Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

more worries....?!

3 posters

Go down

more worries....?! Empty more worries....?!

Post by pixi81 7th March 2015, 7:56 pm

Hi girls, well I've booked for the 2nd of April,  made all the necessary arrangements, had all my paperwork through from the hospital and have my pre-op check this Thurs. 
While completing the medical questionnaire I realised I've actually had a fair few problems and now I'm scared it's going to be cancelled and a big NO! When I met with my surgeon at the consultation I went over the main ones and he was fine with them. 
I guess I'll need to be patient again argh! Has anyone been refused at this time?  Thank you for all advice x
pixi81
pixi81
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 185

Back to top Go down

more worries....?! Empty Re: more worries....?!

Post by mrsball 7th March 2015, 8:03 pm

Nowadays the hospital will be able to accommodate for medical problems especially the smaller hospitals spire/bmi/Nuffield. 

As long as you've been honest they'll do all they can to make sure your surgery goes ahead. I'm sure you'll be absoulty fine Hun x  Hug
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by Raisen22 7th March 2015, 8:10 pm

Absolutely agree with Mrsball! 

If you've been completely transparent with them in terms of your health/lifestyle/medical conditions, and the surgeon is ok then you should be fine. 

I'm a diabetic and was also a smoker, but gave up 3 weeks before the op and still smoke free now! 

x x x
Raisen22
Raisen22
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 104

Back to top Go down

Post by pixi81 7th March 2015, 8:26 pm

Thanks very much, it is indeed a spire hospital.
I've told them everything I've been through medically, I'm a very nervous patient, so want complete safety! Just concerned past problems may put a stop to it all. I'm probably being paranoid as things are getting moving and don't want it all taken away from me x
pixi81
pixi81
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pixi81 7th March 2015, 8:27 pm

P's well done for quitting smoking, I did four years ago and so glad I stuck with it x
pixi81
pixi81
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Raisen22 7th March 2015, 8:31 pm

I had mine done through Spire too hun! 

Well, if everything medical has been covered (which I imagine is the most important out of everything) and the surgeon was ok, I guess you shouldn't have much to worry about. 

Don't forget, you can call the nurses at spire and ask them about the questions on the form, they can advise if this will pose a problem or not. I had to call and ask about a couple of questions! 

x x x
Raisen22
Raisen22
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Raisen22 7th March 2015, 8:34 pm

Thanks hun, it had to be done! Shouldn't have been smoking anyway being diabetic. Enough was enough! 

Feel sooooooooo much better now! 

And good on you hunny, that's great, gives me great confidence I can keep it up! 

x x x
Raisen22
Raisen22
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pixi81 7th March 2015, 8:39 pm

Thanks I thinks it's maybe nerves giving me worry! I'll maybe ring up about it, good idea.
I haven't saved much money lol but it's probably saved my face a bit! X
pixi81
pixi81
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Raisen22 7th March 2015, 8:46 pm

It was the same with me, a couple of the questions made me a little bit nervous about if I might get mine cancelled! There should be a number for the pre-admission nurses either on that form, or on the letter that came with the form, but def give them a ring if in doubt and if anything, to put your mind at rest! 

Haha, my little app tells me I've saved £460 in just over 2months, do I have that money to show for it...NO! It's been spent on make up and bras haha! I was fed up of smelling like smoke, all my clothes smelling, and I didn't want my son to constantly smell it on me or even get affected by the fumes coming off me when I'd had one or off my clothes! And def want to keep me face looking ok! 

x x x
Raisen22
Raisen22
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pixi81 8th March 2015, 7:18 am

Yes definitely, I smell other smokers now and can't believe I smelled that way all the time! For ages when I had a glass a wine I'd crave a cigarette with it but for the last couple of years that has completely vanished and I don't associate them anymore. I look at old pics and find it hard to believe I smoked 20 a day! X
pixi81
pixi81
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Raisen22 8th March 2015, 9:27 am

My partner is still smoking, pretty heavily! I knew that if I could give up while he's still smoking then I can def do it, and I have. Do you find that the smell of smoke smells weird on people, when I smoked I could just smell that typical fag smell, but now Ive given up its not that same smell I can smell, it's really a weird burnt funny smell!?
That's what I worries about, drinking = smoking, and lots of. But I had a few cocktails on Valentine's night and I didn't even think about smoking!! But then again, I'm using one of those vaparette things, they've helped me massively! I too smoked about 18-20 a day, makes me sick thinking I was doing that!! 

I just hope my partner can do it, although I think he'll find it harder, he smoked since he started in the army at 16, and it's probably been his comfort for all the sh*t he's gone through/done. Letting go of that is gonna be hard for him. But I've got hope!! 

x x x
Raisen22
Raisen22
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pixi81 8th March 2015, 11:12 am

My husband quit about the same time as me and he went to support group at the gp. He got given patches and inhalator thing, there wasn't a vaping device then lol, and he stuck with it too. We both started when we were 13 so it was a lot of years we smoked, 20 for him and 16 for me. If we can stay off it u can too! We did have baby no. 2 on way at time so of course she was a big incentive, though I'm glad we didn't take it up again after the pregnancy, like I stupidly did after my first baby. X
pixi81
pixi81
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down