Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice needed on placement

+15
BoobiePrize
Tilly
sars3dd
COOKIE
hattie260
mum23boys
Stephy x
*Sally*
angelkitten1
misf1
mizzpink23
eastla
Cally
Jessica
Funkygirl
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Advice needed on placement Empty Advice needed on placement

Post by Funkygirl 3rd February 2010, 11:01 am

Hi everyone,

I really really need some help and advice please ladies...

As some of you know I had a second consultation with Mybreast on Monday with Mr Liew, just to clarify a few things including size and more importantly the placement as he recc overs for me and another surgeon I had seen at MYA had said unders for me. I just needed to understand why he said overs and he said it's because I have enough breast tissue and overs will get me a nice natural cleavage and reduce the gap between my breasts. The consultation went very well, he's a great surgeon with all the relevant qualifications and experience I want and he makes me feel very comfortable and safe in his hands. Just to recap he has recc 300, overs, round and extra high projection.

I had a consultation with Mr Giovinazzo at Transform yesterday, and it has left me very worried, scared and confused. Mr Giovinazzo recc unders for me and the reason is because I'm very slim I haven't got enough breast tissue and he said overs would greatly increase my risk of complications and rippling. He said there is no Q that the bridge of the implant would be very very visible (and even said like Victoria Beckham!) and I would be back with rippling. He was adament that even if I paid him now and wanted overs, he would turn me away as to him it is unders for me no question.

Furthermore, Mr Giovinazzo gave me all the time I needed, and I was very impressed with his consultation. He is softly spoken, very informative and made me very comfortable. When I told him that another surgeon had recc overs, his exact words were "I can't say anything against any of my collagues, I respect them all, and I can only speak from my expertise and experience. So, for you I would not touch you with overs as there is a very high risk of complications and rippling, as you simply don't have enough breast tissue."

I do understand, that with any BA there is a risk of complications, but now I'm very worried that overs will put me at a higher risk than unders. I just don't know what to think, Mr Liew is a great surgeon, BAAPS and BAPRAS registered, with Mybreast and in person is a great and if i'm honest is my surgeon of choice. I also liked Mr Giovinazzo, but I just feel for me Mr Liew is the best surgeon. My mum and OH have also met Mr Liew and got a very good impression of him.

But now i just feel really sick and confused, has anyone been in this situation, can anyone offer any advice, I feel really down and scared now, has anyone of a similar size to me had overs?

I'm 5"3, 7 stone 3, BWD = 11cm, Im a 30 band size and between an A and B cup, A cup is too small and the B cup is alittle big.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks so much girls Advice needed on placement 184153
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2196

Back to top Go down

Advice needed on placement Empty Re: Advice needed on placement

Post by Jessica 3rd February 2010, 11:32 am

To be honest hun, if I were you I would go with the unders recommendation, because even if there were any question of rippling etc I wouldn't want to go into having my BA worrying about that. You know, coming round from the op and in the weeks afterwards I would constantly be looking for rippling because of what other surgeons had said to you RE overs and rippling. If you really like Mr. Liew, can't you ask him if he would give you partials?

Jess xx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by Cally 3rd February 2010, 11:42 am

Hi hun, I'm absolutely no expert, but the surgeon I saw yesterday said that although I was on the "cusp", I could have either unders or overs. However his personal recommendation for me was to have unders due to me having a slight frame like yourself, and to limit the things that Mr Giovinazzo appears to have concerns over for you. xx
Cally
Cally
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 446

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 3rd February 2010, 12:01 pm

Thanks girls,

I completely understand your advice, i still just don't understand why a surgeon like Mr Liew at Mybreast, would recc overs to me if there is an increased risk of complications and rippling. I haven't stated a preference of placement because I want a particular look, in my eyes they are the experts and I will go with whatever they decide.

