Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

textured implants ?? confused ?

+5
Natty29
fuzzy
shirtripper
spittingfairy
Doony
9 posters

Go down

textured implants ?? confused ? Empty textured implants ?? confused ?

Post by Doony 11th November 2011, 9:52 am

hi everyone.. my doctor refuses to use anything but textured implants because he says they dont cause capsular contraction.. but im worried they wont be as soft.. because i touched both.. they are alot firmer than the soft ones..
what do you think ?
Doony
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 208

Back to top Go down

textured implants ?? confused ? Empty Re: textured implants ?? confused ?

Post by spittingfairy 11th November 2011, 10:24 am

I've had textured ones (not strictly true by the way,they don't stop CC,but there is some evidence to say that textured ones adhere to tissue better,making the risk of CC lower) and they are pretty soft at only 8 days po.

For me personally,I'd rather have slightly firmer breasts and a lower risk of CC...but that's just me. Anyway,regardless of the srface *most* implants end up pretty soft,I don't think any of them end up hard. My surgeon likened it the difference between the breast tissue of a teenager,and the tissue of an older,post pregnancy lady. Younger tissue is firmer,but not hard!
spittingfairy
spittingfairy
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 189

Back to top Go down

Post by shirtripper 11th November 2011, 11:02 am

hi doony i had the textured implants and im nearly 10 weeks post op mine were firm at first but now they are getting really soft, my surgeon told me that these type of implants take longer to soften up than non textured ones and are also slightly more firmer i didnt have alot of breast tissue to start with and they feel ok to me my husband calls them teenager tits lol x
shirtripper
shirtripper
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzy 11th November 2011, 11:31 am

I had textured ones and mine are just starting to soften now but they feel great. Like people have said nice firm young boobies! xxtextured implants ?? confused ? 923101
fuzzy
fuzzy
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by Natty29 11th November 2011, 1:34 pm

I mite have to go and change mine for textured 1next year as the 1s I've got ain't adhering to the pocket and my right boob has totally missed it!!!
I've heard that that have lower rates of getting cc, but I'm confused as to y my ps didn't use the textured 1s four mths ago wen he did the op?? I wasn't very clued up on what to ask for as I didn't know what to expect from getting a BA,I trusted his judgement and expertise!
I found this forum a couple of days after I had my op and I wish now that I'd discovered it b4 my op!
I wudnt mind having the textured 1s they sound great to me :)
Natty29
Natty29
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1301

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 11th November 2011, 3:27 pm

Some PS's don't use textured implants. I know mine doesn't. I researched this very thoroughly (as I'm sure we all did!) and I wanted this surgeon enough to take the slightly higher CC risk, and had them put under the muscle to kind of even it out.

But honestly, if you're really concerned, you could always get a second opinion from another surgeon! textured implants ?? confused ? 321562
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1588

Back to top Go down

Post by Doony 11th November 2011, 9:43 pm

im really confused honestly.. but everyone keeps telling me why go for something with a higher risk.. even though textured ones can cause rippling more than the soft.. but i really like this doctor.. and he had my friend's boobs done too.. they r amazing.. but i just want mine to be as soft as the natural ones :) my husband keeps telling me they will be so hard and fake growl
Doony
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by welshvicci123 11th November 2011, 9:51 pm

'fake' boobs are not always hard, they do go soft like natural boobs, it all depends on other factors.
welshvicci123
welshvicci123
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2289

Back to top Go down

Post by Doony 11th November 2011, 9:55 pm

like if i hv enough skin ?
Doony
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Clara 12th November 2011, 12:21 am

I have textured too. I'll be 3 wks PO tomorrow and they're softening up really nicely. Pre op i was worried they were going to be like rock but i've been very pleasantly surprised by the softness already :D

x x
Clara
Clara
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 12th November 2011, 11:04 am

Were the smooth shell implants saline and the textured the gummi bear silicone? Because you would probably feel a lot of difference between the two. Saline rupture a lot more than sillicone so that would be something to consider. Also if the smooth were not saline and were a runny gel then I would definatly not opt for those as if those ruptured they could cause terrible damage.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down