Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Telling my mum......eeek!

+8
Mia X
Grace
xxmissknightxx
sin_oli_x
JoanneR85
NurseSophie89
pinkbabe
lucy86
12 posters

Go down

Telling my mum......eeek! Empty Telling my mum......eeek!

Post by lucy86 15th March 2010, 4:39 pm

Hi girls

Just wondered how some of you told your mums about having a BA??
I'm petrified of telling mine because I know she's dead against me going through an operation out of choice and she doesn't think theres anything wrong with the ones I've got! I have been thinking about this for a long time though and at the age of 24 I figured I'm big enough and ugly enough to make up my own mind!lol

Any advice would be great! x
lucy86
lucy86
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 27

Back to top Go down

Telling my mum......eeek! Empty Re: Telling my mum......eeek!

Post by pinkbabe 15th March 2010, 4:47 pm

I told my mum a long time ago when I was 16 or 17 that I would one day have a ba so I dont think it came as a total shock when I got serious about it 2years ago, although I dont think she thought I'd ever really do it.

I would just sit her down and explain that you are doing it for you and no one else. Tell her that you understand her concerns but its your body and you need to do what feels right for you.

My mum was the same saying I didnt need it and I was perfect the way I was (typical mum stuff) As long as you know its what you want and have done your reserch thats the main thing hun. x
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy86 15th March 2010, 5:15 pm

Thanks pinkbabe! I've mentioned it to her in the past but shes always said the usual like 'dont be silly' or 'you'll live to regret it'. I'm more scared of telling her than actually having the op lol x
lucy86
lucy86
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 15th March 2010, 5:20 pm

Hey lucy, my mum was entirely against me having the BA, it even resulted in some full blown arguments! She too thinks the boobs I have are fine. However, after she saw how much i'd actually researched it and how much I knew about it she was impressed, she realised it wasnt just a 'silly wee idea' as she'd previously put it, and is now much better about it. Not 100% onboard but about 90% which is good enough for me considering our normal relationship lol!

So take the plunge babe, show her how much you know about it and how serious you are and she'll be mad not to support you! Bring her along to your consultation with you too(if u havnt already had it) and that'll help put her mind at ease too! Hope this helps and good luck!!!

Soph xx Telling my mum......eeek! 67188
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1920

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanneR85 15th March 2010, 8:06 pm

I first told my parents about six years ago, for as long as I can remember I have wanted my boobs doing, they found out because while I was away at University in London I booked to see a surgeon but cancelled for some reason they sent paper work to my home address. My parents totally freaked out and it caused a few problems. Over the years I have researched more and been open about having it done. They will never except it nor understand. Last year I went to a few consulations which my Mum knew about and she told my Dad. A year later I have not mentioned it til the other day, Mum actually thought I had forgot. My friend was meant to be supporting me but she ditched me last year so I have asked my Mum if she will be there with me. The only thing I need to do is now inform my Dad or get her to do it because if I go ahead and she comes with me and then my Dad finds out after the event they could be fireworks and the last thing I want to do is cause problems.

I would have a chat with her. I broke it to her the first time by mentioning the topic of cosmetic surgery and went from there. It is daunting but I am pretty sure if you do the research and tell her this is what you want then I can't see her having any problem supporting you although it may take a while for her to come round and even then she may just say you don't need it.

My Mum asked me if you can still breast feed my answer I never want to breast feed, although I was told you still can. She said you really want those things in you. She doesn't agree with messing around with your body unless you really need to.
JoanneR85
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 187

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy86 15th March 2010, 10:27 pm

Thanks for your replies girls :)

I can really sypathise with you Joanne. I have mentioned it to my mum in passing over the years but I think she thinks ive forgotten about it too. I know once I do tell her she'll be firing questions at me like know ones business, which I'm really not looking forward too. I kind of feel like I'm dissapointing her in a way aswell which I dont want to do but I think she'll see it like that.

