Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Called my surgeon 's PA today

+2
Cally
rk19
6 posters

Go down

Called my surgeon 's PA today Empty Called my surgeon 's PA today

Post by rk19 12th May 2010, 11:19 am

Hey girls,

So I have taken one step forward, i rang my surgeon's PA about maybe coming back to see him! I asked if they have some time for me to be booked in beginning August - as that'd be best for holidays from work.

She was very helpful as usual, i can be booked for August. However, there have been some changes, they now charge £600 more for the op, even though i will be a daycase, and now use Nagor Implants.

Have many ladies had these implants? I was told they have a lifetime guarentee including cc & rupture and are FDA approved? Also, the package only includes 2 aftercare appointments, then charge £50 per visit if i need to see him again. Is this quite normal? Seems they want to charge for aftercare consultations when they know one will have to come back to them if any problems!

Im getting so scared already Called my surgeon 's PA today Icon_pale

xxxx
rk19
rk19
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Called my surgeon 's PA today Empty Re: Called my surgeon 's PA today

Post by Cally 12th May 2010, 11:38 am

Hi hunny - are you going through a private hospital ??? I went with BMI and they also only offer about 3 follow up appointments in their package, but I was fine with that myself.
I also had nagor implants and am totally happy with them so far....they are really lovely and soft, and do have the lifetime guarantee against rupture etc although you would have to pay the cost of the re-op. Not sure whether they are FDA approved - someone else will know I'm sure.
If the lack of aftercare is something that concerns you though, maybe have a look at other alternatives before booking. xx
Cally
Cally
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 446

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 12th May 2010, 11:50 am

What clinic are you using rk? Nagor implants are good implants hun but if you've been told Nagor are FDA approved your clinic are lying to you hun. The only FDA approved implants on the market are Allergan (not the CUI range) or Mentor.

The two aftercare visits included in your package would probably be for 6 week or 12 week 1st post-op appointment after your op then a 6 month or a year appointment after that before you're discharged, this is fine if you have no complications but with all cosmetic surgery there are no guarantees, so if you choose to proceed you should be prepared to pay the extra consultation fees should you need to.

I used Transform and all consultations are free for three years post-op. I have Allegan CUI implants covered for 10 years by Allergan, but in addition I have 3 years aftercare package with Transform to cover surgery costs should I have a rupture or CC.

The lifetime aftercare you get with your implants only covers the cost of the implants should you have a rupture or CC it does not cover any other costs should you need a re-op hun.

Do you get an aftercare policy with the clinic that covers ruptures and CC should you have this problem? would they cover all surgery costs and how long are you covered?

You should consider the possibility of a complication and what the additional costs would be if were unfortunate to have to deal with such an eventuality hun. Possibly the additional consultations, the cost of having to pay your surgeon, theatre costs and hospital costs. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by rk19 12th May 2010, 11:56 am

Im going with BMI too in Windsor, Berkshire. Surgeon is Mr Rajan Uppal, he operates in different hospitals around the area. Price quote last August was £3871 with discount and now they cannot discount and has gone up to £4550 - so it was abit of a Called my surgeon 's PA today Icon_eek to me! But i guess that is quite a standard price.

Im sure when i had consultation with surgeon before he said i can come and see him anytime in the package price if i have problems when i went last yr. (BTW i backed out of a BA last year, now im back, and think more ready for it)

Intially i was going to have Mentor implants, and i did all my research on the being FDA approved.

Are they different types of Nagor implants? With different names? I have been looking at some old posts and see many girls are happy with nagors. How long have you had your BA? Glad to hear you are happy with it Called my surgeon 's PA today 184153

Maybe you're right, might see what other places offer for aftercare

xxxx
rk19
rk19
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 12th May 2010, 12:01 pm

There are two types in the Nagor range -

Nagor GFX which are on par with Allergan CUIs and are in the budget range.

