Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

most popular unders / overs

+9
*Sally*
nads
mum23boys
samarie24
cakey_baby
Nisey
Jemmy
angelslice
kerry
13 posters

Go down

most popular unders / overs Empty most popular unders / overs

Post by kerry 7th September 2009, 3:26 pm

hi peeps

i was just wondering whats the most popular, unders or overs.

i like the sound of the overs as they give you a more fuller cleveage etc but the down sides to them seem more than the unders which also sound good but then again take less time to recover.......

ive got my consulatations next saturday but would like some info please Drool

thx
x
kerry
kerry
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 146

Back to top Go down

most popular unders / overs Empty Re: most popular unders / overs

Post by angelslice 7th September 2009, 3:35 pm

What size you at the moment hun? Alot of it has to do with how much breast tissue you have and whether you have enough to cover the implant if having overs. Like you say there are pro's and con's with both and your surgeon will let you know the best option for you.
For me I wouldn't have been offered unders as I have too much tissue for it to even be an option xxx
angelslice
angelslice
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 454

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 7th September 2009, 3:37 pm

I don't think it's a case of what you prefer. The ps will decide what is best for your body with the amount of tissue you have.

If you don't have much then s/he will probably recommend unders, if you have enough tissue then you could have overs.
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2948

Back to top Go down

Post by Nisey 7th September 2009, 3:41 pm

The girls who have had both seem to prefer overs as they move more and seem more natural rather than hard/stiff. They can appear more fake to look at though, more rounded at the top.
Getting unders involves a more stressful initial operation and recovery as the muscle is getting cut and interferred with rather than just the breast tissue.
Overs are believed to have a slightly higher risk of complications, but some surgeons say the difference is so small its negligable. If you do develop complications with overs, it's easier for the surgeon to gain access to fix the problem than with unders.
Really there are pros and cons to both. You just have to decide what it is that you hope to achieve as your end result, the look you want, the feel you want, the recovery period, the different risks. I'm sure the surgeon will talk this through with you and advise which placement is best for your body - some girls cant get overs if they have too little breast tissue to start with.
Good luck with the consult - let us know how it goes
xx
Nisey
Banned

Number of posts : 2126

Back to top Go down

Post by kerry 7th September 2009, 3:42 pm

thanks hun, i will see what they recomend next saturday. x either way ill be on the road to some new boobies!!
kerry
kerry
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 7th September 2009, 3:46 pm

Just so you know I haven't had any complications as yet with my overs. The way things are going it's looking good for me too x
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2948

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 7th September 2009, 3:50 pm

As the other have said most of the time its down to the surgeon, in my situation he said i could have gone either way so i chose overs, im sure at your consults they can give you more information on what's the best option good luck!

x x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by kerry 7th September 2009, 3:52 pm

cheers for the info! i will let you know how i get on.

what swayed you to go for overs hun? x
kerry
kerry
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by samarie24 7th September 2009, 3:56 pm

Hey hun, like the others have said it depends a lot on how much breast tissue you have. I found this really useful for info on overs/unders:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hope your consult goes well xx
samarie24
samarie24
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 476

Back to top Go down

Post by mum23boys 7th September 2009, 4:00 pm

I'm having partial unders, hopefully still look quite natural and should be able to get a cleavage with the right kind of bra. x
mum23boys
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 954

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 7th September 2009, 4:01 pm

If im honest because im a whimp and didnt want the pain of unders..lol even though a lot of ladies say it isnt that bad my mum and a friend also had overs and i liked the look of them which swayed me a bit more!

x x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 7th September 2009, 4:13 pm

I would go on at least 2 consults and see what the surgeon's think, like Jemmy said its not usually about what you would prefer, unless you have some good tissue already
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 7th September 2009, 4:17 pm

Having had both I'd say I prefer overs but like the other girls have said hun you often don't get a choice. As for being more natural looking.... I don't think it makes much difference. I have no upper pole fullness at all and would have to wear a really really pushy up bra to get any sign of fakeness.
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by mum23boys 7th September 2009, 4:28 pm

[quote="*Sally*"]As for being more natural looking.... I don't think it makes much difference.[quote]

I didn't mean that having partial unders would look more natural than overs, please don't misunderstand Hug My ps has advised that for me because apparently I've got quite narrow Boobs. x
mum23boys
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 954

Back to top Go down

Post by katie 7th September 2009, 4:44 pm

I just had unders, didn't have a choice as the girls have said above, I didn't have enough breast tissue, so that was one choice I didn't have to make, and it all backed up what my surgeon told me, whom I trusted completely (he was my second consultation,.... as the first surgeon made me run a mile last xmas when I first had the courage to do them, 9 months later I am very very happy with Boobs !)
katie
katie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1454

Back to top Go down

Post by luvjugz 8th September 2009, 11:26 am

I have had both hun - overs first and at my re-aug I had to switch to unders. Overs were so much less painful and recovered really quickly. They were always very squidgy and got great cleavage and moved like natural boobs. Mine did look pretty fake though as they were really round, but that's probably because I am quite slim.
I only had unders 11 days ago so I cant comment on how they are to feel or look at yet as its too soon - they are hard and wierd looking at the mo, lol. However I found them much more painful and recovery is really slow and I'm guessing will be for a while. However, I have been told that on me it would give the more natural looking result and there would be less chance of visible wrinkles etc, just because I didn't have alot to cover it anyway. So if the results are good then I am quite happy with unders, and aslong as I am able to get a cleavage with a bra then I am happy!
Good luck babe

xx
luvjugz
luvjugz
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 351

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 8th September 2009, 4:27 pm

[quote="mum23boys"][quote="*Sally*"]As for being more natural looking.... I don't think it makes much difference.

I didn't mean that having partial unders would look more natural than overs, please don't misunderstand Hug My ps has advised that for me because apparently I've got quite narrow Boobs. x

Ah hun, I didn't take what you said the wrong way at all. When I initially had my ba I was under the impression that unders were the way to go if you want the natural look (I totally didn't do my research!) I think I was recommended unders to start with because of lack of tissue too x
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 8th September 2009, 4:41 pm

i had no choice i had overs but i really love overs bcause of the roundness and fake look u can get with them
xx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by gotsomeboobs 8th September 2009, 10:00 pm

I cant really add to what the girls have already suggested hun. Everybody is different and at your consultations the surgeons will suggest the placement of the implant by looking at how much breast tissue you have huni, and then you can obviously discuss any concerns you have with them xxx
gotsomeboobs
gotsomeboobs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1331

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down