Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP!! unders or overs

+5
mais04
COOKIE
tinkerbell24
CharFaye
emmalou87
9 posters

Go down

HELP!! unders or overs Empty HELP!! unders or overs

Post by emmalou87 6th February 2013, 6:48 pm

Help please girls!

Ive been to see to surgeons now and both said different. 1 suggested overs and the other suggested unders. Could any1 share pics with me please so i can see the difference or share their experiences. I've heard unders are more natural but im thinking maybe they wont give me a cleavage as good in a bra.

Thanks
emmalou87
emmalou87
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 20

Back to top Go down

HELP!! unders or overs Empty Re: HELP!! unders or overs

Post by CharFaye 6th February 2013, 7:05 pm

You would never guess who's were over and who's we're unders Hun, everyone is very different xx
CharFaye
CharFaye
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1240

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 6th February 2013, 7:08 pm

i agree with charfaye i have unders and think they look unnatural at the min xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 6th February 2013, 7:13 pm

As Char said lovely, you'll receive a natural result with either unders or overs given the right placement for 'you' so pictures aren't really going to help with your decision at all babe because the placement you see will be right for that individual person, not for YOU.

It would be best for you to have at least one other consultation lovely, if only for it to be a decider and I would always recommend one consultation at least being with a BAAPS member.

You need to focus on what's right for 'you' Emma and seeking to have a BA that is tailored to your body and the only way you're going to find that is to continue with consultations until you find the surgeon and surgery plan you feel 100a% confident with. This is a big decision hun and one that affect you for many years to come, so take your time, do your homework and get the 'best' for YOUR body hun. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mais04 6th February 2013, 7:48 pm

I wouldn't say either are more natural and would definitely go for another consultation or even 2 more to see what the majority opinion is and decide on which surgeon you trusted most and felt most comfortable with. There's no rush :) xx
mais04
mais04
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1816

Back to top Go down

Post by emmalou87 6th February 2013, 7:52 pm

thanks guys. ive got another consultation 2moro and another on 20th feb. Hopefully i feel more decided after them :)
emmalou87
emmalou87
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hannahp123 6th February 2013, 8:34 pm

I'm in a similar situation Emma. I'm using a well-recommended surgeon and he has recommended overs, as he says I have enough breast tissue but I am a little worried about them looking too fake and not having enough breast tissue (not too sure how you know whether you have enough breast tissue).
hannahp123
hannahp123
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by emmalou87 6th February 2013, 9:02 pm

same here about the breast tissue thing. Have you had more then 1 consultation hannah?
emmalou87
emmalou87
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hannahp123 6th February 2013, 9:09 pm

No I've not. To be honest, I didn't want another surgeon to tell me I need unders cos then I'll just be majorly confused about what to do! I haven't heard one bad report about this surgeon though, only good, so I do trust his opinion but I'm still a little nervous about the breast tissue thing!
hannahp123
hannahp123
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by littlewellies 6th February 2013, 9:41 pm

When I update my trail tomorrow u can see my unders, if u don't have much tissue on top of the chest then unders appear to have got ride of mine completely, unless the ribs come back after swelling goes down but I don't think so xx
littlewellies
littlewellies
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 970

Back to top Go down

Post by emmalou87 6th February 2013, 9:49 pm

can i ask which surgeon you have decided on hannah?
Thanks littlewellies
emmalou87
emmalou87
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hannahp123 6th February 2013, 9:51 pm

Prof Simon Kay at Leeds Spire Emma. How about you?
hannahp123
hannahp123
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 6th February 2013, 9:53 pm

I would have a third consult or go back to your surgeons and ask them to explain why they think overs or unders are best for you. I was lucky that I saw 3 surgeons and all said overs! Good luck hun xx
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by emmalou87 7th February 2013, 9:34 pm

IBeen to see a 3rd surgeon today Mr Persico, i think he defo the right one for me, explained both unders and overs thoroughly and told me pro's and con's of both for my body not just what he proffered. He was totally honest with me I would like a bit bigger implant then he suggests but i guess i got to trust the surgeon. Just need to double check what aftercare they offer at his clinic and if all goes well i could be booked in for March! exciting times ahead.
emmalou87
emmalou87
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th February 2013, 9:39 pm

Mr Persico did my last surgery Emma - he's a decent man babe and I say that sincerely and a good surgeon too lovely. X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by emmalou87 7th February 2013, 9:42 pm

thanks for that cookie good to hear someone else has had him, did you go through canova medical?
emmalou87
emmalou87
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th February 2013, 9:44 pm

He did the surgery through Transform for me lovely. X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hannahp123 7th February 2013, 11:00 pm

Hey Emma,
What did he say? Which one did he think you should have or was decision not made yet?
xx
hannahp123
hannahp123
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ladypom 8th February 2013, 1:50 am

