Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pure polyurethane OR Allergan Implants????

+3
LJR
5stonedown
biggerboobs13
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pure polyurethane OR Allergan Implants???? Empty Pure polyurethane OR Allergan Implants????

Post by biggerboobs13 25th September 2013, 10:19 am

Hi

Can anyone offer any advise on these implants??

I have only just realised that these implants are both different!!! I currently have Euro silicone cohesive gel Implants and I was wondering are either of these similar to what I have??

Also is the surgery more intense having the polys???

The polys sound great but I don't think transform offer these implants?

Hope you can help!?

Thanks ladies :-))

XXXX
biggerboobs13
biggerboobs13
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 191

Back to top Go down

Pure polyurethane OR Allergan Implants???? Empty Re: Pure polyurethane OR Allergan Implants????

Post by 5stonedown 25th September 2013, 10:44 am

I have the PURE  implants, not every surgeon offers them in the UK as they have to have had training to use them as then placement method is different. Both Allergan and Sillimed (who make PURE implants) are good companies who make quality implants. The PURE implants do take longer to settle and soften but are supposed to reduce the risk of capsular contracture even further than textured implants and are guaranteed not to rotate or bottom out. They are not more painful to have out in but if you have them removed it can be a bit more painful as they adhere to the pocket so tightly (which is why they dont rotate or bottom out!) Any questions ask away, I did loads of research before I had the PURE implants!!!
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Pure polyurethane OR Allergan Implants???? Empty Re: Pure polyurethane OR Allergan Implants????

Post by LJR 25th September 2013, 10:50 am

I have the Allergan Natrelle 410's which I thought were very similar to the polyurethane texture.

Are they not both referred to as "furry brazillians"?

I had tear drop unders and so far I am really happy with them. My surgeon told me that they take 3 months to adhere properly. I am 8 weeks post op and they are already softening nicely.

I can't help with your question re transform though x
LJR
LJR
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 25th September 2013, 10:51 am

Like 5sd said both are great implants... Transform don't offer them as far as I'm aware I guess because they don'tdon't have the training to put them in and they tend to buy in bulk so if you do want them you will have to go elsewhere... 

Allergan are very popular and many women have them as they are a great brand x
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 25th September 2013, 12:01 pm

Transform don't offer polyeurothane babe. They offer Allergan CUIs as standard. If you want Allergans premium implant you're looking at paying a further £400 approximately for those.

You have two choice of the Allergan premium implant: the Allergan Natrelle Responsive and the Allergan Natrelle Soft Touch.

If you're looking for an implant on par with the polyeurothane then you'd be looking to have the Allergan Soft Touch. These are the new 5th generation implant with a 100% fill (more commonly known as the gummy bear implant) and have a reduced risk of CC with these implants babe. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by IsabellExpat 25th September 2013, 5:18 pm

I have the silimed polyurethane implants. Not all surgeons use those implants. My surgeon told me that they are a bit more tricky to put in place than other implants and the surgeon needs to be trained to work with this type of implant. 
I have done an uplift and because I'm prone to sagging furry brazilians with their velcro effect stay up a bit better and don't push that much on my thin skin under my boobs.
If you have a look at silimed or pure implants website, they have a list of which UK surgeons that are approved to work with their implants.
(sorry about my english) Give You
IsabellExpat
IsabellExpat
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 930

Back to top Go down

Post by biggerboobs13 27th September 2013, 9:34 am

Hi 5stonedown,

Was your recovery longer with the pure implants??.
Also is it a bigger job removing them with them attaching to the tissue??

Im feeling a bit put off the pures now just the thought of them having to cut away tissue t get them out??

Im thinking maybe going for the allergan natural soft touch??

Still not sure though!!!??
LOL!!

Thanks for your advice though xxxx
biggerboobs13
biggerboobs13
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by biggerboobs13 27th September 2013, 9:38 am

Hi Isabellexpat,
Thanks for your advice!

Ive been told by one surgeon that I also have thin skin & he wanted to do unders with the pure implants where as the other surgeon said hed do overs with allergan !??,

What bra size did you start off eith and what did the 410s take you to??

Thanks hun xxxx
biggerboobs13
biggerboobs13
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by IsabellExpat 27th September 2013, 9:53 am

biggerboobs13 wrote:Hi Isabellexpat,
Thanks for your advice!

Ive been told by one surgeon that I also have thin skin & he wanted to do unders with the pure implants where as the other surgeon said hed do overs with allergan !??,

What bra size did you start off eith and what did the 410s take you to??

Thanks hun xxxx
I started of a a deflated C-cup. My boobs was extremely saggy and the most important for me was to have perky boobs and I didn't care that much about size to be honest.
My surgeon suggested 440cc round moderate profile furry brazilians based on the fact that I needed my implants to be 13cm in diameter, needed upper fullness and and implant that stayed in place.
I don't now what my size is going to be to be honest, I haven't looked much into that to be honest. For me the size is only letters and numbers and I only care about how they look.
My ribcage is 31 inch and the measure around my nipples are 38 inch, hopefully that information and my avi picture can give you an idea about the size.

