Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M&S sports bras/V shaped pillow advice please!

+4
ShootingStar
nads
BlondeBarbie
Suki77
8 posters

Go down

M&S sports bras/V shaped pillow advice please! Empty M&S sports bras/V shaped pillow advice please!

Post by Suki77 14th March 2009, 8:55 pm

Hey ladies I am having my BA in 3 weeks (woo hoo!) and will soon be buying my support bras for post-op. My nurse has said the best place to get them is M & S and I just wondered if anyone had any particular recommendations?
Also I have got one of those v-shaped pillows and wondered if these are any better than normal pillows?

Suki77
Suki77
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 163

Back to top Go down

M&S sports bras/V shaped pillow advice please! Empty Re: M&S sports bras/V shaped pillow advice please!

Post by BlondeBarbie 14th March 2009, 8:58 pm

My nurse suggested M&S too i think but i got mine from the catalogue, it is a Shock absorber and they are fab! Highly recommend getting one of them.
Ive got one but didnt buy it for my BA i got it when i was pregnant. I didnt really use it after BA, normal pillows work just as well and saves money x
BlondeBarbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1849

Back to top Go down

M&S sports bras/V shaped pillow advice please! Empty Re: M&S sports bras/V shaped pillow advice please!

Post by Suki77 14th March 2009, 9:02 pm

Oh I have heard shock absorbers are really good, I also run alot so I guess if I get one of those at least I can use it for that as well. Thanx for the advice! xx
Suki77
Suki77
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 14th March 2009, 9:06 pm

I found the V pillow great, i got one off Amazon for £10 its great for keeping you upright and is really comfy, i still use it now!
I used a surgical Marena bra after my op which was given to me by Mybreast, it was similar to a shock absorber. M&S also have some post op surgical bras on their online shop which look comfy.
Not long to go now hun!! xxx
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Suki77 14th March 2009, 9:15 pm

I know the time is going so fast! It's my birthday next week so will have a bit of a blow out, lots of food & booze then detoxing in preparation lol.
I managed to get the v pillow for £6 so thought it would be worth a try! Yes I have seen the post op bras on M&S. I'm going to Bluewater (big shopping centre near me) in a week or so and the M&S is pretty big there so hopefully will find something! And I certainly think I will be investing in a shock absorber at some point as everyone says how great they are! xx
Suki77
Suki77
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 14th March 2009, 9:17 pm

I would say get a couple of bigger band sizes or bra extenders as you will be swollen after then op, i nearly fainted trying to put on a 32 band (which i am normally) and nearly fitted into a 36!! It goes down but you want to be as comfortable as poss Flash
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Suki77 14th March 2009, 9:21 pm

Yes I am 32 at the moment but am def going to buy at least 34! Thanx for the advice! :) xx
Suki77
Suki77
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ShootingStar 14th March 2009, 9:29 pm

Suki77 wrote: And I certainly think I will be investing in a shock absorber at some point as everyone says how great they are! xx

Yep the shock absorbers are brill, defo recommend getting at least one. You will still get use out of it for gym etc in future so good investment. Good luck with your upcoming op hun xx
ShootingStar
ShootingStar

Number of posts : 6917

Back to top Go down

Post by mariajw 14th March 2009, 9:37 pm

Hi Hunni

I have an M&S shock absorber bra which I wear for running. It's really good. I didn't have to wear a bra after my BA.

Maria
xx
mariajw
mariajw
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2252

Back to top Go down

Post by Suki77 14th March 2009, 9:40 pm

ShootingStar wrote:
Suki77 wrote: And I certainly think I will be investing in a shock absorber at some point as everyone says how great they are! xx

Yep the shock absorbers are brill, defo recommend getting at least one. You will still get use out of it for gym etc in future so good investment. Good luck with your upcoming op hun xx

Thank u, I am so excited it's all I can think about lol.
I will def need a new sports bra for running as there is no way the one I wear now is going to fit me when I have my lovely new (bigger!) boobies! Yay! xx
Suki77
Suki77
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by moonmar 14th March 2009, 11:17 pm

I have both shock absorber and M&S bras, they are both good but I personally find the M&S more comfortable. I have 2 from M&S, different models but they are both super-comfy.
I have a V pillow and I find it really helps keeping me in the same position all night, otherwise I would move around too much, so I do recommend getting one, they are really cheap anyway.
And as nads says bra extenders are really useful, so you can buy a smaller band bra and use the extender at the beginning when you have a lot of side swelling, and then keep wearing it later without the extender when the swelling goes down, instead of buying loads and loads of different sizes.
moonmar
moonmar
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1377

Back to top Go down

Post by _Carrie_ 15th March 2009, 8:20 am

I've got one from M&S - can't remember the style but it looks quite a lot like a normal bra and gives me a really nice shape - it's sooo comfy. It was £18. I'll post a pic of it when I get round to it so you can see if you want?

I've also got a triumph one which is comfy but I wear it at night as I don't like the shape it gives me so much. And I have a shock absorber, which is really supportive but massive!

I bought them in a 32 and got some bra extenders from La Senza (£5 for a pack of 3)...definitely recommend them.

And I had a support pillow from when I was breastfeeding and it was great as I hated sleeping upright!

C x
_Carrie_
_Carrie_
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 615

Back to top Go down

Post by Suki77 16th March 2009, 8:07 pm

[quote="_Carrie_"]I've got one from M&S - can't remember the style but it looks quite a lot like a normal bra and gives me a really nice shape - it's sooo comfy. It was £18. I'll post a pic of it when I get round to it so you can see if you want?

I've also got a triumph one which is comfy but I wear it at night as I don't like the shape it gives me so much. And I have a shock absorber, which is really supportive but massive!

I bought them in a 32 and got some bra extenders from La Senza (£5 for a pack of 3)...definitely recommend them.

And I had a support pillow from when I was breastfeeding and it was great as I hated sleeping upright!

Hey Carrie thanks for the advice, I have today bought 2 sports bras from M&S, I'm going to get some extenders from La Senza they sound like a great idea! xx
Suki77
Suki77
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Suki77 16th March 2009, 8:11 pm

moonmar wrote:I have both shock absorber and M&S bras, they are both good but I personally find the M&S more comfortable. I have 2 from M&S, different models but they are both super-comfy.
I have a V pillow and I find it really helps keeping me in the same position all night, otherwise I would move around too much, so I do recommend getting one, they are really cheap anyway.
And as nads says bra extenders are really useful, so you can buy a smaller band bra and use the extender at the beginning when you have a lot of side swelling, and then keep wearing it later without the extender when the swelling goes down, instead of buying loads and loads of different sizes.

I picked up my V pillow cheap so think it will be worth a try!
I bought 2 sports bras from M&S today I am wearing one at the moment with my rice sizers to try & get used to the feel & weight of it lol. I'm def going to get some extenders as well, like you say you don't then have to buy loads of different sizes. Thanks for your help! xx
Suki77
Suki77
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bettyboop 16th March 2009, 9:34 pm

I love my V pillow, i still sleep with it now. Don't think you'll regret buying one at all.
I also have a shock absorber bra and found/find it very comfortable. My M&S sports bra i have found to be slightly on the tight side, so an extender would be just the job 👍
T x
bettyboop
bettyboop
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down