Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any had Polyurethane implants?

+2
yettiricey
nix47
6 posters

Go down

Any had Polyurethane implants? Empty Any had Polyurethane implants?

Post by nix47 23rd May 2011, 12:38 pm

My PS spoke very positively of them, but I haven't noticed if anyone on the forum has used them?

If remember correctly, my PS said they were off the market for a while (like 20 years ago!) but after more thorough testing they were reintroduced, and he said he has been using them for years and favours them.

They are supposed to have a very low rate of CC, but I'm feeling a bit edgy. So would like to hear if anyone has had them. My PS seems to have a great reputation and I've only heard positive things about him, so maybe it's just some pre-op jitters!

xxx
nix47
nix47
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 164

Back to top Go down

Any had Polyurethane implants? Empty Re: Any had Polyurethane implants?

Post by yettiricey 23rd May 2011, 12:45 pm

Hello Nix47.

I have recently done some research on these implants as well as spoken to my surgeon. My surgeon recomended them to me as I've just had CC and he felt this would be a good option and apparently they are a very good implant. Please however research as much as you can. I read (and was told by my surgeon) that they are quite hard to remove if need be. You might think you won't ever want them removed but the chances are at some point in your life you WILL need to have a reop, either because of complications or the simple age of the implant. I decided against these implants a) because having just had my 3rd BA (all due to complications) I realise more than some that a reop is always a situation that may arise and b) because I was once a guinea pig for a new safe implant and they were withdrawn from the market etc so I decided to plump with a good tried and tested implant.

I think the polyurathane is a good option if you've had CC and really don't want to risk it again but for me I decided not to go with it (even though I had CC).

Please realise this is just my opinion and there are people who told me it's a good implant etc. Do as much research as you can hun xxxx

yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2309

Back to top Go down

Post by nix47 23rd May 2011, 1:36 pm

I have done quite a bit of reading and they seem to be rated very well, and from what I read the longer you have them in the easier it is to remove.

Just wanted to hear from somebody who actually has had them/ or had any problems with them!

Just phoned up my clinic to double check how long he has been using them, and it had been over two years ( my memory must have failed me). He had been using Nagor for over 20 years but found these to be better.

He has not had one patient with CC since he's started using them and everyone has been very happy and no complaints about them not dropping etc.

I've got exams on at the moment and so I can only see my PS two days before the op to finalize sizings and talk through any last minute questions, so getting a bit worked up really!

Thanks for the response yettiricey, nice to hear your personal reasonings!

xx
nix47
nix47
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 23rd May 2011, 1:40 pm

Oh that sounds quite stressful. I didn't fully decide right until the morning re implants. I have read that the polyurethane are much less likely to get CC and you do not need to massage them after surgery, but to be honest my surgeon told me I didn't need to do this with mine. If I got CC again then I would have them and they apparently have a very natural look.

Good luck with your exams etc xxx
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 23rd May 2011, 2:43 pm

I think Yetti given very good advice.

They're not an implant I'd personally use unless it was neccessary because I was prone to CC, only then would this be an implant I'd then consider.

Your surgeon may not have had any patients that have had CC but this is not the only complication you are at risk of when having a BA, there are many along with the possiblity of your breasts changing aesthetically through having children or age... somewhere along the way as Yetti said you ARE likely to need a re-op and these implants are reknowned for being difficult to remove.

I personally would choose the Nagor 'Impleo' over the polyurethane, they're a far superior implant and if you want the best for your money, they'd be the ones I'd personally opt for sweetness.

Choice is yours though babe, this is just my opinion based on my own research. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kezza85 23rd May 2011, 2:58 pm

one of the companys I look at said they used the silicare implants (i beleve they are made in brazil?) and Im pretty sure they had the polyurethane coating (I maybe wrong) When I done my research I found a few things saying that the coating can put you at higher risk of breast cancer only a very slim risk but still that was enough to put me off..

But again as the others have said this was my research and my opinion...

Good luck with your research hun x x x
kezza85
kezza85
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 532

http://www.decalz.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 23rd May 2011, 3:06 pm

Yes Kezza this is another reason I was put off. There have been two types of implants where there has been a slight doubt as to whether it might cause cancerous cells if ruptured....one was tri-lucent and one polyurethane. I was given Tri-Lucent as my first ever implant and I was sold it is as the safest implant on the market. It was then withdrawn 3 years later saying there was a risk if ruptured it could cause cancerous cells to develop. When mine were removed BOTH had infact ruptured. I now live with this knowledge and only time may tell but fingers crossed I'll be fine! Then there were PIPS which had a high level of rupture etc....and guess who had them put in after the tri-lucent???? Yup lil ol me!!!!! So when I read that about polurethane it was my final peice of information that made me decide. Again there are risks with every surgery etc, but for me I wanted a very good tried and tested implant. My surgeon said they were the rolls royce of implants and his opinion was very important to me.

