Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Constipation relief tablets...

+5
Charlii
EmzH
Mammamia
Skates
Twinky
9 posters

Go down

Constipation relief tablets... Empty Constipation relief tablets...

Post by Twinky 10th June 2015, 9:40 am

Hello.
So surgery is sunday,  dance and I am terrible in the bowels department, always constipated. I have been eating healthier this week and also im doing slimfast for a few days (to get rid of the evil weight I put on last week from all inc holiday!)
Right so, I usually take Asda's constipation relif tablets, as there fab, and have a clear out before my op (sorry if TMI!) but im wondering now if I shouldn't, as my surgeon said no alcohol, asprin, paracetamols or my migrane tablets 2 weeks before?
So wondered if they would count as something I SHOULD'T take?

Of course I will call the clinic if needs be...just wondered if anyone else had done so?
Iv heard the bloated belly and constipation are a mother after surgery, and I suffer with this badly anyway....?

Anyone?
Feel like im calling the clinic everyday just lately....
Twinky
Twinky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1101

Back to top Go down

Constipation relief tablets... Empty Re: Constipation relief tablets...

Post by Skates 10th June 2015, 10:03 am

I struggle with the codeine in that department so told the nurse at pre-op and the anesthetist that codeine really doesnt agree with me (I turn into a brain dead zombie too) so they made sure all my meds were codeine free. I had moprhine and tramadol after surgery in hospital and they sent me home with nefopam. I had surgery on Saturday and managed to go by Monday night I think, so only a couple of days. I made sure I ate really well after surgery loads of healthy stuff and drank a HUGE amount of water and other fluids while in hospital too which I really think helped to save me! My other half would make up a couple of litres of squash for me to have by my bed in the following days too so I was always hydrated.
Skates
Skates
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 10th June 2015, 10:30 am

I wouldn't take them prophylactically, ie. to prevent constipation or to plan a clear out!! I would just wait and see how you feel and take only if you feel constipated and uncomfortable. Remember some people just go less, so what's normal to someone isn't to another. Using the tablets isn't solving the problem (if in fact it is a problem), just a sticky plaster which probably doesn't help in the long run. Going to the loo before surgery isn't a big deal. And afterwards they'll most likely prescribe you lactulose which will be much stronger than your tablets I imagine. But unless you're in pain I'd stay away from the tablets and down a load of water instead!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinky 10th June 2015, 10:56 am

Thanks guys, that's really helped, xxx
I must admit having drank a load of water mon and tues I have been regular. Just don't want to hit a day where I DON'T manage to go, right before surgery day. Its so uncomfortable isn't it.

Thanks guys
Twinky
Twinky
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by EmzH 10th June 2015, 11:13 am

I don't usually have probs in that department so can't comment on the pre op bit but i struggled a lot for a good 3/4days post op. Had buddah belly massively & was very uncomfortable. Took senakot specifically for it, ate loads of fruit & veg, loads of water. I was also taking magnesium for my sleep which it turns out is actually supposed to help as well so i think it was a combination of all of it that eventually helped xx
EmzH
EmzH
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 334

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 10th June 2015, 11:26 am

I wouldn't take any between now and survey, to stay on the safe side. Post op, the ga does bung you up, but you can't immediately start taking it, it's not natural. Most girls leave it til about day 4/5, then the ga is out of the system and you don't have to worry. Lactulose is far better, it's over the counter, cheaper than most, and one spoon does the trick. But only if you're super uncomfortable with it.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by blush89 10th June 2015, 3:00 pm

I never had a problem pre op, but that first week PO I swelled up like a balloon! It was the most disturbing thing haha! I looked like I had a actual football under my stomach and for love or money couldnt go to the loo. I didnt take anything in the end and just drank a tonne of water and went on lots of walks! xxx
blush89
blush89
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 975

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 10th June 2015, 3:27 pm

Hi, I suffer really bad like you, but I took them before my op. They don't like you to take blood thinners, but they are not blood thinners. The asda tablets are the ones I like. They certainly work well. If in doubt ask clinic anyway. Walks good diet etc does not get me going. I can eat a tin of prunes and still not go. I have tried everything, so tablets is the only way for me. I went for a colonic irrigation before my surgery to clear out my colon. Felt great xxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinky 10th June 2015, 3:37 pm

OMG,  we sound the same. I eat prunes like smarties, and all they do is make me trump more! Sorry, I mean "fluff"! Lol
So tablets has been the way for me for a number of years now. Iv had a colonic a few years back but didn't rate it tbh.

Will see how I go this week anyway. 
Thanks ladies.
Twinky
Twinky
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 10th June 2015, 3:59 pm

Twinky if I eat things that are ment to make you go. I just bloat and get wind. Nothing else happens. If you go to the doctors they say eat more fibre. But believe me I have tried so many times. I have been like that since I can remember. Xxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by Montana 11th June 2015, 7:14 pm

Well I just have to join in this conversation as I'm just the same as you both! I've always suffered with it and I eat right and exercise so I just think some people are born with loo issues lol
I've got my dulceolax at the ready as codeine is terrible for me as I've taken it before and really suffered. I didn't realise I could ask to have something else tho so might mention my experience of codeine to them on op day
Montana
Montana
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 283

Back to top Go down

Post by going4it 11th June 2015, 7:41 pm

I usually use dulcolax when I have a "problem" but do find it quite harsh! Codeine does terrible things to me and I was prescribed movicol on discharge with my codeine. It's soluble and doesn't taste great but had one sachet per day and no problems at all. You can buy it over the counter but only in biggish boxes so quite expensive but was gentle and effective and just take it alongside the codiene. Didn't wait til I was constipated I took it to stop it and it really worked xx
going4it
going4it
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 745

Back to top Go down

Post by EmzH 11th June 2015, 7:48 pm

I didn't get sent home with any codine so it was definately the GA that did it to me as i was just taking paracetamol & ibuprofen for a few days xx
EmzH
EmzH
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 334

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down