Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice/reassurance on sports bras needed

+2
Jen23
hh2121
6 posters

Go down

Advice/reassurance on sports bras needed Empty Advice/reassurance on sports bras needed

Post by hh2121 7th December 2014, 9:08 am

Hi girlies. 
I've been reading lots of posts lately regarding sports bras and I'm afraid I'm jumping on the band wagon and have some questions of my own! 
I was advised by my surgeon not to spend too much money on the sports bras I'd need post-surgery and he showed me an advert for two sports bras for £7 from asda that he said he recommended to all of his patients. I was a bit worried about them at first as they are only low impact sports bras but thought that he must know what he is talking about so went ahead. 
I've noticed a lot of advice floating around lately about supermarket brands just not having the support you need and am wondering now if I should be ditching these bras and getting something of better quality? 
Do I stick with what he said or should I get something better? If I ditch the Asda ones in favour of higher impact sports bras will I damage my implant in any way? Is there a reason why he only suggested a low impact sports bra in the first place? Is there such a thing as too much support?! Argh, questions, questions! What do we think ladies? xx
hh2121
hh2121
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 178

Back to top Go down

Advice/reassurance on sports bras needed Empty Re: Advice/reassurance on sports bras needed

Post by Jen23 7th December 2014, 9:23 am

Im pretty sure there must be a reason yr surgeon suggested the ones he did.
You could always call up and ask :)
I guess, if there is a reason he only wants u in low impact, then there could be such a thing as too much support.
Its such a minefield isntit! Ive got bra worries at the minute too :$ x
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 791

Back to top Go down

Advice/reassurance on sports bras needed Empty Re: Advice/reassurance on sports bras needed

Post by COOKIE 7th December 2014, 9:27 am

Surgeons generally advise low impact bras for women who's skin is especially tight and wouldn't gain anything from a high impact sportsbra. 

You should ALWAYS listen to your surgeons advise H and I'm sure IF there were any problems your surgeon would advise accordingly, but you're fine so don't worry and just stick with what you're told. Xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by hh2121 7th December 2014, 9:41 am

Ok, thanks girls. I just wanted to know what you would do! I'm seeing my surgeon this Thursday so I will double check and see what he says. I'm not experiencing any problems with the bras at the moment, just, like most girls, want to preserve my new boobies for as long as possible! xx
hh2121
hh2121
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 178

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th December 2014, 9:45 am

Totally understand. 

With the supermarket brands they do lose any support they had after a few washes, so if you do feel like the bra is losing support and just doesn't feel like it did when you first popped it on then simply go back to Asda as advised by your surgeon and replace for another new one. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 7th December 2014, 12:42 pm

You've nailed it yourself really in your original post - the support you need. If he's said cheapy ones are fine, then they're fine for you. Others will be given different advice. The only thing is that you'll end up spending the same as a better brand as they wear out faster.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmapinder1983 7th December 2014, 1:27 pm

My surgeon has said wear the bra they give me first week, second week high impact from m&s x x
Emmapinder1983
Emmapinder1983
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1270

Back to top Go down

Post by kezjb 7th December 2014, 2:41 pm

Charlii wrote:You've nailed it yourself really in your original post - the support you need. If he's said cheapy ones are fine, then they're fine for you. Others will be given different advice. The only thing is that you'll end up spending the same as a better brand as they wear out faster.
What she said  yes

I didn't have high impact bras, not everyone does. Good luck Smike
kezjb
kezjb
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 470

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down