However as I say if I were to get CC again then I would have to go with the polurethane as my last and final chance of having nice boobs.

Y
x
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 23rd May 2011, 4:09 pm

i have never even heard of these. Whts different sbout them/ THEY HAVE A COATING?? X
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2901

Back to top Go down

Post by kezza85 23rd May 2011, 4:22 pm

They have like a foam coating jen if i remember rightly x
kezza85
kezza85
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 532

http://www.decalz.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by nix47 23rd May 2011, 4:26 pm

Yeah, they do. It's kind of furry.. I think the best way to describe it is that it feels like felt, maybe a bit softer. It basically works a bit like velcro, so it holds the implants in places and adheres with your natural tissue (that sounds quite scary!) and stops then from moving out of place, and also stops flipping over like can happen in tear drop shapes.

From my reading, they seem to be used a lot in Australia and Brazil but are still fairly new here, so obviously people are a bit more cautious about them.

All my concerns are very similar to the reasons you have all mentioned above, but it does seem that they thought the coating could cause cancer and links back to the cases with rats manymany years ago, but over the years, there has not been one single case of cancer in any patients with PU implants.
I can't seem to find anything about the actual silicone gel leading to risk of cancer.

It seems the coating dissolves over the years, meaning in essence it becomes like completely normal silicone implant, but has settled better and become almost part of your breast, but isn't impossible or overly hard to remove.

Ekk, it's so confusing. In my gut I trust my PS and there seems to be so many good things about the implant.

xxx
nix47
nix47
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 23rd May 2011, 4:37 pm

Nix, if your surgeon has offered you both Nagor Impleos and the polyeurothane, the Nagor are a far more superior implant hun, the Polyeurothane are a cheaper implant, I'm not for a moment suggesting your surgeon is saving himself some money in switching to the polyeurothane but you should know that Nagor Impleos are the most used implant that BAAPs registered surgeons seem to choose here in the UK. They're British made and are a VERY good implant, between the two, you're getting a better implant overall with the Nagor Impleos hun. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 23rd May 2011, 5:48 pm

In my personal opinion they banned pip's and recalled them many many years ago, only to bring them back and sell them again to find out they were being recalled again with a possibility of being harmful, I would not use an implant that had ever been removed from the market for being harmful. It screams PIPs to me all over again. But that is my opinion. I obviously am not a surgeon. My other reason would be due to the adhereance of the implant to the breast tissue, what if you needed a re op in a year or two when they are really stuck in there? How much of your natural healthy breast tissue would they have to cut out to get the implant out? I dont have a lot and wouldn't like to loose very much.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 23rd May 2011, 6:18 pm

Yes Misf that's what I thought. My surgeon said he would use a digger if necessary to remove it (just incase of a rupture or anything) but I pointed out HE might not always be around!!!! They are easier to remove over time and they are much less likely to move than other implants but here is my theory.....and it's just mine.

I had 2 ops with a very highly regarded surgeon in Harley street 16 years ago. Twice I was given a new type of implant...the first time I was sold it as being a safe option (WRONG) and the second one I was just told it was silicone. Well niaive me (and this wonderful forum wasn't around then) thought there was only one type of silicone implant. I was given PIPS and my surgeon (and I really did trust his judgement to get it right for me this time). He didn't even bother to let me know all these years later (OOOppps was the girls words when I phoned them 8 weeks ago, we should have let you know). I believe that some NOT ALL surgeons make more money by using a non superior implant...or maybe they get little back handers from the sales people of the implant manufacterer to push their implants above others.

My surgeon this time gave me lots of information and he told me that the allergen were much better and he wasn't going to charge me anymore or less either way. He allowed me time to do my research and we discussed it on the morning of the surgery and we both agreed that the polyurethane just wasn't for me considering everything I've been through.

As I mentioned before I would use the polurethane if I am unlucky enough to get CC again (God forbid) but only as my last and final option.

yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 23rd May 2011, 6:23 pm

they are much less likely to move than other implants

I think this would have been most likely when we only had smooth implants to compare with but now we have the new generation textured implants which adhere to the pocket with no help at all it may be a very different story. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 23rd May 2011, 6:23 pm

True....mine are still where I left them this morning :good:
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down