Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Textured above the muscle implants

+4
Jemmy
Jessica
Mia
EilidhW1
8 posters

Go down

Textured above the muscle implants Empty Textured above the muscle implants

Post by EilidhW1 9th August 2009, 3:46 pm

Hi,

I've read a lot about the disadvantages of textured implants, the one i'm most worried about is increased chance of rippling, especially when implants are placed above muscle. I haven't been offered smooth implants and it seems these are more popular in the states than in UK. Has anyone had large textured mplants (about 420 cc) above the muscle and had any problems? Or been offered smooth at consultation?

Thanks!
x
EilidhW1
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Textured above the muscle implants Empty Re: Textured above the muscle implants

Post by Mia 9th August 2009, 3:51 pm

Have you read the advantages? I dont have large implants, however, I do have textured, which I think most girls tend to have in more recent times. It may be wise to discuss with your P.S. why he has choosen these and to explain why. Also if he offers an alternative that you would be happy with. Also worth having further opinions from other surgeons too. xxx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 9th August 2009, 4:49 pm

I think textured implants are more widely used in the UK now as they drastically reduce the risk of capsular contracture. I'm not even sure you would be able to get smooth implants from any of the major cosmetic companies in the UK, however anyone please correct me if I'm wrong about that! Rippling can occur with smooth or textured implants - it's up to the surgeon to recommend the right size implant so that no or very minimal rippling will occur. It will depend on the amount of breast tissue you have already. I had 410cc textured over the muscle as so far no rippling at all. xx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 9th August 2009, 4:52 pm

Have a look at this video click me

This totally reassured me that textured implants were the way to go
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2948

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 9th August 2009, 4:52 pm

EilidhW1 wrote:Hi,

I've read a lot about the disadvantages of textured implants, the one i'm most worried about is increased chance of rippling, especially when implants are placed above muscle. I haven't been offered smooth implants and it seems these are more popular in the states than in UK. Has anyone had large textured mplants (about 420 cc) above the muscle and had any problems? Or been offered smooth at consultation?

Thanks!
x
Traction rippling with textured implants can occur but more often with women who are thin skinned and dont have much tissue to cover the implant.
What are your stats now? do you have a lot of breast tissue to start (i'm guessing you do if you're getting a large implant over the muscle) if so you arent likely to get visible rippling, you may just feel some
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie66 9th August 2009, 6:48 pm

Nads is right, you probably have a fair bit of tissue to start with otherwise your surgeon wouldn't have recommended that type and position x
Annie66
Annie66
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1828

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 9th August 2009, 7:25 pm

I have textured as well and i believe they are used more than smooth implants as scar tissue forms better around them and reduces the risk of Capsular Contracture.

x x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by shelleymm 10th August 2009, 6:25 pm

Hi EilidhW1, fromwhat the girls have said I agree, I had 525 sized implants and yes they are textured and so far no rippling, I didnt have much breast tissue but being a bigger girl I have an extra layer of fat to cope with any rippling that may occur.

I am not aware of any company in the UK that offers smooth implants but to be honest i think the advantages of textured one's far out weigh the reasoning to have smooth ones!

Hope this helps xx
shelleymm
shelleymm
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 189

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down