Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uplift recovery time?? Help and advise please!

5 posters

Go down

Uplift recovery time?? Help and advise please!  Empty Uplift recovery time?? Help and advise please!

Post by emilysarahdodds 9th July 2015, 11:22 am

Hi ladies. 

So finally seeing Dr Douglas Mcgeorge next Wednesday after having to cancel my first consultation due to my boyfriend and I moving into out first house which was very stressful yet exciting as you can imagine haha!

Just wanted a bit more advice about the recovery time, I shall obviously see what he says next week but want to have a slight idea so I know when to book for.. I am a dance teacher so my job involves lots of jigging around haha so I want to be extra careful! At the moment I am thinking surgery times of this Christmas or next summer (the wait will kill me!!!)

Thanks ladies
emilysarahdodds
emilysarahdodds
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 853

Back to top Go down

Uplift recovery time?? Help and advise please!  Empty Re: Uplift recovery time?? Help and advise please!

Post by Charlii 9th July 2015, 11:55 am

Hey Emily. I'm not hot on the uplift, but I do know it's a longer recovery time that a BA, it's a bigger surgery. Discuss it in depth with your surgeon, especially considering your career. Hopefully some more uplift girls will be along soon.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Uplift recovery time?? Help and advise please!  Empty Re: Uplift recovery time?? Help and advise please!

Post by Skates 9th July 2015, 1:15 pm

I had a periareolar lift and implants nearly 8 weeks ago. 

I had 10 days off work, 2 weeks off driving. 

I only started exercising this week and boy I can feel it! 

I was able to jog slowly up the stairs by about week 4 but as for dancing etc - I would feel ok now doing it in the right bra but no way before 6 weeks. All my stitches were out by 5 weeks but the scars need to be treated with a lot of respect if you want them to heal well. 

Everything is still quite sensitive around the nipple and you will be super protective of them! 

However we all heal differently and I felt pretty good in myself early on but you don't want to risk any damage, double the operation, the risk and the cost so I have been really careful not to jeopardise my recovery. Even passing up free concert tickets as I knew I would end up at the front and risk elbows in the boobs! 

So glad I have done it though - really chuffed x
Skates
Skates
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post by Montana 9th July 2015, 5:32 pm

Hi I dance and sing in a show and I've had a full anchor lift with implants. I'm only 13 days PO but I'm nowhere near ready to go back yet. I can't even lift my right arm yet so I would say you'll need time. Prob the while 6 weeks before dancing.
Montana
Montana
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 283

Back to top Go down

Post by emilysarahdodds 9th July 2015, 6:51 pm

Charlii wrote:Hey Emily. I'm not hot on the uplift, but I do know it's a longer recovery time that a BA, it's a bigger surgery. Discuss it in depth with your surgeon, especially considering your career. Hopefully some more uplift girls will be along soon.
Thank you Charlii :) Definitely will be something I discuss next week in depth!
emilysarahdodds
emilysarahdodds
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by emilysarahdodds 9th July 2015, 6:54 pm

Skates wrote:I had a periareolar lift and implants nearly 8 weeks ago. 

I had 10 days off work, 2 weeks off driving. 

I only started exercising this week and boy I can feel it! 

I was able to jog slowly up the stairs by about week 4 but as for dancing etc - I would feel ok now doing it in the right bra but no way before 6 weeks. All my stitches were out by 5 weeks but the scars need to be treated with a lot of respect if you want them to heal well. 

Everything is still quite sensitive around the nipple and you will be super protective of them! 

However we all heal differently and I felt pretty good in myself early on but you don't want to risk any damage, double the operation, the risk and the cost so I have been really careful not to jeopardise my recovery. Even passing up free concert tickets as I knew I would end up at the front and risk elbows in the boobs! 

So glad I have done it though - really chuffed x
Thank you for all the info Skates :) 

I definitely want the scars to heal as well as possible as it's something I am slightly weary about, I too don't want to jeopardise anything. 

Very pleased to hear that you are happy with things. I am SO excited for my consultation next week x
emilysarahdodds
emilysarahdodds
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by emilysarahdodds 9th July 2015, 6:56 pm

Montana wrote:Hi I dance and sing in a show and I've had a full anchor lift with implants. I'm only 13 days PO but I'm nowhere near ready to go back yet. I can't even lift my right arm yet so I would say you'll need time. Prob the while 6 weeks before dancing.
Oh wow really? That's good to know and hear from someone in the same profession :) I will definitely take the whole 6 weeks if not slightly more. Looks like it'll have to be next summer (6 weeks hols) as I have no one to cover me and can't really take 6 weeks off haha! I don't want to wait!!!  help help
emilysarahdodds
emilysarahdodds
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by amyblue500 10th July 2015, 10:19 am

I had a lollipop lift and implants 4.5 weeks ago, I had the easiest recovery ever!! Back driving 4 days later only took ibuprofen for a couple of days for a bit of swelling, practically no pain at all , i had to really remind myself to slow down . In contrast i had a straight BA in 2013 and had a really rough time, i was still caning painkillers after a month and the bruising was dreadful. This was the same surgeon both times ( unless as he told me he had popped off for a cup of tea and someone else did it Hysterical)
Every surgery is individual , there really is no rhyme or reason to them, its best i think to plan for the worst and take the longest time off you can that way if it goes well you can just be pleased and not worried about sorting extra time off. I planned 3 weeks off work and i could have returned after 2 with no problem at all as a nurse but its always best to err on the side of caution and take more rather than rush back and damage yourself.
Good luck i was so against an uplift and now i think it was one of my best decisions i made.
amyblue500
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by emilysarahdodds 13th July 2015, 11:26 am

amyblue500 wrote:I had a lollipop lift and implants 4.5 weeks ago, I had the easiest recovery ever!! Back driving 4 days later only took ibuprofen for a couple of days for a bit of swelling, practically no pain at all , i had to really remind myself to slow down . In contrast i had a straight BA in 2013 and had a really rough time, i was still caning painkillers after a month and the bruising was dreadful. This was the same surgeon both times ( unless as he told me he had popped off for a cup of tea and someone else did it Hysterical)
Every surgery is individual , there really is no rhyme or reason to them, its best i think to plan for the worst and take the longest time off you can that way if it goes well you can just be pleased and not worried about sorting extra time off. I planned 3 weeks off work and i could have returned after 2 with no problem at all as a nurse but its always best to err on the side of caution and take more rather than rush back and damage yourself.
Good luck i was so against an uplift and now i think it was one of my best decisions i made.
Thanks for the info amyblue! Like you say everyone is different aren't they. I had a straight forward BA in 2013 and recovery was fine. Is anything worryingly too easy? Haha! I'm so excited about booking in for this procedure. Finally getting my PERFECT pair haha! Will take into account booking the most time off I can, like you say to be extra careful and make sure I'm not damaging myself.
emilysarahdodds
emilysarahdodds
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down