Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please reassure a worried newbie!

+4
kate1977
Jemmy
kayla
I'mScared
8 posters

Go down

Please reassure a worried newbie! Empty Please reassure a worried newbie!

Post by I'mScared 3rd April 2010, 4:32 pm

Hi all!

I'm Lozzy, I'm 26 and I've always wanted bigger boobs. I'm a 34A and although I like the look of my boobs, I just seem SO flat from the side :( After searching for more bikinis and realising that they all look stupid on me, I have come to the decision I want implants. Nothing too large - I want to look as natural as possible - so I'm thinking of going up to a 34C.

However, it hasn't been an easy decision and one that I've always avoided because I've heard a lot of horror stories. I've even seen documentaries where the breast had actually split open (no accident involved, it just happened apparently) and the implant looked like it was coming out!

So, basically, I guess I'm here for some reassurance!!! I'd like to hear success stories from people - ideally ones that have had them in for years with no problems.

Also - I'm worried about how thin I am!! I'm a UK size 6 so I'm very skinny. I've heard that women my size can end up with a strange "rippled effect" on their breasts because the implant shows through as their is little fat to cover it up. Is this true??

I would ask a clinic or surgeon but I'm concerned that they'll be so busy trying to sell to me that I won't get the real facts. So, if there are any other small, skinny girls out there that had surgery, please tell me your experience too!!

Thanks
Lozzy
I'mScared
I'mScared
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Please reassure a worried newbie! Empty Re: Please reassure a worried newbie!

Post by kayla 3rd April 2010, 4:48 pm

Firstly welcome, I am a relative newbie too and hve to say you will get so much help from this site!!
With you on the looking crap in bikinis!! Find myself looking longingly at the not super-padded ones, wishing!!
You are spot on with the horror stories, but breast augmentation is the most popular op and as with everything in life, the happy ones move on and live their lives, the unhappy ones complain. If you see a good surgeon he/she should go through all complications and the risks that are likely and also unlikely.

There are also different placements of the implants I need overs as I have some breast tissue. You being super slim will prob (not certainly) need unders, which are placed under the pectoral muscle. This then reduces the likelihood of rippling and being able to feel the implants perimeter. Plently of small girls have had implants, and written very happy stories on this site.

Some of the clinics are very salesy, I agree but the best one I saw was MyBreast, only one follow up call to see if everything went ok, no pressure. And the surgeon I saw was very detailed with all the ins and outs. I am sure others will be along with their surgeon/ clinic experiences soon too.
Good Luck as you begin your Boody journey xx
kayla
kayla
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 507

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 3rd April 2010, 5:00 pm

Hiya hun and welcome!

Any surgeon worth his salt will do what is best for you and your body. They won't or shouldn't give you something that will not suit your body.

There is a problem with rippling with skinny women but you should talk all this through with your surgeon. They will be able to give you the best advice x
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2948

Back to top Go down

Post by I'mScared 3rd April 2010, 5:03 pm

Thanks for the responses guys :) and from the sound of it "unders" may be best then - but my concern is how much that would hurt! Under a muscle sounds terribly painful and I bet harder to recover from :( and what about when I'm 40? or 50? How much would it hurt then? oh no!

I'm a big worrier with this :(
I'mScared
I'mScared
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kate1977 3rd April 2010, 5:40 pm

Hiya hun

Thought I would share my BA stories quickly with you to try and answer some of your concerns. I had my first BA 8 years ago which took me from a 32a to a 32D. For this I had 300cc unders as I had very little breast tissue of my own and took the advice of the surgeon - in fact didn't really have a choice as he didn't recommend overs for me at all LOL !!! Yes it is more painful that straightforward overs and does take longer to recover from but it was worth it for me. I took one week off work and my only child at the time was only 1 1/2 and within 3 to 4 days of the op I was out and about albeit gradually. I returned to work after one week and was also driving by then too. By 2 weeks after I was certainly okay.

My second BA was on the 24 March 2010 which was 525cc unders to replace my 300cc as I wanted bigger boobs after having another 3 children quite close together. I am pleased with my outcome as I have always wanted big boobs LOL - any look you want a good surgeon who you feel at ease with with be able to sit and discuss with you the look you want and the options available to you hun and see a couple of surgeons also as this always helps.

Hope that has helped a little bit xxxx
kate1977
kate1977
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 269

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz-10 3rd April 2010, 5:43 pm

I too am a slim size 6 but I have been recommended to go over the muscle to achieve a more natural look, which confuses me cos I always thought it is better for slimmer people to go under the muscle.

I also am interested to hear stories from slimmer girls as to whether they have experienced any rippling.
Starz-10
Starz-10
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 397

Back to top Go down

Post by I'mScared 3rd April 2010, 5:46 pm

thank-you Kate! Yes that has helped quite a bit. I'm not too far from Manchester so I think I'll check out your surgeon if he's recommended! Was it the same one both times or a different one? Btw you look stunning in your avatar pic and look fully natural!

