Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worried About GA?

+5
Drofty
Dancing_Diva
Cornishlass
georgieporgie
helenascania
9 posters

Go down

Worried About GA? Empty Worried About GA?

Post by helenascania 12th October 2009, 7:34 am

Hi Everyone. Would really like everyones views and expericence on GA. Im really nervous as this will be my first GA and have soo many Q's in my head buzzing around. Will i wake up during op? Will i wake up at all? Will i react badly and die?

My OH keeps telling me i will be fine and to stop worrying which i am trying to do.

Would be nice to hear your expericences x x
helenascania
helenascania
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 306

Back to top Go down

Worried About GA? Empty Re: Worried About GA?

Post by georgieporgie 12th October 2009, 8:04 am

great thread! I feel exactly the same! never had an op before so would be great to hear what you girls think xxxxx
georgieporgie
georgieporgie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 346

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornishlass 12th October 2009, 8:34 am

I was in the same boat...silly thoughts of dying in my sleep etc, but as so many say on here, it is actually enjoyable. And the anaesthetists are VERY professional and put you right at ease.

It's all natural to worry, but you will be fine and probably amaze yourself how calm you are!!

Kazz xx
Cornishlass
Cornishlass
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 109

Back to top Go down

Post by Dancing_Diva 12th October 2009, 12:15 pm

Me too I am really nervous about the GA. In the past I have always woken up with the shakes and crying!

Not so bad this time round I suppose as I wont have any mascara on! Worried About GA? 557141

We will all be fine though and I guess these are all the worries all people have xx
Dancing_Diva
Dancing_Diva
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 753

Back to top Go down

Post by Drofty 12th October 2009, 12:35 pm

that was my main fear about this whole thing..

i was very nervous and crying as i got in the room and the anathesist tried to calm me down by asking me all sorts of questions. i just asked him to knock me out good and i remember this feeling of calmness coming over me as he put the needle in. he then placed a mask over my mouth and nose and i was out cold.

i woke up crying and the anathesist asked me if i was ok and i told him they were tears of joy and i felt so happy to have woken up.

there are risks of course but cases where things go bad are very rare and i'll admit that my worries were all down to a movie i watched not long before my op and i let my imagination go wild... Worried About GA? Icon_redface

i was shaking a bit for the first hour after waking up and for the next day i felt sick as it was going out of my system, and all the meds didn't help and the fact i had hardly eaten a thing for 48 hours...

i'm sure you'll be fine hun xx
Drofty
Drofty
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by mum23boys 12th October 2009, 1:27 pm

I think these worries are all completely normal Worried About GA? 571992 .

I worked in theatres for 18months and saw hundreds of anaesthetics and only one reaction to the anaesthetic that required intensive care treatment for a few days.

There are risks but there are risks with everything in life, as long as you follow the advice of no eating and drinking before hand and make sure you are well on the day of the op (not got a grotty chest, fever etc) then hopefully all will be fine.

x
mum23boys
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 954

Back to top Go down

Post by katie 12th October 2009, 3:52 pm

mum23boys wrote:as long as you follow the advice of no eating and drinking before hand and make sure you are well on the day of the op (not got a grotty chest, fever etc) then hopefully all will be fine.

x

Agree with m23boys... Ga's are actually quite wonderful! had a few in my forty-something years and providing you stick to the rules everything should be fine, I didn't eat or drink (except glass of water) after 12 midnight and my op was next day,

I had no sickness or anything, takes a few days for the 'gas' to get out your system so prepare to have some hhmm flatulence/wind/farting for a bit afterwards.

I had first one when I was a kid and didn't have a choice, I can understand as a adult when you have read/seen so much reported about things you would be worried, but its actually a very nice experience if you let it be!

the anaesthetists are fab, they have to be, so they are very careful and experienced.. xxx
katie
katie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1454

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 12th October 2009, 3:59 pm

I was exactly the same hun! petrified but i actually loved it you could ask for a pre med as well I had one and it really calmed me down infact i think it was the only way they got me down to theatre lol.

x x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 12th October 2009, 5:49 pm

I can understand your worries but honestly its actually quite an enjoyable feeling in my opinion! Like Cakey said maybe a pre-med might be a good idea - calm your nerves before actually going down to theatre.
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down