Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pure polyurethane implants advice/photos

+5
misf1
Kxx
Love2run
COOKIE
flowermanc
9 posters

Go down

pure polyurethane implants advice/photos Empty pure polyurethane implants advice/photos

Post by flowermanc 17th May 2012, 5:33 pm

Hey girls

Anyone on here have photos or any thoughts/advise on the pure implants.. ive done a bit of research into these .. & the thought of getting CC is one of my worst worries which is why my Pc remomended if i was really worried to go away and do my research in to these.

Any one had them and how are they feeling and sitting on you? xx
flowermanc
flowermanc
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 58

Back to top Go down

pure polyurethane implants advice/photos Empty Re: pure polyurethane implants advice/photos

Post by COOKIE 17th May 2012, 5:38 pm

I'm sure these implants are sold under another name called Silimed. I may be wrong but it's the first thing that came into my head when I read your title. There are a few threads on here if you'd like to read those lovely. Just type Silimed into the search tool at the top of the forum and the threads should come up for you. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

pure polyurethane implants advice/photos Empty Re: pure polyurethane implants advice/photos

Post by flowermanc 17th May 2012, 5:42 pm

yes sure they are the same.. think there's a few names for them Furry Brazilian as well.. i will do a little search :)
flowermanc
flowermanc
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 17th May 2012, 5:48 pm

I've just pulled up their website and they are actually the same implant hun.

Something on the website stood out to me -

All Silimed implants are Class III CE Marked, and manufactured in accordance with many other approved standards, ISO and FDA.

This to me seems very cleverly worded and upon first look when most of us do a speed read it would seem these implants are FDA approved...

Just wanted to let you know incase you thought they were hun that they're not. The only FDA approved implants are Allegan, Mentor and just recently Sientra have been given approval. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Love2run 18th May 2012, 2:57 am

I have just had my second lot of silimed implants. These are much better than the first. I'm still out of town and on my phone but if you pm with some questions I'll try and help out when i get home.
Love2run
Love2run
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 346

Back to top Go down

Post by Love2run 18th May 2012, 3:00 am

Just found this hope it's true.

Silimed the Brazilian manufacturer of breast implants received FDA approval on Friday, this makes them one of only 3 companies with FDA approval been Mentor, Allergan and Silimed and making Silimed the only company to have shaped implants approved.

This is good news for patients as the FDA have much tighter regulations than in Europe and we need to see choice for patients.
Love2run
Love2run
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Love2run 18th May 2012, 3:03 am

Just found this hope it's true.

Silimed the Brazilian manufacturer of breast implants received FDA approval on Friday, this makes them one of only 3 companies with FDA approval been Mentor, Allergan and Silimed and making Silimed the only company to have shaped implants approved.

This is good news for patients as the FDA have much tighter regulations than in Europe and we need to see choice for patients.
Love2run
Love2run
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Kxx 18th May 2012, 6:39 am

Are Nagor approved?

Confussed!!

:(
Kxx
Kxx
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1198

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 18th May 2012, 10:34 am

Nagor are not FDA approved at the moment. And of the implant manufacturers mentioned only one type of their whole range is approved. For example only the responsive gel in the Allergan inspira range is FDA approved. When you consider FDA approval you have to take into account it takes over 10 years of trials and testing to receive approval so the technology is old. Technology moves on and the newer type gummi bear implants are now on the market, for example the nagor impleo and the inspira soft touch. These newer type implants have been around long enough to know how good they are but not long enough for trials by the FDA. They may be undergoing trials as we speak. In my opinion if you know the implant is from a well established manufacturer such as allergan etc then fda approval wouldn't be my main priority. As for nagor, they are a British made implant and the health regulations are pretty high, so I would think they are of a very good standard. Surgeons also seem to like the nagor range in the UK and the impleo get a lot of praise.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 18th May 2012, 11:01 am

Love2run wrote:Just found this hope it's true.

I actually added a thread in 'Breast Augmentation Information' a while ago about the new FDA implant. It is you're right from the Silimed range. Now I'm unsure if Silimed have changed their name (This isn't unusual) or if it's one one brand of Silimed that has been approved. But the third implant to be approved is called 'Sientra' This acually IS of the Silimed range. But if someone was wanted FDA approval in particular, I'd personally check the brand being used.

From the FDA HERE

More information from the thread on BJSF [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 18th May 2012, 12:18 pm

This is the Sientra FDA report for anyone interested:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I've skimmed through it, and although Sientra is part of the Silimed range, it does not appear to be the PURE variety. It looks like it is just a textured implant:

Sientra Implants are single-lumen devices composed of a barrier-type, silicone elastomer shell, filled with high-strength silicone gel. The Implants are dry heat sterilized and are available in various shapes, profiles, and sizes.

