Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recovery time?

+5
kittie
misf1
jellytot1
TeresaMaree
SusieQue
9 posters

Go down

Recovery time? Empty Recovery time?

Post by SusieQue 30th January 2011, 10:47 pm

Bit of advice please ladies...I havent had a consultation yet but after doing my research think I will probably go for unders....Thing is im a fitness Instructor....how long realistically will I need off work..this is the most worrying bit I think!

x
SusieQue
SusieQue
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Recovery time? Empty Re: Recovery time?

Post by TeresaMaree 30th January 2011, 11:05 pm

Hmmm Im not sure either...I do alot of massage in my job and I have taken a month off but fitness is more demanding so perhaps 6 weeks? Im not sure? shrug

Im sure some one will come along whos more helpful
TeresaMaree
TeresaMaree
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by jellytot1 30th January 2011, 11:11 pm

I went back to the gym and swimming (with permission from my PS), far earlier than most people on here, at 3 weeks post op - but I am still not really doing anything at the gym that involves arms - so I would think it would depend on what sort of classes you teach and how much you need to demonstate yourself. I would like to go back to core stability but the teacher also includes things like plank and side plank and press ups which I know I couldn't and wouldn't attempt yet.
jellytot1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 762

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 30th January 2011, 11:20 pm

If you do a lot of fitness it may be better for you to have overs due to possible muscle distortion. I would discuss the placement at consultations and see what the PS suggests would be best for you. I would have thought 6 weeks for full recovery
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by SusieQue 31st January 2011, 8:17 am

Ok I will, thanks.... I did read that overs generally give quicker recovery, is this right? If so for both reasons sounds like I was going for the wrong option :-/

I'm a Zumba and salsa teacher so I get really involved and do 14 classes a week. 6 weeks off work = very expensive....eek!

SusieQue
SusieQue
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 31st January 2011, 10:53 am

I would say 6 weeks recovery would be sensible. You might find you're more suitable for overs , it's best to wait until you go for consultations and see what is advised based on existing breast tissue, etc. I was quite fixed on having anatomical unders and ended up getting round overs.
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by jellytot1 31st January 2011, 1:26 pm

If your PS says you haven't enough breast tissue to have overs then I wouldn't go against his advice just to have a shorter recovery time, as you may have complications like rippling or the top of the implant showing. My daughter does Zumba and says it is fantastic - but I have no co-ordination so stick to static type exercising!
jellytot1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 762

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrymac1 31st January 2011, 1:59 pm

You'll definitely need at least 6 weeks off chick, you don't want to spend all that money and then have complications because you did too much too soon xxx
kerrymac1
kerrymac1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by SusieQue 31st January 2011, 5:05 pm

Thanks ladies, at least I know what to expect. Blimey... 6 weeks no work!

I will definately wait for my consultation and go with whatever the surgeon recommends for my body and lifestyle :-)

x
SusieQue
SusieQue
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 31st January 2011, 7:51 pm

Yep I'd say six weeks too hun. I went back to the gym after about 2/3 weeks but only doing lower body stuff. Nothing at all that involved lifting weights, abs, chest or back. Also, no jumping or high impact aerobics. x
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by sherri9871 31st January 2011, 8:59 pm

Hi SusieQue, I would say that as its not a full pelt aerobics jump up and down session then 4 weeks with probably two sports bras (level 4) would be ok. If you have a regular class then they will know the moves and you wont have to give much umph into it to motivate them.
What i would say is dont do any over head movements with your arms for at least 6 weeks though.
Ive been for a run today 6 weeks post op today and i thought sod it im going, really enjoyed it. Just listen to your body as well x
sherri9871
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 211

Back to top Go down

Post by SusieQue 1st February 2011, 7:44 am

Hi sherri,

Thanks for that... I think as long as I know worst case I can cover for that, there are so many jumps and over arm moves in Zumba it would be almost impossible to do without 'doing it' if u get me lol

I now just need to save a lot more than I thought to get me through the recovery time as well as the op :-/
SusieQue
SusieQue
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by wend 1st February 2011, 10:09 am

Hi
I go to the gym 3 to 4 times a week and do pilates. Under advise i walked on the tread mill from 4 weeks back to pilates 6 weeks but i still cant run without my right one feeling really sore ( which tells me it`s not finished healing internally) at 10 weeks. Start slow read your body but i`ll be very surprised if you can totally fling your self around at 6 weeks?.

As the others have said quicker healing with overs and if your chest muscles are strong they can keep the implant to high if you have unders def speak to your PS about this. They will determine if you can have overs by grabbing the skin above your breasts.
Hope this is of help good luck x
wend
wend
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down