I am starting to relax about this now.. I've had this dilemma for so long. Always wanted a bigger chest but been terrified of the surgery/things going wrong/how on earth I'd handle it in my "later" years!
I'mScared
I'mScared
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by I'mScared 3rd April 2010, 5:49 pm

yeah that is interesting Starz - I too have also heard over the years that "unders" are the best for girls like us... maybe you have a bit more breast tissue than you think?

I'll get myself booked in for a consultation at some point but I'm so nervous I'd rather just find out as much as I can on here first and then see if I still want the surgery.
I'mScared
I'mScared
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 3rd April 2010, 6:05 pm

I'm a size 6 and had my BA almost 4 weeks ago. I told my surgeon that I wanted to achieve a D/DD (through showing him pictures of looks I liked), I wanted a natural look but with some upper pole fullness (I liked this look) and that I wanted to reduce the gap between my breasts to give me a nice lovely cleavage.

I am only early days yet but I'm very happy with the results so far. I'm currently wearing a 30DD sports bra, the gap between my breasts has been reduced and I know I will have a lovely cleavage once I can wear some lush bras!

With regards to rippling, my surgeon did say it is a possibility but I do not have any at the moment thank goodness. I think it's important to remember that there are risks with any placement and some people get them and others don't. It all depends upon the individual. Your surgeon should always inform you of all the risks and complications that can occur, it doesn't always mean that it will happen thou. It's their job to inform us about everything, so that we can then make an informed decision.

Having my BA was the best thing I have ever done, I found the "perfect" surgeon for me and then just went for it and I couldn't be happier with the results!

x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2196

Back to top Go down

Post by I'mScared 3rd April 2010, 6:08 pm

thank-you for sharing your story too! It is good to hear from someone my size as-well, as I think we struggle for the natural look more than anyone else because we have so little breast tissue in the first place.

I'm very happy for you and glad it's gone well! congrats
I'mScared
I'mScared
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 3rd April 2010, 6:08 pm

Oooooo I forget to say I was recc and had overs as was told this placement was best for me to achieve the look I wanted. I also had enough breast tissue for overs. x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by I'mScared 3rd April 2010, 6:17 pm

It is interesting that you can have overs when you're a small build... to be honest I'd much prefer the overs because I'm a bit of a wimp! I mean... I think it's bad if I stump my toe!! so god knows how I'll handle this! So yeah if I am able to have overs and my surgeon doesn't think it'll be bad then I'd much rather it...the less pain the better!
I'mScared
I'mScared
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 3rd April 2010, 6:26 pm

Being able to have overs or not, all depends on whether you have enough breast tissue to cover the implant. At consultations the surgeon will tell you whether you have enough breast tissue for overs or not. Placement of the implant (overs, unders, partial unders) is one of the things we don't really get a choice over, it's all down to the individual anatomy!

I didn't tell my surgeon what placement I wanted, I merely told him about the look and size I wanted to achieve and he recc overs for me. Yes unders are meant to be more painful as it's more invasive, however, the pain doesn't last forever and by that point you have your new boobies so i'm sure most people don't mind Please reassure a worried newbie! 184153

Good luck and let us know how you get on in your consultations! x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by I'mScared 3rd April 2010, 6:32 pm

Hug thanks again! I think I'll also do the same when I get the courage to see someone - I'll just tell them the look I want and let them decide the best placement for me. It does sound like the sensible thing, letting the expert decide!
I'mScared
I'mScared
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by claire265 3rd April 2010, 8:44 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum! I'm a petite size 6 like you - very skinny top half - I was a 32a pre op and was quite empty after having 3 kids. I was advised to have partial unders to get the most natural look for me. Unders do hurt more than overs but it was soooo worth it - my boobs are vey natural looking - anyone I tell is shocked they are implants. I only had small implants 265cc but am now a 30E/32dd but they are perfect on my frame and now fill bikinis - I know what you mean about bikinis - I get an age 12-13 bikini a couple of years ago for my daughter and the top was baggy!!! I was gutted!
I had my ba done at the Nuffield so I dealt with the surgeon only and there was no hard sell at all and no patient coordinators to deal with,
good luck,
Claire x
claire265
claire265
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 312

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzpink23 4th April 2010, 12:06 am

i had unders and im very pleased with the result, yes maybe they were painful but the point is, how will ever i know, what im saying is maybe if you had overs first,then went and had unders you would think it was more painful, but if like me, you had unders first,then you wouldnt know any different, and to be honest,the pain wasnt unbearable, it was more uncomfy, and a heavy tight feeling, im glad i had unders xx
mizzpink23
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2048

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz-10 6th April 2010, 9:41 pm

I'mScared wrote:yeah that is interesting Starz - I too have also heard over the years that "unders" are the best for girls like us... maybe you have a bit more breast tissue than you think?

I heard that you have to have at least 2cm of tissue when you pinch about your boob to have overs but I can't find any tissue to pinch at all so I am worried if I have overs that it wont look natural!
Starz-10
Starz-10
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 397

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down