Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie - Op Booked & Now worried!!

+4
misf1
butterfly7713
sarahdawn31
Madison-Rio
8 posters

Go down

Newbie - Op Booked & Now worried!! Empty Newbie - Op Booked & Now worried!!

Post by Madison-Rio 9th May 2011, 8:16 pm

Hi Ladies, I hope I'm posting this in the right forum?? I only joined yesterday and still navigating around the site!! Anyway, I'll start from the beginning. I've wanted a 'boob job' for a while now as after bf 2 children they just weren't what they used to be. I decided to go with Transform as they had a consultation clinic 45 mins away and travelling was difficult for me with the kids/work etc. So I had my consultation on Saturday, saw Dr Kuna, booked my op and paid my deposit!! I then discovered this site and am now worried that I may have rushed into it? I thought I'd done research but obviously not! I've searched the site and have only found good things about him but am wondering if I should have seen more surgeons/companys? What do you girls think?

I didn't feel pressured to book right away but the consultant said that if i had the op b4 the end of May I'd get £350 knocked off taking it down to £3650. I said I didn't want it that early as I was going on holiday but she spoke to her manager and said that if I paid for the op b4 the end of May I'd get the discount. I was happy with this and booked. I'm now realising this was probably a sales tactic? Should I have waited and haggled?

Dr Kuna said that the biggest implant I could have is a 380cc and they would be under the muscle. He also said I was borderline for needing an uplift but he wouldn't do this at the same time as the implant as he didnt think i would need it for 5-10 years?! But if i was unhappy after the op or I had excess skin they'd look at it again.

Can you give me some advice? Thanks xxx

Madison-Rio
Madison-Rio
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 11

Back to top Go down

Newbie - Op Booked & Now worried!! Empty Re: Newbie - Op Booked & Now worried!!

Post by sarahdawn31 9th May 2011, 9:11 pm

Hi and welcome!
Honestly if you have any doubts I would consider a second consult with someone else, I know that the clinic may be convieniant because its close however, it wont be so convienant if you arent happy with the final result.
As for maybe needing a lift, I would look further into that... and get another opinion.
Having your boobs done is a big deal and I am sure you want to get them right and not have the worry or the cost associated with having a re-op.
I also suggest that you bring in photos into your consults of how you would like to look so that you can show then to the ps and they can determine what cc's you will need to achieve that look.
Dont worry, there is lots of support here to help you through the process, just make sure you feel confident in your pre op consults and with the ps you choose.
xx
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by Madison-Rio 9th May 2011, 9:31 pm

I'm also worried about the price, my limit really was £4000 so to have to pay for uplift also scares me!! Not sure what to do?!! x
Madison-Rio
Madison-Rio
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly7713 9th May 2011, 9:36 pm

Hi, Have you paid in full and how long ago as I wonder if you are not completely happy if you have a 14 day cancellation period. I went with MyBreast and I remember there being something like that that permitted me to cancell if I changed my mind about the surgery, I may be wrong hun but might be worth checking your paparwork.

I am sure everthing will be ok though and you are just feeling worried because you have just made a big decision. Did you feel comfortable with the surgeon as although it's generally a good idea to have a few consultations I felt so at ease with my ps imediately that I knew he was the one I wanted to do my surgery. I would definately look into the borderline uplift scenario though hun and whether it will be offered to you as a re-op that isn't at your cost if you do end up with excess skin etc as that's the last thing you want to be having to deal with.

Good luck, you will get lot's of help and advice on here xx
butterfly7713
butterfly7713
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 631

Back to top Go down

Post by Madison-Rio 9th May 2011, 9:43 pm

HI, no just paid the £250 deposit. I haven't looked into cancelling or cooling off period, I think I was happy to go for it as I was so excited!! The surgeon - Mr Kuna, wasn't very talkative but he seemed to understand what I wanted. He showed me a pic an op he done with someone who he thought had similar boobs to mine and I was impressed. I think I need to give the consultation person (don't know the forum slang yet lol) a ring and ask a few questions about the uplift etc!! Mr Kuna seems to have good reviews so that's put my mind at ease x
Madison-Rio
Madison-Rio
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 9th May 2011, 9:46 pm

if you do have a BA alone and find out after you need an uplift, is the surgeon willing to do this for free or has he given you a quote of how much extra it would be? Have you paid the full amount? You can cancel and get a full refund less the deposit I believe although you would have to check their cancellation policy. The only reason I am saying this is, if you do have a BA and dont have an uplift and may need one you could end up with exess skin, what this would mean is the implant will sit high and the breast tissue will still sag over it, but it would depend how badly? I think you need to see other surgeons and see what you feel would be the best choice. Price isn't always the best reason, you may have to wait a little longer if you did need to save the extra. I really can't advise you as I have not been in your situation, but I would think seeing other surgeons even if it's just to put your mind at ease that your current surgeon has chosen the best option for you.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 10th May 2011, 3:15 am