Thanks for all your advice though! I'll let you knwo how it goes Telling my mum......eeek! 476424 x
lucy86
lucy86
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sin_oli_x 16th March 2010, 10:16 am

i went about it completley the wrong way, she always knew i wanted it done for years and was against it. when i had it done i told her i was staying in my boyfriends for a week and on the day i came home i phoned and told her. i felt awful but i didnt want her to worry about me having the op. thats the bit she was worried about. my dad still doesnt know at all though! if i was you id be truthfull and sit her down and explain everything to her. shes your mam she will stick by you xxx
sin_oli_x
sin_oli_x
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 104

Back to top Go down

Post by xxmissknightxx 16th March 2010, 2:25 pm

well i just said to my mum i was having a BA she said righto, she didnt belive me cause im a ultra wimp, she went away for 3 days come home and i was in living room with boobies lol she just laughed and said brave girl that was it :D good luckxx
xxmissknightxx
xxmissknightxx
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 259

Back to top Go down

Post by Grace 16th March 2010, 5:27 pm

Hi Lovely
My mum and dad are not impressed about it and continue to be unsupportive. Like Joanne my mum says things like you dont want those things inside you and unhelpful comments like that.
I know that mums say things like that because they want to protect us and dont understand why we would choose to go through with an op thats not required because of an illness or something but it is one of those things.
My dad said that I would come to regret it and that I would be left a freak when it stops being the done thing to do, whatever that means.
Wishing you good luck and use the girls on here as they really helped me and continue to help me with my mum!
Lots of love
Grace
xxx
Grace
Grace
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 605

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia X 17th March 2010, 7:29 pm

Hello, im having the same trouble!! im only in the stages of having consultations, altho been considering this for years!!
My mam is the worrying type, I know that when/if I tell her she will be saying "dont be silly you dont need one, you cant afford t, you need your money for more important things, boob jobs can go wrong and you dont know what will happen in years to come or if you could afford it in years to come blablaBLA!!
Telling my mam is the only thing holding me back to be honest!!
xxx
Mia X
Mia X
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 546

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 17th March 2010, 9:39 pm

My mum at first did not take me seriously - I'd been moaning on and off about my boobs for years and saying I was going to have a BA in jest but she only really started taking me seriously when I went to a few consults and really sat down with her and told her I was going through with it. She dealt with it by ignoring the issue at first - I would try to talk to her and she would change the subject! That continued until the day of the op, although she was quietly supportive by doing things like getting arnica for me etc, an finding out where to get my v-pillow. It was after my op that she really surprised me, I called her from my hospital bed and she said she could hear how happy I was in my voice and how pleased she was for me. She has said similar things since which really surprised me.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is try to make the effort to tell her and get across to her how important it is to you, you might be pleasantly surprised by her reaction. If her reaction is a bad one though, don't be put off, keep focussed about your reasons for having it and stay strong!

Jess xx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by zoeb 17th March 2010, 10:00 pm

I haven't told my mum yet. At 36 you would think i could tell her lol but I can't!!! I will do it, but am not going to give her long to worry about it, so will keep putting it off for now!!
x
zoeb
zoeb
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 680

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy86 17th March 2010, 10:02 pm

Jessica wrote:Anyway, what I'm trying to say is try to make the effort to tell her and get across to her how important it is to you, you might be pleasantly surprised by her reaction. If her reaction is a bad one though, don't be put off, keep focussed about your reasons for having it and stay strong!

