Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

overs and unders?

+2
pinkbabe
bumblebabe
6 posters

Go down

overs and unders? Empty overs and unders?

Post by bumblebabe 17th March 2010, 8:56 pm

i am still quite confused over all of this,
i no what they both are now but what is the difference,
as in do they feel different under than over to the touch?,
do they look different?,
is the healing time the same?
does the skin stay the same?
oooh so many questions sorry overs and unders? 476424
bumblebabe
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 694

Back to top Go down

overs and unders? Empty Re: overs and unders?

Post by pinkbabe 17th March 2010, 9:01 pm

I cant advise to much on unders (i had overs) but unders take longer to recover from and usually take longer to soften and drop into place. Also I've heard you lose 10% of the size with implants too. The skin stretches with either. I've never felt unders so dont know if they feel any different but I wouldnt think theres that much difference. x
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 17th March 2010, 9:14 pm

I have also had overs so not sure what to advise for unders apart from what I have learned on here. Unders are apparently a bit firmer and move a bit less than overs, if the placement is right for the person then I don't think they should look too different from each other. The only problem is when overs are given to a girl with little natural breast tissue of her own and that is when overs can have that overly round "fake" look that is so much dreaded. If you have enough tissue for overs they can look just as natural as unders, some would even argue more so because of how naturally they move. Your skin will stretch with either placement but bio-oil or vitamin E oil can help there. Unders take a bit longer to heal up because of the trauma to the muscle.

Hope this helps!

Jess x
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 17th March 2010, 9:22 pm

Oh no I had overs too so not helpful with a comparison. There are pros and cons to both unders and overs, there is also a 3rd option which is partially under the muscle at the top and just under the gland (as with overs) at the bottom. All placements are slightly firmer than real breast tissue. The healing time can be slightly longer with full unders maybe even partials as it's a more invasive operation moving and creating a pocket with muscle. The skin stretches the same with all placements, but there is slightly more of a chance of rippling with over the muscle placement, although it can still happen with the other placements.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by claire265 17th March 2010, 9:23 pm

Hi,
What the girls have said re unders is right. I have unders and they were fairly painful for a couple of weeks after the op. I was advised to have them as although I did have enough tissue for overs the tissue was quite thin at the top after 3 pregnancies so my surgeon though unders would be less obvious. Unders take longer to settle - I would say a good 5/6 months before mine felt soft and like normal boobs. they are still a bit firm at the top where the muscle is raised but they are still very squishy and natural feeling. I have seen great looking overs and unders and bad overs and unders. It really depends on the individual and the look you want. What I will say is that people tend to assume that overs give you a more fake look but with unders as the muscle is holding the implant in place if you go for a big implant the likelihood is that the muscle will hold it quite high up which can look quite fake too.

Claire x
claire265
claire265
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 312

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebabe 17th March 2010, 9:27 pm

do you have the same thing put in with uppers and unders just in different place?
bumblebabe
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 17th March 2010, 9:33 pm

Same implant, just in a different pocket created by the surgeon, I think this might be useful for you hun [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It explains the placements in detail, it has diagrams as well, but they don't seem to be working on my computer, but they might work on yours.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebabe 17th March 2010, 9:35 pm

how long do they normally take to drop?
bumblebabe
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 17th March 2010, 9:36 pm

bumblelady wrote:i am still quite confused over all of this,
i no what they both are now but what is the difference,
as in do they feel different under than over to the touch?,

No, once softened, both unders and overs feel the same.

do they look different?,

No, not if the correct placement for the individual person has been chosen correctly.

is the healing time the same?

No - Unders will take longer to heal due to having to go under the muscle.

does the skin stay the same?

The skin stretches with both placements, as the skin relaxes the result in how your skin looks will be just as it is pre-op, no different.

bumblelady wrote:do you have the same thing put in with uppers and unders just in different place?

Yes, the same implant can be used for either unders or overs. xxxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 17th March 2010, 9:41 pm

bumblelady wrote:how long do they normally take to drop?

It's too difficult to answer, everyone seems to be different, some ladies boobs settle into position quite quickly while others take a few months. They say unders take longer, but I had overs and mine took longer than some unders girls. It really does depend on the individual. If I had to give a time frame I'd go for 3-6 months
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down