Hey,
I used to be ADAMANT that I wanted overs.
I'm a hairdresser an worried about the time off and the effect coming back to work and having to lift a heavy hairdryer etc. I was also worried about pain, and that I wouldn't be able to achieve enough cleavage and get that pigeon chested look. HOWEVER.
How much cleavage you can achieve is very dependant on your body, what implants you choose and what surgeon. Surgeon is one of the most important things I think. My friend back home had overs, and she was soo dissappinted And Had barely any cleavage at all- due to poor surgeon and wrong choice of implants.Always ask their complication rate during consultation. Tbh- overs are super duper easy to do, so I would be wary of the surgeon that didn't give you the option of unders.
I ended up having unders. Unders aren't completely under the muscle either. IN Australia, you won't find any surgeon that will even do overs anyway! Unless you want 800cc from an a cup only with polyurethane implants anyway lol. It's a lot to do with the complication rate of capsular contracture, bottoming out etc
As from a pain aspect, I chose a surgeon that uses the 24hr rapid recovery technique, as I am a wimpy hypochondriac lol and that was great.
Hope this helps! I did sooooooo much research before I went for my BA! X
ladypom
ladypom
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 8th February 2013, 11:46 am

ladypom wrote:IN Australia, you won't find any surgeon that will even do overs anyway! Unless you want 800cc from an a cup only with polyurethane implants anyway lol. It's a lot to do with the complication rate of capsular contracture, bottoming out etc

I'd personally run a million miles from any surgeon who only chose one placement and obviously if ALL surgeons choose partials they have no care for the actual patients anatomy (we're ALL different) or their lifestyles. For an example, someone who is very muscular or who excercises a lot, partials would be the totally wrong placement for them due to the distortion that occurs when the muscles are so tight.

No one place is right for ALL women. This is a quote from a well respected surgeon, James McDiarmid about choosing a placement. He is a BAAPS/BAPRAS member

James McDiarmid wrote:The decision as to whether an implant is best placed under (usually partial under or dual plane) or over the muscle is one that is best decided at consultation. In general very skinny people with minimal breast tissue do better with implants under the muscle. When implants are behind the muscle they are normally fixed higher and more firmly to the chest wall. They also move when the muscle contracts. I tend to use teardrop shaped (anatomical) implants behind the muscle.

Implants placed in front of the muscle tend to hang, move, feel and (very importantly) age more like a natural breast.
My feeling is that if a patient has the anatomy to support the implant being placed in front of the muscle then this is normally the best place for it. This is after all the natural pocket occupied by the mammary gland. I tend to use round shaped implants in front of the muscle.

An experienced surgeon should be able to advise you appropriately,

And more from James questioned unders or overs

James McDiarmid wrote:The usual answer is that it all boils down to thickness of soft tissue coverage (determined by skin pinch) and to a large extent it does, however there are several other factors which figure in the decision.
This conventional wisdom is largely based prior to the advent of form stable (less ripply) implants and holds very true in extremely thin ladies.

After 20 years of medical practice and 10 years NHS consultant and private practice the basis upon which I take the decision to encourage patients to have either unders (usually partial unders/dual plane) versus overs has evolved quite far.

I do not think that there is a correct plane for every patient indeed certain patients would have a good static (i:e photographic) result with a round or teardrop shaped implant either in front of or behind the muscle.

What I would definitely say to you though is that the enhanced mobility of a subglandular (over) implant means a more natural dynamic result. The implant will move with the breast gland as it is filling the natural plane that the glandular tissue normally occupies.
So an 'over' implant will hang, wobble, feel and age more like a normal breast than an 'under'.

The enhanced tissue adherence seen with 'unders' means that in addition to being prone to move with pec major contraction the implants will tend to be rather fixed to the chest wall and not flop to the side when the patient lies down in bed or on a sun-lounger. This is both an advantage and disadvantage as unders will be more gravitationally stable through this enhanced tissue fixity. It can also make them more prone to development of double-bubble as the breast ages and droops and the implant stays up high.

In a nutshell - for the most natural result go for overs if you can. Unders are great in certain patients but not necessary unless you are super skinny.

A lot of statistics are from American sites that mostly use saline implants, they've only in the last few years started using silicone implants which give a much more natural result going over the muscle with less chance of rippling than they do with saline. We in the UK have been using silicone for years and our surgeons take every woman as an individual and tailor their BA to their body type and also include their lifestyle in their decision also. We get the whole package here.

Last edited by cookie on 8th February 2013, 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edit url)
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hannahp123 8th February 2013, 11:52 am

Thanks Cookie, this is really useful and reassuring :)
hannahp123
hannahp123
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 8th February 2013, 11:56 am

No problem lovely. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ladypom 8th February 2013, 12:02 pm

Hey cookie,
It's amazing how different surgeons are here!! I have friends who are body builders and they look funny when they lift lol
ladypom
ladypom
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 8th February 2013, 12:09 pm

Its because like you say, your surgeons will only use one placement, so the placement your friends have is totally wrong for them, their lifestyle was never taken into account with a one for all attitude. Had they gone over the muscle they wouldn't 'look funny' at all. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by emmalou87 8th February 2013, 10:19 pm

thanks for all that info really helpfull.

Hannah mr persico said due to one breast being slightly bigger than the other he would recommend overs, but if i wanted unders he would. He told me to go away and think about it and we can discuss it again next time i see him for the surgery plan.Think im gonna opt for the overs.
emmalou87
emmalou87
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down