Nagor also make a better implant called Impleo. Neither the GFX or the Impleo are FDA approved babe. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rk19 12th May 2010, 12:02 pm

Hi Cookie - yes i was just told by surgeons PA they are FDA! Hmm, i dont know why ive always had it in my head that i want FDA - just for my peace of mind. Now im all confused once again!

Right - i think i have a list of questions im going to copy from your post hun, this will really help me. I havent been told anything about what the clinic will cover or not, only what the implants are covered for. Thanks so much, i will have to ask these questions - there is alot more to this than you originally think isnt there!

Ive read your blog also, and was so upsetting to hear what you went through, just glad you are happy now Called my surgeon 's PA today 321562 xxx
rk19
rk19
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by rk19 12th May 2010, 12:03 pm

Hi Cookie - yes i was just told by surgeons PA they are FDA! Hmm, i dont know why ive always had it in my head that i want FDA - just for my peace of mind. Now im all confused once again!

Right - i think i have a list of questions im going to copy from your post hun, this will really help me. I havent been told anything about what the clinic will cover or not, only what the implants are covered for. Thanks so much, i will have to ask these questions - there is alot more to this than you originally think isnt there!

Ive read your blog also, and was so upsetting to hear what you went through, just glad you are happy now Called my surgeon 's PA today 321562 xxx
rk19
rk19
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 12th May 2010, 12:09 pm

Thank you rk Called my surgeon 's PA today 321562

Yes, go armed with all your questions babe, there's a great list of questions on BJSF you can print out and take with you so you cover everything 'HERE' babe. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rk19 12th May 2010, 12:10 pm

thanks you sooo much hun. xxx
rk19
rk19
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 12th May 2010, 12:18 pm

I agree with cookie, the aftercare costing extra is fine if you have no complications but with surgery you cannot guarentee anything. As for nagor being FDA approved this is not the truth, they are a good implant though and a lot of girls have them. They are a british made implant so cheaper than importing allergan implants which is why many clinics etc use them. There is one range of implants FDA approved for silicone gel for allergan which is the inspira range and mentor memory gel ones. Nagor are according to their website going through the FDA pre approval process which will allow them to sell them in the US. They also are having trials for FDA approval but this takes many years of research. They must be confident of their product for putting it through the FDA trials.
I also went through transform so my surgeon visits and follow up appointments are free, it was cheaper for me to have a day case and I decided to stick with the allergan CUI and they have a good reputation for a budget range of implant. The thing is even if you have the FDA approved implant any implant can rupture and it really is a good idea to have an aftercare policy that will cover you should this unfortunately happen to you.
What surgeon have you been to see? if you are seeing him directly at his private clinic it may be worth checking to see if he also works for a company such as Transform, MYA, Mybreast etc where they are cheaper and offer longer aftercare.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kayla 12th May 2010, 4:43 pm

I looked into seeing a surgeon through BMI, cancelled as I chose James McDiarmid to do my op so the consult fee and travelling wasn't necessary or worth it anymore. BUT, on the BMI website, it says that their fixed price package is £4100 at the moment.

I have to say the thing which really put me off a private hosp was the limited aftercare. Maybe see a diff surgeon or two with differen groups if you are unsure as you are still in a great position to negotiate.
kayla
kayla
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 507

Back to top Go down

Post by Cally 12th May 2010, 6:41 pm

BMI do offer a fixed price but it appears to be at "participating hospitals"...a few of us on here had to push to get the fixed price, but if that's what you were initially quoted, ring their main office and argue your case.....they will probably then sort it out for you - that's what I did xx
Cally
Cally
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by rk19 14th May 2010, 5:34 pm

Thanks for the info Kayla and Cally. i will be doing some work on getting the price down ;)

I need t go to a local hospital to make things easier for myself is why i am going private. I have also seen the offer for £4100 online now that you have mentioned it to me Kayla.