I completely agree with Misf, having to have a re-op could end up costing a lot more in the long run... so I would definately consider a second opinion and trying to save more if need be.
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th May 2011, 10:02 am

Madison-Rio wrote:I didn't feel pressured to book right away but the consultant said that if i had the op b4 the end of May I'd get £350 knocked off taking it down to £3650. I said I didn't want it that early as I was going on holiday but she spoke to her manager and said that if I paid for the op b4 the end of May I'd get the discount. I was happy with this and booked. I'm now realising this was probably a sales tactic? Should I have waited and haggled?

Yup! You sure did get suckered in babes, if you'd push them a little at anytime you'd have had a discount whatever date you would have booked your op - They played the game with you and won sweetheart, the patient co-ordinators have no medical training at all, they're there to make you feel special and to nail the deal - a sales woman that 'did' pressure you into booking your surgery by dangling a carrot right in front of you.

Dr Kuna said that the biggest implant I could have is a 380cc and they would be under the muscle. He also said I was borderline for needing an uplift but he wouldn't do this at the same time as the implant as he didnt think i would need it for 5-10 years?! But if i was unhappy after the op or I had excess skin they'd look at it again.

Yeah, i can give you some advice sweetness...

That consultation screams... DONT DO IT!

Misf1 has already given you fab advice! as well as the other ladies here.

Firstly, I'd go back to your surgeon and ask him outright - "If I do neeed a lift after this surgery, will you be paying for the extra cost of a free re-op to perfom the lift needed to repair the breast? If you only get 5 years from this surgery, will they pay for a re-op then even though you're out of you'll then be outside of your after-care policy?"

If he answers YES, then ensure this is written in your notes and DEFINATELY ask to see what is written in your notes - If your surgeon just says yes, that's NOT good enough babe, IF you do need a re-op, what your surgeon 'said' will not be taken into consideration, what is WRITTEN in the notes will be what is used for the clinic management to make a decision on so it's VERY important not to accept any verbal agreement, you want what's said in writing.

If your surgeon answers NO... Transform will NOT cover a lift if you need one late I'll tell you that
now hunni, you won't find any clinic that will do a BA and lift for
£4,000 babes anywhere!, you're looking at possibly £6000+ and if this
surgery does go wrong because you've been badly advised, you better
start saving your pennies gorgeous 'cos from the sound of things because
you've been warned you are borderline uplift and told you may need
surgery later and you still chose to press on, you'll be out on a limb
hunni and they won't give a toss how that leaves you feeling. They'll
tell you how much the extra cost of a lift is and then sweetheart,
unless you can find the extra money that they'll want for the extra
surgery you'll be left how you are until you can afford to have it
fixed.

I'd also have a second consultation as well sweetie, then compare the two surgery plans.

You need to at least see one other surgeon before going ahead with things just for your own peace of mind hun. Take in what has been said, if a lift is the best option to give you best look and to maintain your boobs for a long time to come then it might be better for you to cancel your surgery till you can raise the extra funds needed.

I'm sure you'd rather suffer a little now to save the extra needed than suffer a lot later if this op doesn't go to plan.

You want reassurance hun! You want positivity! You want a hell of a lot longer than 5 years from your surgery! If you do decide this isn't the right plan or time for you and Transform do refuse you your deposit, I'd take that as a lesson learned sweetness and not be pushed into this surgery and be left with the possibility of having to find a hell of a lot of money to fix things anytime within a 5 year period, 'cos that's what you're possibly looking at hun and you should definately expect more and not settle for a short term asthetic look that has no longevity possibly leaving you with huge amount of money to find in the short term.

I'm so sorry sweetie, all these posts probably have you so upset right now Newbie - Op Booked & Now worried!! 571992 but everyone just wants the best for you and is looking out for your best interests...

If you need to lose a couple of hundred quid and have to start over to save for the surgery needed, then that might be your best option hunni rather than to be possibly be left with boobs that don't look too pretty but they're what you agreed to as you were warned... Then you have to find MORE money for an uplift.