There's no mention of the poly coating. Also I'm not sure if the silicone filling is just cohesive like other FDA approved implants, or form stable cohesive like non FDA approved implants. I'd be curious to know.

It's important to remember that the FDA is an American body for the American market. There was a silicone ban there for quite a few years while the rest of the world carried on with silicone filling, not saline. Outside the USA form stable (gummy bear) silicone is now often the norm.

Neither Nagor Impleo or Allergan Natrelle Soft Touch are approved by the FDA, these are not sold to the American market. However, these were both my first choice implants regardless because I wanted the latest fifth generation form stable cohesive silicone instead of the fourth generation cohesive currently approved by the FDA (eg. Allergan Natrelle Responsive)

HTH xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 18th May 2012, 12:28 pm

Thanks Roxanne, I had a hunch not ALL Silimed would be approved. pure polyurethane implants advice/photos 184153

Alot of ladies at the moment are seeking to have FDA only implants after the PIP scare which is why it's so important for women to know exactly what they're getting, especially with so many clinics cleverly wording their after-care policies to disguise cover as well.

My own implants (Allergan CUIs) are not FDA approved, however I did extensive research before having them implanted as all women should do when undergoing BA surgery.

This thread has been very informative, I'm sure it will help lots of women. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flowermanc 18th May 2012, 4:00 pm

thanks girls very interesting i was unsure if they were fdf.. i suppos i need to our way the pros/cons with these.. the 1% cc is a massive pro for me.. although ive heard they can be more firm with other implants im my mind that equals a more fake look/feel. Maybe i should think about having the allergen natural or the nagor implo what my ps offers..he said if i ever got cc he would highly suggest a reop with pure ones. which i would also opt for. so much to consider seeing stars
flowermanc
flowermanc
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shirtripper 21st May 2012, 12:24 pm

I had silimed polyuthene Coated implants around 8 months ago and I've had no problems x
shirtripper
shirtripper
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by flowermanc 21st May 2012, 5:04 pm

Hi shirtstripper.

what shape implant did you have.. also whats your opinion on the feel of them? ive had a few girls say they are quite a firm & not as soft as they like.. how have they turned out on you ? xx
flowermanc
flowermanc
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shirtripper 21st May 2012, 5:25 pm

Hi I had 410cc anatomicals they feel nice and squishy now although it has taken along while for them to get like this up until about 2 months ago I could really feel the implants at the bottom half of my boobs but it's not really noticeable now I won't lie it does take a while for them to soften up and it's been hard being patient x
shirtripper
shirtripper
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 293

Back to top Go down

pure polyurethane implants advice/photos Empty Getting mine soon! Pure polyurethane implants

Post by 420Oranges 10th June 2012, 6:36 pm

I'll be getting 245 cc Pure polyurethane implants by silimed. I'll be getting them over the muscle or subglandular. Can anyone with simliar implants show me pics of their BA? I am worried for the size and the fact that they are over the muscle. Any thoughts or pictures would be great :-) My surgery is July 17th!
420Oranges
420Oranges
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess76 10th June 2012, 6:44 pm

I had the soft touch because I was told they were FDA approved, and that they were of the same standard as the responsives, the only difference being soft touch had a thicker inner shell. I'm shocked to hear that they aren't, especially as they were the most expensive of the implants I was offered
Princess76
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th June 2012, 6:49 pm

Hello and welcome to BJSF 420Oranges pure polyurethane implants advice/photos 399357

You'll find most members like to get to know you before showing pics babe, given the very personal and intimate nature of showing pics of naked breasts I'm sure you'll understand the reasoning behind that. There are some ladies here who are willing to share with anyone though, so maybe one of those will be happy to share.

You'll find our pic status rules [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] sweetheart.

You might find our [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of interest to you lovely.

You'll probably see from that thread that women with even the exact same stats and the exact same sized implant can result in a huge variation of different sizes, this is due to your own anatomy which is unique to you lovely, so although you may have the same stats as another women, you may have more/less breast tissue than her, you may have more/less overall body fat than her, your natural breast may fall differently, your rib cage could be wider/narrower... I could go on and on lovely but I think you get the gist and all these factors matter when achieving your resulting size, so please take stats and pictures of other women as a guide only.

You'll find lots of information here sweetheart and being pre-BA you might like to take a read through the 'Breast Augmentation Information' section of the forum, theres so much valuable information in there for pre-oppers that I think you'd find of interest.

You may also like to introduce yourself in the 'Say Hello' section of the board babe, so we can all give you the warm welcome you deserve hun.

And lastly.... ENJOY THE FORUM! pure polyurethane implants advice/photos 154564 XX
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down