Still really afraid of surgery, i dont know why i have started being a chicken! Never used to be Called my surgeon 's PA today 375568

I guess if nagor offer a lifetime guarentee its good enough. But as mentioned by cookie i really do need to find out what the clinic will cover in case of problems.

thanks for all the advise girls

RK

xxxxx
rk19
rk19
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Cally 14th May 2010, 5:38 pm

Good luck Called my surgeon 's PA today 571992 xx
Cally
Cally
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 15th May 2010, 4:42 pm

Good Luck rk19!!

I have Nagor implants anatomicals and researched well before making a choice before surgery. Their guarantee is better than most. Though Mentor and Allergen implants are also good, though best to check which ones from either range you will have as they all have different make-up and guarantee.

I wish you well on your journey and decision-making, you will know if and when it feels right for you. They will easily be hideable too...I have 250cc and not a soul has noticed..honestly. Called my surgeon 's PA today 571992 .
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by rk19 17th May 2010, 10:05 am

Thanks Mia - im still trying to get my head around things and preparing myself for this. I honestly am finding it difficult Called my surgeon 's PA today 727885 just so indecisive, 1 minute i look at me and thnk i need to get this doen, i will be so happy after, then i think why would i put mysefl through that and imagine thngs do go wrong! Its all a crazy mess in my head.

So i called my surgeon's PA again today, with my questions...So they will be using Nagor Impleo implants, price is stuck to £4550, says BMI might have the £4100 offer but we dont! And the aftercare from the surgeon/clinic is only 30 days Called my surgeon 's PA today Icon_eek Called my surgeon 's PA today Icon_eek Called my surgeon 's PA today Icon_eek ! Im amazed! She said if you were to have any problems we would know in the 30days, but depending on circumstances we may cover you for longer than 30days and re-op for free. Thats kind of scary - ive read many girls have had problems even 6months-1 year down the line. Their terms have changed since last year, when i spoke to the surgeon last year he said im covered for 6months.

Ladies what do you think of this offer??

Ive requested pricing from other surgeons in my area (mainly Spire Thames Valley) and their prices are £5700 min.

Also, ive figured if im having Nagor Impleo the implant size will be 250cc as they do not have 240cc in their range (was just looking at their catalogue).

xxx
rk19
rk19
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 17th May 2010, 10:46 am

rk19 wrote:And the aftercare from the surgeon/clinic is only 30 days Called my surgeon 's PA today Icon_eek Called my surgeon 's PA today Icon_eek Called my surgeon 's PA today Icon_eek ! Im amazed! She said if you were to have any problems we would know in the 30days, but depending on circumstances we may cover you for longer than 30days and re-op for free.

Utter rubbish babe - The fact that the 'circumstances' aren't outlined that would guarantee you a free re-op and no exact time frame on how long those 'cicumstances' post-op would be covered should you need a re-op would be enough to send me running hun, I really can't stress enough how important a good after-care policy is babe - There are no guarantees with cosmetic surgery and aside from the immediate risks post-op your implant will be at risk of rupture, no matter the make and you will be at risk of developing CC, these are things that just happen sometimes, rare but nonetheless they do happen no matter how good your surgeon is, no matter how well you were taken care of or how well you look after yourself, these things can still happen and it's in your best interest IMO to ensure you get the best cover possible babe. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rk19 17th May 2010, 10:55 am

I agree with you cookie, and the fact that i have read many girls do come across problems, it doesnt make any sense. I will have to start looking elsewhere. The fact that she said hes never had to do a re-op on someone was very Called my surgeon 's PA today Icon_eek

Has anyone here been to Spire? Just want to know what their aftercare policy is. I cant go to Transform or Harley Med as the clinics are too far from me. And its not an option due to home situation. The nearest to me would be Spire or BMI. Do you think different surgeons at same hospital could have different policies? Or is that actually the clinic who make the policies?

Gutted, i have to start finding a new surgeon! But GLAD i am not going to get conned! xxx
rk19
rk19
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down