Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overs vs. Unders?

+7
katyp
Liz2011
nikitaw86
misf1
welshvicci123
alexandra33
sweetpoison
11 posters

Go down

Overs vs. Unders? Empty Overs vs. Unders?

Post by sweetpoison 20th October 2011, 3:35 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have been told (via Email lol) that I could do unders round between 310cc and 365cc or it would also be possible to go over but then with 310 cc for it to still look natrual and not stuck on, as that is what I asked for. I am confused with the whole unders and overs. Overs vs. Unders? 267328 For reasons like this I would prefer overs: don't need to touch a healthy muscle, when stretching your arm up you can see the implant, recovery time and overall I think it's better for the body. but I am afraid of the implant beeing visable and especially also feeling the implant when touching the boobies? anyone has overs and has experience? can you feel your implant or maybe even see the curve of it? why did you choose overs or unders? Overs vs. Unders? 476424

sooo many decisions to make.... and I am happy for everyones help!! x
sweetpoison
sweetpoison
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 201

Back to top Go down

Overs vs. Unders? Empty Re: Overs vs. Unders?

Post by alexandra33 20th October 2011, 3:48 pm

I had unders because 1) i didn't want to chance any interference with my milk ducts (i haven't had kids yet and want to), and 2) they say (although not proven) that there's a lower risk of capsular contracture.

mine are softening and dropping nicely and I'm pleased that I went through the extra discomfort. I wasn't really laid up at all with them - back to work and driving on day 4 and I had 375cc

it's a personal choice, everyone's different, but generally I think almost all girls on here would say to go with the bigger implant you're offered...so maybe that would mean unders for you?

Good luck deciding!

xxx

ali
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1588

Back to top Go down

Post by welshvicci123 20th October 2011, 3:52 pm

I think its personel choice hun, obviously it would be slight more painful/uncomfortable with unders but lower risk of cc i believe. Your quite lucky you have been given the option as most surgeons tend to say overs or unders. Certainly have a read up on both.
welshvicci123
welshvicci123
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2289

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 20th October 2011, 4:44 pm

I would have had either, but I'm glad I was able to have overs, as they are softer, easier to get cleavage and move more than unders. Plus the potential of having double bubble after having kids in future (breast tissue sags from stretching, but implants stay high as they are under the muscle) was a bit scary. They both have their pros and cons.

Here is some infor from a surgeon

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by nikitaw86 20th October 2011, 5:39 pm

I had overs but would of had what was best! I love my overs though I'm less then 4 weeks po and there already softening up nicely an have given me a great cleavage ur breast ur choice! But why through email? Lol x
nikitaw86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1685

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetpoison 20th October 2011, 8:31 pm

thank you all for your replies, it really helped! I think I will let my Surgeon decide when I meet him which of the to will be better in my case and if he says it is all up to me, I am most likely going for unders... fluffly, soft, bouncy boobies.... Flash But I will def. go through everything with him in person.

@alexandra33: there is a good point of maybe going under but I do want them to give me a good cleavage and be soft and bouncy. so the way to find out about size will be rice boobies.... I really have to try that! lol

@whelsvicci123: only 29 days left, soon soon you will wake up and have biiig boobies! lol I really do consider it lucky to have choice, but that means one more decision... ;-) but I am still happy I can go with what I prefer. Stars

@misf1: thank you for the link, very good question! I would go for overs for the same reason as you.

@nikitaw86: congratulations! how great, you are really dropping early! why email... I live in Switzerland and I am most likely going with an English Surgeon. To get his opinion I emailed him and he asked me today for pics, so I send him pictures of me and pictures of what I am looking for and that was his reply.

thank you girls!! xxx
sweetpoison
sweetpoison
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz2011 20th October 2011, 9:04 pm

misf1 wrote:I would have had either, but I'm glad I was able to have overs, as they are softer, easier to get cleavage and move more than unders. Plus the potential of having double bubble after having kids in future (breast tissue sags from stretching, but implants stay high as they are under the muscle) was a bit scary. They both have their pros and cons.

I'm confused! I was told that unders with my uplift would be best for me as my natural boobs are quite likely to continue to sag over time (hence why I'm here in the first place!) and so having by having partial unders the muscle would prevent this from happening a bit more than with overs. Can anyone set me straight?!?
Liz2011
Liz2011
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 20th October 2011, 10:29 pm

Liz2011 wrote:
misf1 wrote:I would have had either, but I'm glad I was able to have overs, as they are softer, easier to get cleavage and move more than unders. Plus the potential of having double bubble after having kids in future (breast tissue sags from stretching, but implants stay high as they are under the muscle) was a bit scary. They both have their pros and cons.

