Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horrible Pain

+7
Mistydinlv
*Sally*
TopCat
zoeb
COOKIE
natalia
NurseSophie89
11 posters

Go down

Horrible Pain Empty Horrible Pain

Post by NurseSophie89 9th April 2010, 12:20 pm

Hey ladies, Im 5days PO now and as far as im concerned i've been doing fantastically! Had come off the strong painkillers and was just having one ibuprofen every 10/12 hours or so, didnt even really feel like i'd had surgery anymore!
But then i woke out of my sleep at 8 this morning with the most horrible burning/shooting pain going from my incision in leftie, up into my nipple. I shot bolt upright in bed, which only made the pain worse, and started to panic! It felt as though my stitches had burst open. Went and hada look in mirror and stitches were fine, no blood coming through dressings but still this burning! My nipple was also sticking out hard as a rock lol! The skin was also very hot to touch but went back to normal soon after(Today is my last day of antibiotics.) I took some painkillers and thankfully got back over to sleep. The pain is still there now but more of a dull ache than anything else.

Have I hurt myself by trying to overdo it these past few days or is this a normal part of the healing process??

Thanks girls xxx
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1920

Back to top Go down

Horrible Pain Empty Re: Horrible Pain

Post by natalia 9th April 2010, 12:40 pm

its normal to have shooting pains ect you will know if u got infection u will have temperature and be in agony and your boobies would be on fire its just normal so dont worry to much i had pains like that 2 in first few weeks
xxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th April 2010, 12:55 pm

Sounds like what you're experiencing Sophie is the nerve endings healing, they can be quite painful at times, causing all kinds of sensations, from horrid pain, or a sunburn sensation, or pins and needles, or over sensitivity of the nipples! (that last one can be most embarrassing!) or all of them!!! But it does get easier...

If you're concerned about infection hun, keep on eye your boobs hun, watch for any sudden swelling and a high temperature as Nat says and as with all pain, if you're overly concerned and can't cope with the pain, call your clinic hunni. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 9th April 2010, 1:16 pm

Thanks girls, good to have some reassurance! They were only hot to the touch while i had the pain, otherwise they are fine! Phew panic over then! lol x
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by zoeb 9th April 2010, 2:39 pm

Bless you Sophie, hope you OK xx These girls know what they are on about don't they!!! Where would we be without them! xx
zoeb
zoeb
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 680

Back to top Go down

Post by TopCat 9th April 2010, 3:24 pm

Hey Soph, if it makes you feel better I have had similar (especially when in bed) - it comes and goes. My current thing, as mentioned by Cookie, is the oversensitive nipples - I am permanently smuggling peanuts!! LOL Horrible Pain 557141

Take care, TC x
TopCat
TopCat
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 86

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 9th April 2010, 3:47 pm

TopCat wrote:Hey Soph, if it makes you feel better I have had similar (especially when in bed) - it comes and goes. My current thing, as mentioned by Cookie, is the oversensitive nipples - I am permanently smuggling peanuts!! LOL Horrible Pain 557141

Take care, TC x

Hahaha! My nipples are basically numb right now, dunno why tho as my incision is on the crease..but bloody hell they are so pointy! Think i will have to buy some nipple covers haha! x
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 9th April 2010, 8:43 pm

Oh Soph you poor thing. As the other girls have said as painful as it is its perfectly normal to experience what you are. The healing process goes through various stages and this is just one of them. Maybe you should up the painkillers for a while? It will pass tho I promise x
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 9th April 2010, 9:12 pm

Thanks chick. I have upped my painkillers again, which to be honest im not too happy about, i dont like how drowsy they make me, and im sleepy enough as it is lol! Also using icepacks to try and ease it a little. So glad I have all you girls who have been through it to put my mind at rest otherwise i'd be having a nervous breakdown lol! x
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistydinlv 9th April 2010, 10:59 pm

I had the same pains. Over here in the US most PS's prescribe Valium for muscle/nerve spasms for BA. They work way better then Lortab or Ibuprofen. Maybe you can ask for those? What kind of painkillers did they prescribe you?
Mistydinlv
Mistydinlv
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 10th April 2010, 7:22 am

Hi hun I had this pain twice once whilst shopping i was terrified i thought my boob had exploded and i had to sit down! This was after i drove 1 weeks post op and I think my body was telling me not to again! The second time was in bed asleep and i woke up bolt upright - again thinking my wound had opened and boob exploded! Its a nasty pain and very alarming when it happens but its normal - i dont think it should happen often and i think it is your body telling you to take it easy.

xx
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2121

Back to top Go down

Post by jet350 10th April 2010, 8:17 am

my incision is on the crease as well and I had the numb nipples too...they then went really sensitive and it was uncomfy when they became hard..lol doesn't help that I have breastfeeding nipples either. but I have to say it does get better I also found it reasuring that I had some type of feeling no matter what. I was really worried about being left with numb boobies..
Jx
jet350
jet350
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 208

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 10th April 2010, 10:26 am

Well... had another lovely night of waking up every few hours with left boobie pain, especially the nipple! I also realised it was my left nipple that I used to have pierced, and i took the piercing out(4weeks preop) because i would get shooting/nervy pains in it every so often, i think a nerve was hit when it was pierced. I wonder does that have anything to do with why leftie is giving me such bother!? I will mention it to my PS tomorrow at my 1week checkup and dressing change.
Think i'd rather have numb nipples than this lol! xx
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BoobiePrize 10th April 2010, 10:28 am

Hope it stops for you soon hun! I hate sensitive nips
BoobiePrize
BoobiePrize
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3231

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 10th April 2010, 10:32 am

It might be the reason - mine was only my leftie too - right was good as gold
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2121

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 10th April 2010, 11:05 am

Im so temped to walk about with a bag of peas on leftie, i was lying in bed at about 4am fantasising about this haha! x
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by eastla 10th April 2010, 11:16 am

Ah hun - sorry to hear you are having these pains. For the first week I was getting little shooting pains, like mini electric shocks.

Now though like the other girls I have sensitive/sore nipple too !

Hope it gets better for you soon xx
eastla
eastla
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 803

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down