I just feel that if there was an increased risk, surely Mr Liew would recc partials or unders, not be sure that I have enough breast tissue and that overs is fine for me. I'm just wondering if it is the skill of the surgeon maybe, or god I just don't know. I'm very anxious right now and tired as I hardly slept last night with worry Advice needed on placement 304294 x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by eastla 3rd February 2010, 12:20 pm

Hi

I too was told I could have overs or unders by the first surgeon, however 2nd and 3rd surgeons recommended partial unders.

3rd surgeon said I could get away with overs but could get rippling and also as the skin thins as you get older that they may look great for 4 or 5 years but then there is a good chance that you will start to see the implant on the upper pole.

It's a difficult one to decide on as everyone says "trust your surgeon" but when you are being told different things it's hard to know which surgeon to trust !

Sorry I can't be of any more help hope you can come to a decision both you and your chosen surgeon would be happy with.

Perhaps mention to Mr Liew that you have been advised that overs may not be the best result for you, and the reasons you were given and see what he says ... ? xx

Good luck Advice needed on placement 113752
eastla
eastla
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 803

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 3rd February 2010, 12:49 pm

Thanks eastla,

It's true people do say trust your surgeon and I do trust Mr Liews judgement, but of course with what other surgeons are saying, it's very confusing and worrying to me Advice needed on placement 727885

I rang Mybreast this morning and asked for Mr Liew to phone me, so I guess i just have to wait for him to call.

x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzpink23 3rd February 2010, 1:53 pm

hi ya hun, how confusing for you! x well coz we are both very similar stats i personally think go with the unders, as ive been told i can only have unders as im slim and little breast tissue. its your choice at the end of the day but i wouldnt want the extra worry of more risks that could be associated with overs , good luck which ever decision you choose hun xx
mizzpink23
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2048

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 3rd February 2010, 2:04 pm

Which surgeon do you want and feel most comfortable with? by the sounds of it you have chosen Mr Liew and he sounds like a very good and experienced surgeon. Yes you are slim for overs, but I only had a 32A bra before my op and I thought I would have to have unders. But no as long as you have some tissue to cover the implant. You aren't having a big implant where rippling would probably happen, I had 410cc from a 32A and don't have rippling. But yes it is still possible for you. From what you said you have wide set breasts or a big gap in you cleavage, I too have this and I feel unders would have made it worse as I dont find it as easy as some to achieve cleavage but I can with overs.
All surgeons are different. And have different experiences. So there are bound to be ones that prefer the look of unders or have had more complications with overs. I'm sure Mr Liew would not have recomended overs if he didn't think they would give you the best out come for you.
At the end of the day you will have to put your complete faith in one of the surgeons, maybe you could ask Mr Liew what he would do if you did experience rippling and weren't happy or maybe see another surgeon at mybreast and see what they recomend?
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by angelkitten1 3rd February 2010, 2:50 pm

hi hunny i agree with the other girls here that you should go with the surgeon you feel most comfortable with.
i had my 3rd b/a last may, i started out 10 years ago with unders bit changed to overs last year.
i was told i didn't have much tissue and that they could look very fake b ut i decided to take the risk as i felt the pros with overs out weighed the cons.
i wanted my boobs to feel soft and move like natural boobs, i found with the unders that they felt very firm and didn't move much at all.

i now have my overs and a very large implant 700cc, certain positions i am able to see rippling i.e leaning forward etc but i could see exactly the same when i had my 350cc unders.
the only thing now is i have no gap in the middle so i'm having revision surgery to sort this.
go with what you feel is best for you hun and with the surgeon who puts you at ease.
good luck hunny.

xxx
angelkitten1
angelkitten1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1935

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 3rd February 2010, 2:56 pm

Oh honey what a horrid situation to be in. I can totally see why you're having sleepless nights. Before I had my original ba I was under the impression that partial unders give a more natural look but now I'm not so sure especially as I have wide set breasts. You will always get the gap in the middle with unders as the pectoral muscle stops the breasts from pushing together to create a "bum" cleavage.

From your posts I think it sounds as tho you have your heart set on Mr. L. Hopefully when you speak to him he'll be able to put your mind at rest.

