923101

I didn't take my bra off for the first 7 days, my ps did at my first appointment. I was really restricted with what I could do, I had to get my mum to help me into and out of my bras for at least a week after that.

How are you feeling chick, bet you just can't wait till your sat in hospital beaming down at your new twins!

I'm so excited for you Overs ladies 571992 x x
I know FG its super exciting Overs ladies 727935
Its actually so surreal! I had a dream the other night... I'll save that for my diary though.

I think I will get the front fastened one also just in case. That way I can have a quick peek without having the hassle of getting the whole thing off in case my PS says to keep it on the whole week.

Bring on the Overs ladies 113752 !!

P.S. Did you girls that had front and back fastening bra's think the one was more supportive than the other? Thinking about it a back fastening bra takes the weight off your chest and onto your shoulders and back... I wonder if the front fastening one does the same...??
BoobiePrize
BoobiePrize
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 31st May 2010, 4:20 pm

I found the front fastening much more supportive hun. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 31st May 2010, 9:52 pm

I liked them both hun and found both supportive as each other. I really loved my shock absorber level 4 sports bra as they really held my boobies in place with absolutely no chance of movement! I lived in those for the first 2 weeks.

But, I also loved the M&S front fastening sports bra (one Cookie recc to me) it's also super supportive and I wear it for bed now as it's incredibly comfy! I bought it originally as I was looking for a low sitting band bra as I was worried about my bra rubbing on my scars.

Overs ladies 923101 Overs ladies 923101 almost 3 days to go chick!!! Overs ladies 923101 Overs ladies 923101
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2196

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 1st June 2010, 6:46 am

like most of the others i had a fromt fasteing one given to me by transform on the day of the surgery wore it for a week then went out and got a couple from marks and spencers
xxxxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by BoobiePrize 1st June 2010, 6:06 pm

Thanks girls. I've just ordered the front fastening one thats a band bigger... I know I'm a bit lastminute.com!

Hopefully this will fit with no problems, I've got my debenhams one (back fastening) as a back up too Overs ladies 184153
BoobiePrize
BoobiePrize
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dervla1 1st June 2010, 6:22 pm

I found it ok to use back fastening bra. I just fastened it at the front then turned it round. No problem!
dervla1
dervla1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 221

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down