I'm confused! I was told that unders with my uplift would be best for me as my natural boobs are quite likely to continue to sag over time (hence why I'm here in the first place!) and so having by having partial unders the muscle would prevent this from happening a bit more than with overs. Can anyone set me straight?!?

yes hun, the uplift will perk your boobs up and the partial unders will act as an internal bra, but breast tissue will eventually sag whether you have overs or unders. I may end up with a ball in sock look eventually and need an uplift.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by katyp 22nd October 2011, 10:43 am

here's another link to look at, but I agree unders sound great. boobsign
katyp
katyp
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 643

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz2011 22nd October 2011, 4:03 pm

Thanks both. Really good article, I am convinced that the unders are right for me now, thanks so much for putting my mind at ease! Liz x
Liz2011
Liz2011
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by jangledania 22nd October 2011, 10:19 pm

hi- been advised overs, 305max cc, so going for that. The surgeon said overs are always best first choice for natural look as that's where breast naturally is, i saw 3 surgeons all baaps/ bapras with years of experience and all 3 said same. having said that, have seen plenty of pics of post op girls with v natural looking unders too! think they mover more natural with overs, but im still pre BA so who knows!

Just go with a good surgeon that you trust, i saw 3 first, and went with the one i felt most safe and confident with, its such a personal thing.

good luck xx
jangledania
jangledania
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by Devagirl 27th October 2011, 11:08 am

I have 36A boobs, so not a great amount of natural breast tissue, but the surgeon I have seen is clear that overs are better for me. I asked the Clinic Nurse again about this and her reply was that they will give a more natural look.

I'm considering low profile 300cc cohesive gel implants which should give me a C cup. I'm quite tall and don't want to be much bigger than a C cup as I don't want to appear top-heavy and I still want to get into my clothes (OK, new bras!)
Devagirl
Devagirl
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyD 27th October 2011, 11:17 am

hi hun, i was only advised unders but i am glad as i'm so happy with them, they're dropping and softening really quickly and i have recovered really well so far (touch wood!! lol) They look really natural too . Also the lower risk of cc and bottoming out i found reassuring, as well as the whole internal bra thing. But i think ur sensible in letting ur surgeon decide hun, they do know best xxxx
AmyD
AmyD
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2138

Back to top Go down

Post by katyp 27th October 2011, 11:21 am

Overs can look amazing!! No doubt about that!! The only thing I think is when you have the potential to sag a bit over time (like your breast feeding boobies have lost their elasticity and won't be able to support the extra weight..) ..then unders are good coz they act like an internal bra - sort of. Also I think if you have enough tissue to cover the implant they will be amazing! But some of us pancake babes unfortunately don't! ha ha... boobsign
katyp
katyp
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetpoison 27th October 2011, 11:39 am

Hey all of you, thank you for your relpies girls! also the articles! it's good to hear what you think and what your experience is! I appreciate your help! Overs vs. Unders? 321562

It's so strange how some Surgeons say overs look more natrual and other say unders. I would agree that everyone is different and it just depends on breast tissue etc. but most seem to favor one. also the whole story with bottoming out seems to be only true with complete unders, dual plane (which I think is done usually)the risk is just as high. so confusing all these different informations. One Surgeon even said, that the risk for an infection is way lower with overs, never heard that one before!

I have the feeling I will go with overs, just because I want them to move natrual and I would like to get a good cleavage but will listen talk to my Surgeon again and I want his opinion in what he thinks will be the absolut best choice! lol

jangledania: I will def. go through this topic again with my Surgeon and will go with what he thinks will look best on me. since yours advised you on overs, I would do that too.

Davagirl: Funny, I am quiet tall too... lol I want to have a good size for my frame, real nice boobies but also not to heavy on top. still a bit afraid of maybe going with to little since most girls say the wish they went bigger... well, I will see.

AmyD: I am glad to hear you are happy with yours!! congrats, it's only beend 3 weeks! Again, if your Doctor has advised you on that, I think it's good to go with that... they probably do know best. ;-) but mine gave me a choice... damn! lol

I also heared that the bottoming out
sweetpoison
sweetpoison
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetpoison 27th October 2011, 11:42 am

katyp: that's what's worring me, even though I am in favor of overs I am a bit afraid of the sagging... then again if goes not too bad, it can still look very good, well natrual.... hopefully! lol x
sweetpoison
sweetpoison
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by katyp 27th October 2011, 12:36 pm

Have you breast fed any kids? How much tissue have you got? (rib cage measurement under boobs, bra size - remember not to add the extra 4-5inches anymore for your band size) It will be a different outcome for any implant choice..HP, MP,MPLUS or LP, different cc's in each profile and base width etc. There is a lot that goes into picking a boob-booster!! lol As I mentioned in my previous post I prefer the unders, but we are all different.
Your surgeon will/should know what he/she is talking about but you are the one calling the shots at the end of the day so you need to do some serious hours of homework before you give him/her their orders bub!!
If they say overs will be perfect for you then they must think you have a decent amount of perky tissue to cope with that implant. :thumbs: Most 'unders' now are actually dual plane, I think (don't quote me though) full unders are only down via the armpit coz it doesn't cut the muscle, but the reality is that

1. You WILL need another surgery in your lifetime to refresh your implants as we all will
2. The chance of a complication is there with any ba therefore a re-op
3. MOST IMPORTANTLY: WHEN the ps does re-do the ba for a re-plant or re-op, the only way they can go in is under the breast fold. The inframammary fold is the only way to re-do a ba, apparently, so if the scar is already there it won't affect you, rather than creating a new one.

