Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long until you wore a normal bra after op?

+7
Drofty
COOKIE
renz
Jade
natalia
hotcaz
Dancing_Diva
11 posters

Go down

How long until you wore a normal bra after op? Empty How long until you wore a normal bra after op?

Post by Dancing_Diva 11th November 2009, 7:22 am

I had my one week appointment yesterday with MYA and she took the dressings off and I just have a little strip over the scars which I have to take off in 5 days. She has said that I need to book for my 7 week appointment after christmas which is fine, but she said I can start wearing a normal underwired bra in 4 weeks, which will mean I am only 5 weeks post op.

Does this sound right to you? i thought you had to wait until 6 /7/8 weeks Post Op? I did question her and she said everything was healing fine and it would be ok? I dont want to risk harming them. How long post op did you wear your sports bras for?

xxx
Dancing_Diva
Dancing_Diva
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 753

Back to top Go down

How long until you wore a normal bra after op? Empty Re: How long until you wore a normal bra after op?

Post by hotcaz 11th November 2009, 7:27 am

i started wearing underwired bras at 3 weeks post op just at weekends and i was fine doing this, i carried on wearing my sports bra during the week for work tho, id say if your scars etc are ok and not sore u should be fine xx
hotcaz
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1848

Back to top Go down

How long until you wore a normal bra after op? Empty Re: How long until you wore a normal bra after op?

Post by natalia 11th November 2009, 7:28 am

i was told 6 weeks i guess u go by what your p/s or the nurse tells u
xx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 11th November 2009, 7:44 am

I've been told 6 weeks but I am going to try and wear my sports bra whenever possible- don't want to do anything that might harm my new pups! x
Jade
Jade
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 772

Back to top Go down

Post by Dancing_Diva 11th November 2009, 8:05 am

Mmm yeah me neither Jade! I think I will do the same, plus these sports bras are sooooo comfy!!! Cant wait to see what my new pups look like in a normal bra though!! How long until you wore a normal bra after op? 543132

I coudlnt believe how small my scars were already either, wait til you get those dressings off Jade its the best!!! How long until you wore a normal bra after op? 204135 xxx
Dancing_Diva
Dancing_Diva
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by renz 11th November 2009, 8:17 am

well my pc said 5/6 weeks but my surgeon said keep on as long as possible and still wearing padding/gorse when wearing underwire for special occasions from week 6.

It really depends, but I preferred finding nice sports bras (marks and spencers currently have gorgeous blue ones) as I knew my lovely boobies would be better protected. Wore sports at night for ages and during the day, but if I did have a special night out or something i'd whip out the fancy bra
renz
renz
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 647

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 11th November 2009, 8:37 am

I wore normal non-wired bras after 4 weeks, but still kept sports bra for bed time, then under-wired at 6 weeks.
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dancing_Diva 11th November 2009, 8:45 am

Thanks girls thats really helpful. She also said I can sit my my bra off during the day for a few hours if I wanted to, but I have visions of my new assets heading south!!! ha ha xx
Dancing_Diva
Dancing_Diva
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 11th November 2009, 9:31 am

Dancing_Diva wrote:I have visions of my new assets heading south!!! ha ha xx

I'm glad you said this! I am a bit worried about having my strapping off- makes me think they are just going to drop because they feel so heavy! x
Jade
Jade
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 772

Back to top Go down

Post by Drofty 11th November 2009, 9:52 am

i was told to wear it for 12 weeks.... =O

i guess i can start wearing a normal bra when going out and stuff now though.. i might keep it a non-wired one though, i too am scared to do anything to damage them =/
Drofty
Drofty
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 11th November 2009, 6:09 pm

I was told by the girls on here not to even go there before my 6 week check as thats what my p.s said. I was soooooo wanting to wear a normal wired bra for a halloween party but i was only 4 weeks post -op i was gutted but then again i dont Know what the 'risks or harm' is in wearing one before your ment to? Anyone no what could happen??????????
Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by SnowWight 11th November 2009, 6:24 pm

I was also wondering about this. I am going out on Friday - 4 weeks post op - and really want to wear a push up bra. Think I may ring my nurse at the clinic and ask her advice. I only want to wear it for a couple of hours max. I can't stay out longer as I am working the next day How long until you wore a normal bra after op? 856466
SnowWight
SnowWight
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Dancing_Diva 11th November 2009, 7:05 pm

My nurse said to me that when I was 5 weeks I would be able to wear any bra any amount of time, she said maybe to wear my sports bra for bed anyway as i will find it more comfortable??? Its funny how much the advice varies!! xx
Dancing_Diva
Dancing_Diva
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 11th November 2009, 8:17 pm

I wore underwire after 6 weeks hun, but if thy said 5 you are obviously healing well enough to do so. I'd do what they say, but if it feels uncomfortable go back to the sports bra and alternate
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by katie 11th November 2009, 9:05 pm

I am ten weeks and still happy to wear racerback sb during day and heavy duty sb at night..

on nights out I have two little soft cups ones which I have worn for the few hours whilst out, and last friday at 9.5 weeks I wore for first time underwired one on night out for few hours... but it is expensive one so very comfy!!!!

I am staying with Sb's for few more months yet except nights out hun!! xxxxxx
katie
katie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1454

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down