Sally xxx
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 3rd February 2010, 3:08 pm

Mizzpink, I know how stressful! I just don't feel like it's my place to say i want this placement or I want that placement, it doesn't matter to me which one i have, I have left it to them, they are the experts after all and know what each individual should have and what's the best for each person. I too wouldn't want the extra worry but I just feel that Mr Liew would not have recc overs if it wasn't the best for me, I mean he's a great surgeon, both on paper and in person. He was very adament that he would not go higher than the 300/330 as it would just be too big and cause me problems in the future. I just need to speak to him again, he is my surgeon of choice if i'm honest and both times i saw him I felt so comfortable and safe in his hands and of course he's a Mybreast surgeon. Still very stressful thou! x x

Misf1, thanks for the reply, I have PM'd you back.

Angelkitten, thanks a lot hun for sharing your experience. I think above all it is the surgeon I trust and feel the most comfortable with and I do with Mr Liew. There hasn't been a bad word about him that i've seen and i've only heard praises, trust me I am very meticulous and have researched extensively lol. Wow hunni 700cc, that's a whooping implant!! Good luck with the revision surgery hun!

x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 3rd February 2010, 3:14 pm

Hi Sally,

Thanks for the comment hun. I did tell Mr Liew that I want to reduce the gap between my breasts, like you it's quite big and I said I'd love a nice natural cleavage. It even went through my silly mind in the early hours, what if Mr Liews has recc overs because I want to reduce the gap, but surely he wouldn't recc overs for this reason and put me at an incraesed risk of complications?!. I'd rather sacrifice the gap reduction but be safe knowing that I wasn't at an increased risk. My gut tells me i'm being silly and he has recc overs because he thinks I have enough breast tissue and it is indeed the best option for me.

I am waiting for him to call, it's all very stressful. You girls are definately helping me from going crazy with worry! I love this forum!

x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephy x 3rd February 2010, 3:30 pm

Hi there,
I was recc Unders by Transform & overs by Mrs Kat at Spire. I never wanted unders because i exercise alot & if you do a lot apparently the muscle can move the implant..& make you look a little weird whilst exercising, kind of makes sence. I have strong chest muscles so overs def the best option. When transform suggested unders it was never suggested about how much breast tissue i had or what my life style was! Anyway......with Mrs Kat she measured me all over & all measured the amount of breast tissue i have, off the top of my head i think it was 3cm. WHich is fine for overs. Did you get measured at all in this way?? There are risks with each style of placement. What do you feel is right for you?? I knew you see xx
Stephy x
Stephy x
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 3rd February 2010, 3:46 pm

Hey Stephy,

Thanks for your advice hun, it really is appreciated.

It's reassuring to know that others have been recc each placement too and i'm not the only one!

Mr Liew did some measurements but i'm not sure what they were. He examined me properly and again in the second consultation, as I wanted him to make sure I was suitable for what he is reccomending.

Your post has really helped, as when Mr Liew calls I will ask him how he knows that I have enough breast tissue and is it something that he measured. I'm intrigued to know now.

It's true like you so rightly say, there are risks with any placement and indeed any BA, and I just don't feel Mr Liew would recc something that may put me at an increased risk, just to give me overs (which I haven't even specified, I really don't mind what I get, they are the experts). I mean he could just as easily say partials or unders, I haven't stated a preference. He just said that overs is the best option for me.

x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mum23boys 3rd February 2010, 6:34 pm

Have you thought about having another consult with a different mybreast surgeon? May just give you a push in the right direction.

I was offered 410 overs from one surgeon and 325 partial unders with areola lift from another. In the end I went for the latter.

x
mum23boys
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 954

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 3rd February 2010, 7:06 pm

I think like mum23boys says a 3rd opinion might settle you're mind. At the end of the day I think your gut instinct will tell you which one to go with.

What about posting in the surgeons and clinics section asking if anyone who has had either of these surgeons minds you looking at their pics? Might help you to make up your mind.