Jess xx

Thanks Jessica! You've literally just made me feel tons better whatever her reaction is! xx
lucy86
lucy86
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy86 17th March 2010, 10:05 pm

Mia X wrote:Hello, im having the same trouble!! im only in the stages of having consultations, altho been considering this for years!!
My mam is the worrying type, I know that when/if I tell her she will be saying "dont be silly you dont need one, you cant afford t, you need your money for more important things, boob jobs can go wrong and you dont know what will happen in years to come or if you could afford it in years to come blablaBLA!!
Telling my mam is the only thing holding me back to be honest!!
xxx

Mia my mum is exactly the same! and I imagine she will say EXACTLY the same things to me lol. Telling my mum is the only thing stopping me from really looking forward to my BA day at the moment so I'm definitley going to try and do it soon! Good luck hun, I'll let you know how I can on.........if I'm still alive afterwards! xx
lucy86
lucy86
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia X 17th March 2010, 11:39 pm

Haha, yes let me know, i'll let you know how it goes with me. I think i'll wait till ive had my meeting with surgeon first, then I will think about how to tell her.
Probs best to get her on her own.... on a good day.
Shame she doesnt drink or id do it when she'd had afew!! ha xx
Mia X
Mia X
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 546

Back to top Go down

Post by lea1983 17th March 2010, 11:51 pm

Hey I had my first B.A when I was 19 and like you was petrified about telling mum at first she was not happy and tried to talk me out of it even cried but when it came to it she was the one that came with me and stayed at hotel and took me home she was great with me even asked too see them !!!! Telling my mum......eeek! 113752 Im now a mummy and I think you just dont want to see your child put themselves through what seems to you like unnecessary danger and hurt but at the end of the day she will be there for you even if it takes a few days xxxxxxxx
lea1983
lea1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 336

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy86 25th March 2010, 9:27 pm

Hey girls

Well I've literally just told my mum! I really don't think shes keen on the idea and came out with all the usual things like you dont need them, you'll atract the wrong attention from guys all that kind of stuff! Feel so much better for telling her though!

Thanks for all your advice girls :) xx
lucy86
lucy86
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbabe 25th March 2010, 9:51 pm

Glad you finally told her hun. Just give her some time to take it in now and I bet she comes round. x
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by zoeb 25th March 2010, 9:53 pm

Well done :)
I need to tell mine soon!! and my 12 year old son... not sure which will be worse lol !!
x
zoeb
zoeb
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy86 25th March 2010, 10:01 pm

Thanks pinkbabe!

Good luck Zoe! I've spent the last 4 weeks trying to pluck up the courage and find the right time to tell her! I ended up telling her just as I was about to get in the shower in the end lol. I got myself so worked up when I was planning on telling her taht I thought I should just come out with it! She's not happy and said its not necessary but I pointed out loads of stuff in life isnt!!! lol xx
lucy86
lucy86
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lauraslovelycurves 25th March 2010, 10:14 pm

my mum has disowned me since havin my boob job, and has told me i look like a cheap whore, but tbh i dnt want anythin 2 do wiv her if thats what she thinks of me. u will see my fave top when my pic goes up, and she crossed the road as she didnt want 2 be seen wiv me, i hope your mums are more supportive
lauraslovelycurves
lauraslovelycurves
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by zoeb 26th March 2010, 8:01 pm

Hi Lucy/girls,

I have just done a really cowardly thing and sent my mum a text (long one) explaining about my BA. I know it is wrong and a bad way to do it, but i just can't get the words out when I see her and I really don't want to hear her gut reaction!! Much rather she had time to simmer down first! No reply as yet....oooooooops.

However, i have also sat my 12 yr old boy down and told him, we had a chat about it and he was very chilled. Just wanted reassuring that his mum wasn't going to come in looking like Katie Price lol, bless him.

Can't stop looking at the phone now :(

xx
zoeb
zoeb
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 27th March 2010, 6:12 pm

Zoe bless your son!! All his mates will wanna come for a 'visit' to get a look at Zoe the MILF!!! Telling my mum......eeek! 991311 hehe xx
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1920

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanneR85 27th March 2010, 9:32 pm

I came in from work tonight from an 8 hour shift and my parents were both in bed watching TV and my Dad goes so why do you want a boob job?
I tried to explain but he kept saying well I have had to live with certain parts of myself that I didn't like. I really don't think he's grasping the why. He got that I was doing it for me and no-one else.
JoanneR85
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 187

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down