Just think carefully babe.
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kezza85 10th May 2011, 10:16 am

Hun you have a 7 day cooling off period with transform. And yes you need to haggle sweet !! x x x x
kezza85
kezza85
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 532

http://www.decalz.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Madison-Rio 10th May 2011, 10:38 am

Thanks girls, yes I am upset but thanks for the great advice and for tellin me exactly wat I need 2 do. I'm just reading quickly as I'm about to pick my daughter up from school but I'll have a better read & reply tonight when I get 5 mins peace lol!! xx
Madison-Rio
Madison-Rio
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 10th May 2011, 10:45 am

Oh Misf1 and Cookie what would we do without you guys. I love your honesty and I so wished I'd had you guys around when I had my first BA. Madison read and re-read what our lovely moderators have said here coz it's all good honest advice. They are not here to be "yes" and none of us need "yes" people at this delicate time of decision making.

I was so lucky for my recent reop to have an amazing surgeon. I only ever saw HIM, no sales people just HIM and his good honest advice. He knew last year during my consultation I didn't have the money, he just said (and rightly so) come back to see me when that's all sorted. He never offered me discounts if I booked today and he didn't offer me a good rate of interest on a loan. However last week I got the best care and attention I could have wanted. He even insisted I stay for the whole of the next day to ensure I got an additional lot of antibiotics (that had to be injected) and I'm sure as he told me to stay until at least 4.30pm that day that he would have had to cover the cost to the hospital for rendering my room unavailable that night. He cared enough to want to do the very best for me, unlike some of these places who just want your money!

Good luck hun, you have soooo found the right forum to get all the help advice and honesty you could possible need....and it's FREE xxx
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2309

Back to top Go down

Post by kezza85 10th May 2011, 11:38 am

Just thinking maybe book to see another ps at the same clinic as all ps are completly different with opinions. That way you can get another opinion but not lose anymoney ?? x
kezza85
kezza85
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 532

http://www.decalz.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Madison-Rio 10th May 2011, 7:24 pm

Thanks so much for all this, I'm really glad I found this site coz I would have just went ahead without thinking about what my boobs were gona b like afterwards. I'm going to read through the posts carefully and take some bits out and put it into an email to the coordinator if you don't mind? Then I'll speak to her tomorrow. My op's booked for the 8th July and I went for my consultation on sat so if I have a 7 day cooling off I've still got some time. I might look into having a consultation with another surgeon there? I spoke to a girl I know today who went with a company called Absolute Beauty (never heard of them) and she says they were fantastic. She had a teardrop implant, uplift and nipples done for £6000. She went with them as her mam has her botox done there!! I might look at these also. xx
Madison-Rio
Madison-Rio
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 10th May 2011, 7:41 pm

Hiya,

I am in a different situation to you but i am at the point where i should have an uplift but my surgeon doesnt want to at the moment. I do currently have a slight overhang of my skin from my implants and my nipples do sit a bit to low. However i have fullness i never had before. My surgeon said he would do the uplift if i wanted but then it would need repeated in 10-15yrs so he suggested to leave it just now and just do it in the future. They look alook better naked than they did so i am happy xx
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by Madison-Rio 10th May 2011, 7:45 pm

Hi, why would he not do an uplift if you don't mind me asking? I'm so confused lol, there's so much to think about!! xx
Madison-Rio
Madison-Rio
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Madison-Rio 10th May 2011, 7:50 pm

This is the e-mail I am sending to the coordinator, do you think this sounds ok?

I had an appointment at the Carlisle Clinic on 7th May and after further thought and discussion with other ladies I have some concerns and issues.

Mr Kuna said that I was borderline for needing an uplift, but perhaps not for 5 years. So this means that I might only get 5 years out of my surgery and then have to have another op at a cost of £5000+. He then said that if i was unhappy with the result or had excess skin he would look at it again. Would it be offered to me as a re-op that isn't at my cost if I do end up with excess skin etc as that's the last thing I want to be having to deal with. How much extra would an uplift be?

If you do have implants and don't have an uplift this would mean is the implant will sit high and the breast tissue will still sag over it, is this correct?

I think I may need to see other surgeons and see what I feel would be the best choice. I'm a little concerned that I may have booked the surgery without doing full research and looking at all my options. I have looked on websites and found some info on Mr Kuna and everyone has spoken highly of him. I'm just worried that I am paying so much money for an operation that might not be perfect and then I will have to pay more money towards an uplift.

Thanks

Madison-Rio
Madison-Rio
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down