Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've read Polyurethane are Carcinogenic!? Advice?

+3
going4it
Vickyxo
biggerboobs13
7 posters

Go down

I've read Polyurethane are  Carcinogenic!? Advice? Empty I've read Polyurethane are Carcinogenic!? Advice?

Post by biggerboobs13 18th May 2015, 11:31 am

Hi all.
I'm booked for polyurethane kmplants on July but I've just read a cpl of things saying A. They're not FDA approved & banned in America and b. That when the foam coating breaks down its carcinogenic
biggerboobs13
biggerboobs13
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 191

Back to top Go down

I've read Polyurethane are  Carcinogenic!? Advice? Empty Re: I've read Polyurethane are Carcinogenic!? Advice?

Post by biggerboobs13 18th May 2015, 11:34 am

Half of my post disappeared! lol it finished by saying I've searched for info on allergans & I can't find any bad press on them regarding carcinogens, only on polys !
biggerboobs13
biggerboobs13
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

I've read Polyurethane are  Carcinogenic!? Advice? Empty Re: I've read Polyurethane are Carcinogenic!? Advice?

Post by Vickyxo 18th May 2015, 12:33 pm

Ah im sorry i havent heard about these implants before, hopefully someone will be along soon to help!
If your feeling worried, maybe speak to you surgeon about your concerns and let him give you some research on these implants xx
Vickyxo
Vickyxo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 582

Back to top Go down

Post by going4it 18th May 2015, 1:41 pm

Hi biggerboobs, when I first started my journey I looked into furries and from I remembered there was evidence of them being carcinogenic in rats but not enough to warrant them being stopped for use in humans as the risk is so small.
Both Nagor and Allergan now have textured implants which also reduce the Capsulor contracture rate right down but the chances are still higher than with the furries.
Personally I discounted the furries, not for the carcinogenic purposes but because I was concerned in time that my natural breast tissue would sag and the furries would stay where they were put. But that's just my choice. There's no right or wrong answer. My implants will just sag with the tissue and I chose that option.
If you are concerned, please have another chat with your surgeon and hopefully some girls will be along who've had furries to put your mind at ease and I'm sure they will have already had these conversations with their surgeons.
It is such a minefield but your surgeon is ultimately who you need as they wouldn't use them if they thought you were at risk I'm sure.
Google can be everyone's worst enemy xx
going4it
going4it
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 745

Back to top Go down

Post by biggerboobs13 18th May 2015, 8:35 pm

Thank you ladies for all your advice
biggerboobs13
biggerboobs13
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by biggerboobs13 18th May 2015, 8:37 pm

Argh my posts keep being half deleted lol I wrote ALOT more about allergan implants etc I'll try & retrieve my deleted post! Nt sure why it's happening to me ! Xx
biggerboobs13
biggerboobs13
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 18th May 2015, 9:51 pm

A lot of girls here seem to put way to much stock into what is and isnt FDA approved. FDA means nothing to us, it is a US government stamp of approval. In the UK, we have the CE mark. If the furries are CE approved, which they have to be in order for them to be used in surgery, they have been deemed safe and legal according to UK legislation. 

There are a lot of implants that arent actually FDA approved, with silicone only recently so (I believe), which is why saline is much more popular over there. Theres a lot more headlines with FDA because its attention grabbing. But do you really think, even with all the grey areas within cosmetic surgery, that any surgeon would put something carcinogenic into someones body?

Besides, you do enough studies and everything becomes a carcinogen.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 19th May 2015, 5:43 am

Agree with charli, they wouldn't be approved if they were harmful. And don't be thinking fda regs are sticter than our own in the UK....in many areas they are not!'
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarissa 19th May 2015, 7:17 am

Hi biggerboobs.

They are safe so please do not worry. I haven't had the same ones as you. I had conical low profile just over 2 years ago and all I would say is speak to your surgeon about how and where they will sit as my own breast are sagging off the implants and it a very alien feeling. Not sure if this is just with the conical ones but ask just in case ok. Good luck.x.
Clarissa
Clarissa
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by biggerboobs13 19th May 2015, 7:18 am

Ok that's great thanks ladies for your input
biggerboobs13
biggerboobs13
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by biggerboobs13 19th May 2015, 7:20 am

I'm going to meet with my surgeon as I originally wanted allergans so will see what he says ️xxx
biggerboobs13
biggerboobs13
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by biggerboobs13 10th June 2015, 8:14 pm

UPDATE !!
So I've met with my surgeon for the forth time ! & I'm def happy with the furry polyurethane implants :-))
Everything was explained to me & they're the best implant for me.
All booked in for JULY!! Excited!. Any advice/tips for after surgery welcome xxx
biggerboobs13
biggerboobs13
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 9NDFp 11th June 2015, 9:53 am

Hey Biggerboobs13 that is so exciting!! I'm also having surgery in July, same type of implant as you (furry Brazilians) but undecided as to whether to have conical, round or teardrop. Who's your surgeon and what shape and profile are you going for? Exciting times! Xx
9NDFp
9NDFp
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 498

Back to top Go down

Post by biggerboobs13 11th June 2015, 10:14 am

Hi Shona,
I'm having Rounds (called maximum) I'm probably having the 420cc LOW prof but he might try the 505cc MODS during theatre & see which looks best :-)
I'm hoping for a DD/E cup!.
My surgeon is FAB! I love him he's so lovely & very knowledgable (he also wrks Breast unit nhs )
I really recommend him so far if you've not chosen your surgeon yet? He's in leeds
What sort of cc you thinking of?
Xxx
biggerboobs13
biggerboobs13
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down