I really hope you can decide what you want, but please don't stress about it...as the girls will tell you, they are pretty happy with their final decisions and I bet you will be too! Just make sure you trust your surgeon and you'll be aces!!

PLEASE CORRECT ME GIRLS IF I AM DEAD SET WRONG ON ANY OF THIS!! MWAH Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart boobsign

katyp
katyp
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kinkyboots33 27th October 2011, 1:02 pm

if you have a decent amount of tissue id recommend overs - when I say decent, I mean 3cm in the pinch test - your surgeon will probably do this at your consultation.

Are you planning on having children? If so.. overs will also be better..

Both placements sag at some point, if you are young and have good skin quality your new babies could look fab for 10 yrs + but if you have sagging already, intend on having kids or are an older lady with not much elastane left in the skin they will sag alot quicker.... with overs you will maybe get the ball in the sock look in time and with under you could get double bubble, I have DB and i personally think the whole breast sagging rather than just your own breast tissue looks better so if I was giving the choice id go with overs! Im not in the position to have overs though as I have very thin skin and pretty much no breast tissue. I already have rippling with the dual plane placement so going over might give me rippling in the cleavage, which I really really wouldnt want.

if you have any questions let me know.

xxx
kinkyboots33
kinkyboots33
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 254

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetpoison 27th October 2011, 8:00 pm

wow you two know a lot... ok...

katyp: thanks you! haven't thought about how 'good' my breast are. I haven't had any kids - will most likely start in a few years, I am now 28.
breast tissue... small b. my surgeon has only seen pics from me and said: you are thin and have fairly tight breasts. does this mean good skin? no idea, since I didn't the test.... I was sure he is going to say unders because they aren't big. but I want to know now, how good my skin is! I am sure, I will do the right thing... just have to keep on doing my homework...

but thanks hon!!! x

sweetpoison
sweetpoison
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetpoison 27th October 2011, 8:12 pm

kinkyboots33: thank you too... big help you girls! I am planning on having children, but only in a few years. why is it better to have overs if having children??? sounds very interesting but haven't heard it jet. So, I am still young I would say, 28 and as I said I have no clue about my skin quality... so far they are still high and the surgeon said: fairly tight breasts. btw; I am a smal b... ;-) but I wouldn't think I have 3 cm!
I like your approach about overs, I think I also prefer my whole boobies sinking then just the breast tissue. and I guess you are right, they will sag either way sooner or later.
I am sorry to hear you can't do overs since you prefer it. and I wouldn't do either it if you would get rippling in the cleavage. hun, are you redoing it because of the double bubble or just not happy? same doctor? did you have round or anatomical? going for the same form and size?
only 8 days left before new boobies for you... Flash

xxx

sweetpoison
sweetpoison
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kinkyboots33 27th October 2011, 9:46 pm

Hey...

If your planning on having kids i think overs would be better choice so when your boobies do eventually drop the whole boob will drop rather than just the breast tissue - believe me hun, it really is gross! not all but most boobs drop after having a baby.. the skin stretches and most of the time it doesnt ping back the way we want it to.. Overs vs. Unders? 43877 a few lucky ones do though! also, if you want to breast feed I hear its safer to have overs (but not too sure tbh?)

If the surgeon says you have a tight breasts its just the same as saying you have nice firm boobies, so good quality skin quality! If you are a b cup im pretty sure you will have a decent amount of fat/tissue to cover the implant. I was an empty b, mostly skin Overs vs. Unders? 588945 and measured 3cm or just under so im sure you will have that at least. Some surgeons say you need 3-4cm for the over placement but the stable cohesive implants you get now a days are better at reducing the risk of rippling with an over placement. The allergan soft touch and nagor impleo are both very good stable cohesive implants that will reduce rippling but it sound like you have good skin quality so prob wont get any/much anyway.

My surgery is down to the double bubble, iv had it since they were done really but noticed it at around 5-6 weeks po. Iv had a very long/hard fight to get them to agree to the free revision. Im not having my original surgeon, NO WAY!!!! ... he doesnt think there is anything wrong with me even though 6 other non biased surgeons have agreed with my DB theory. I was even asked to take part in a new legal show and some other stuff but, well.... I could go on for ages about my boobie saga...lol.... but I wont bore you with it all. It will be in my autobiography Overs vs. Unders? 557141
kinkyboots33
kinkyboots33
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kinkyboots33 27th October 2011, 9:48 pm

if you want to pm me to ask anything, feel free!

I loss track of this forum a bit, with all the different sections.....lol....
kinkyboots33
kinkyboots33
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyD 29th October 2011, 7:20 pm

good luck with ur revision surgery kinky boots xxxxxxxxxxxxx
AmyD
AmyD
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2138

Back to top Go down

Post by kinkyboots33 29th October 2011, 10:05 pm

Thanks Amy!

Im actually a day early on my ticker but not sure how to change it..lol..
kinkyboots33
kinkyboots33
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down