They don't need to cut away tissue when they remove furry brazilians! The only difference is that they take 2-3 extra minutes to take out than a normal implant because they have the velcro effect.
Both me and 5 stone down have done a lot of research on those implants before we choose them and if you are interested in more info 5 stone down is a lot better in english than me (I'm scandinavian)
You can also google "silimed implants" "pure implants" and "furry brazilian implants" to read all possible information about them.
IsabellExpat
IsabellExpat
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 930

Back to top Go down

Post by achorley 27th September 2013, 10:45 am

I had allergen natrelle gel hun xx
achorley
achorley
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 590

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th September 2013, 1:46 pm

I always wanted the Nagor implant for when I have my next surgery babe, but the polyeurothane came on the market since then and I have to say.... From the research I've done, they're an excellent implant and these have now replaced my choice and I'll personally be opting for the polyeurothane myself babe. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 27th September 2013, 4:39 pm

I went with the PURE implants as I too had significant sagging prior to my op and I wanted an implant that would stay put. I am very happy with my choice and when I replace these implants I will defo have PURE implants again! My recovery was the same length as it would have been wth any other implant but they just take a bit longer to soften. The good thing is they don't have to drop like other implants and the surgeon places them where they are meant to stay.
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by biggerboobs13 28th September 2013, 12:01 pm

Thanks isabellExpat,

Thankyou for all the information!, im very tempted to make the long journey and go and see your surgeon as he seems to be happier with using larger implants.

At spire near me, they use pure silimed poly implants but like to go for the smaller implants :-(
I want 460cc ideally overs too.

xxx
biggerboobs13
biggerboobs13
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by biggerboobs13 28th September 2013, 12:10 pm

Hi 5stonedown,

Thanks again for your advice,
Im liking the idea of the pures now, I just need to find a surgeon that will give me 460cc implants! :-)

If not I think i'll go with the allergan naturals soft touch if they are a very similar implant?

XXX
biggerboobs13
biggerboobs13
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by biggerboobs13 28th September 2013, 12:13 pm

Hi Cookie,

Thanks for advice!,

In your opinion do you think that the Allergan Natural soft touch implants are very similar to the silimed pure polys implants??
Also do I go for the mid profile with a larger cc to get a wider based boob with good projection etc?!

XXXX
biggerboobs13
biggerboobs13
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by biggerboobs13 28th September 2013, 12:20 pm

Also does anyone know if the guarantee is different /better than the guarantee with the allergan naturals?

Is the removal of the pure implants a lot different/ more invasive than the removal of the allergans??

xxx
biggerboobs13
biggerboobs13
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 28th September 2013, 12:35 pm

biggerboobs13 wrote:Hi Cookie,

Thanks for advice!,

In your opinion do you think that the Allergan Natural soft touch implants are very similar to the silimed pure polys implants??
Also do I go for the mid profile with a larger cc to get a wider based boob with good projection etc?!

XXXX
Yes, the Allergan Soft Touch is similar babe. They too are the 5th generation implant and with a lesser risk of CC although the polyeurothane do offer the least risk. The difference in shell is that the polyeurothane embeds itself into the tissue of the breast giving and immediate positioning, the Soft Touch have a textured shell, which in time in time will allow the implant to settle into the pocket and then adhere to the pocket.

The Soft Touch are an excellent implant and are part of Allergans premium range. They would be a very good choice of implant and are on par with the polyeurothane. X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by biggerboobs13 28th September 2013, 12:45 pm

Ok that's great, thanks cookie yipee 

Im going to see if transform do the allergan soft touch and have a good think about which implant to choose and company to go with!

XXX
biggerboobs13
biggerboobs13
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by biggerboobs13 28th September 2013, 12:54 pm

Meant to ask: Are the allergan naturals & pures a lot better than eurosillicones?

I have had my eurosilicone in for nearly 10 years now and theyre really soft & not really had any problems with them.

Just thinkin if I can get an implant similar to this or better im hoping to again not really have problems

xxx
biggerboobs13
biggerboobs13
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 28th September 2013, 1:08 pm

These implants are the best on the market babe along with Nagor Impleo the Natrelle Responsive and Mentor.

I will however say that you've been 'lucky' to have your implants last you for 10 years hun, but in realistic terms its very important for you to know that there are no guarantees with ANY implants. Its proven that the majority of us will change implants again within ten years, but that could be anytime within that ten year period, so be sure you have good aftercare lovely and its always wise to start a booby fund when you have breast implants because again... You can never be 100% sure how long they'll last. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by biggerboobs13 29th September 2013, 7:32 am

Thanks soo much for your advice Cookie!!  :ok: 
I'm going to double check what aftercare transform & spire are offering.

Also, during my consultation at transform they showed me an implant cut in half, but the inside was more like hair gel not like a jelly sweet& it left a greasy residue on my hand???.
I found it strange as I remember the implants i have were like a jelly sweet on the inside. 

Are the allergen ones i was shown not cohesive? It was the allergan CUI 95% fill they showed me??.

Xxx
biggerboobs13
biggerboobs13
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 29th September 2013, 10:30 am

CUIs are 'cohesive silicone' they a 95% and the same filling as the Natrelle Responsives.

Th Natrelle Soft Touch, Nagor and Mentor have a 'highly cohesive silicone' these implants are nicknamed the 'gummy bear' implant, which as you said, if you cut through these will remain form stable. They're a little firmer than the cohesive range, so its all about choice...

Transform but CUIs in bulk and therefore save themselves money in providing this implant to their client. If you want one of Allergans superior implants you have to ask for it hun because they don't have them in stock unlike the CUIs. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by biggerboobs13 29th September 2013, 5:20 pm

Ok that's great thanks again for all ur advice!,

Its helping me make a decision hopefully soon! lol.

Im going to now try and find out if my current implants (eurosilicone) are cohesive OR gummy bear implants.

XXX
biggerboobs13
biggerboobs13
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 29th September 2013, 5:28 pm

I've just had a look on google and it says it's cohesive? On their website :) xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by biggerboobs13 29th September 2013, 5:44 pm

Thanks Jennifferf1,

Ive had a look but its hard to know if the ones I had put in 10yrs ago are the same cohesive as they make today?

How are your boobs settling in?
Have you experienced much pain/discomfort?

XX
biggerboobs13
biggerboobs13
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next