Good luck hun

xxx
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2121

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 3rd February 2010, 7:48 pm

Hi ladies,

Okay so Mr Liew rang me and he was great, he really was. I told him exactly what the other surgeon had said (word for word) and expressed my concern and fears. This is what he replied: (Yes I was frantically scribbling down everything!)

1. You have enough breast tissue for overs, and if there is enough breast tissue then surgeons will opt for overs as opposed to unders. This is because it's not natural for the implant to sit behind the muscle and therefore if there is enough breast tissue (like in my case) overs is the best option. I asked him how he knew that I had enough breast tissue, he said by looking at me and also by pinching the skin and said me being a small B, I definately have enough tissue for overs.

2. For me personally he said, with overs, the implant will blend in better with my nipple position and will make them look nice and natural, but also with some fullness at the top like I want. (I have seen pictures of some ladies on here who have had Mr Liew and he has done a fab job), they too had overs and they look really natural.

3. He said that with these Nagor implants, which are very good quality, they have a great texture so complications such the CC rate is a lot smaller because they are smooth.

4. He performed 98 overs last year and only 2 people came back for correction surgery, and that was because they had a cheaper implant, the risk of complications is very small with this new smoother implant.

5. If I needed a re-op just in case of complications, it would be free. He said there is always a risk of rippling with overs, but since I have enough breast tissue and I am not having a large implant (300cc), the risk is the same as anyone else and he would not have recc overs for me if it wasn't the best option.

6. He stated that the other surgeon may not want to perform overs on me, and that's down to his own personal preference.

7. I have enough skin to cover the implant and it will NOT, he stressed NOT give me the VB look that I really don't want (phew!).

So, there you have it, I feel so much better now after speaking to him, he really has put my mind at rest. He is a great surgeon and I feel very comfortable and safe in his hands and definately trust that he will do a great job. Even during this whole confusion state I was in, my gut instict was still always with Mr Liew, I really clicked with him and I 100% trust his judgement and expertise.

Just spoke to OH and mum too, get their thoughts on it and they too said that I should go with my instict, just like you ladies have said.

His last words were "don't worry, they will look great, you will be very very happy with them!"

Ooooooooh the relief! Now I will be able to sleep peacefully tonight!

Just want to thank all the ladies who helped me see things clearly and made me that little bit less anxious with their comments and advice today. I know I say it a lot, but i don't know what I would do without BJSF and you girlies, actually I do, I would have gone mad with worry!!!

Big hugs xxxxxxxx
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 3rd February 2010, 8:11 pm

Really glad to read you're happy with your choice now after speaking with Mr Liew hunni. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 3rd February 2010, 8:13 pm

Awww thanks hun, and thanks for the comments and the advice, you definately made me feel calmer and less anxious earlier!

I love this forum!!! x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 3rd February 2010, 8:19 pm

You're most welcome sweetie. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 3rd February 2010, 8:21 pm

So nice to here you have settled on a surgeon, hopefully you will get some sleep now xxx
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 3rd February 2010, 8:27 pm

So glad you've spoken to Mr. L. He certainly sounds like he spent plenty of time putting your mind at rest. Early night for you sweetie - catch up on lost sleep! Hug
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilly 3rd February 2010, 8:41 pm

Hi Funkygirl
Only just got on the forum and have just seen your PM. So glad you spoke to him again, you already know my opinions on him and I think what he said to you confirms why I chose him too! I had the same issues and was recommended unders by one and overs by Mr Liew. Soooooo glad you have it sorted in your head!

So when are you booking him???????????
Tillyx
Tilly
Tilly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 217

Back to top Go down

Post by BoobiePrize 3rd February 2010, 8:41 pm

Sounds like Mr L knows he's stuff, that's a loong list of reasons lol!

Do what feels right hun, at the end of the day you're the one who has to live with the boobs ;)
BoobiePrize
BoobiePrize
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3231

Back to top Go down

Post by annefinackapan 3rd February 2010, 8:46 pm

Phew what a stressful day youve had chick !
Ive only just caught this thread and wanted to say how pleased I am you are happy with your final chioce of sugeon and placement .

xx
annefinackapan
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1260

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next