Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

worries: pills

+2
nads
renz
6 posters

Go down

worries: pills Empty worries: pills

Post by renz 4th April 2009, 9:47 am

my next consult is 7 days before my op and i'm worried coz i've got questions about medication....when i rang mybreast the girl said "mr topping asks you to carry on your pill as normal"....but then i've noticed a few of u saying you have had to stop??

I'm on a herbal pill called sida cordifia which helps with energy levels n boosting weight loss when on a strict diet....I don't mind coming off this but i wanna be skinny before op lol!!! And i'm 5lbs away from target.....

Also i'm on dianette as my contraceptive pill.....has anyone else taken it as normal when in surgery??

I don't want it to come round to surgery day and i die because of it , or there is complications because of it

x
renz
renz
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 647

Back to top Go down

worries: pills Empty Re: worries: pills

Post by nads 4th April 2009, 10:01 am

Was the Mybreast girl Mr Topping's secretary? I would ask him specifically about that herbal pill and your pill hun just to make sure, im on the injection and it was fine to be on that but a pill is different i guess x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by renz 4th April 2009, 10:04 am

yes his secretary emma, but she's a weird one. Mind u she had surgery with him and she said she was on her pill at the time coz mr topping thinks it's too disruptive to stop when you're also having surgery xx
renz
renz
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 4th April 2009, 10:05 am

Lol oh ok, well thats ok then but I would ask him about that herbal pill though hun x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelpie 4th April 2009, 10:06 am

I would honestly phone up and ask about the Sida Cordifia... you normally are asked to stop herbal meds. I don't know what's in that product, but personally wouldn't risk it.

Also how "strict" a diet are you on? I would be careful to eat healthily as this will help your recovery too. If you are on a very strict diet, where you are in ketosis (eg Atkins, Cambridge, Lighter Life) you MUST resume a normal healthy diet. I know for a fact that being on the Cambrdge diet thins the blood and is contra-indicated with surgery.

Regarding the contraceptive pill... different surgeons make different sugestions... so go with what your surgeon says. The reason why it is sometimes suggested that the contraceptive pill is stopped before surgery, is that it can increase the risk of DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) especially if you're going to be imobilised for some time. You will be given special compression stockings to wear during surgery to help reduce this risk and if you can get your legs mobile as soon as you can after surgery that will be of benefit too. I think the problems usually arise when someone is confined to bed for extended periods.

I am not a medical expert so please do check with you surgeon/nurse.

All the best. Angel x
Angelpie
Angelpie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post by renz 4th April 2009, 10:17 am

thanx angel....when i say strict diet, i'm on slimming world and losing about 2lbs a week....with heavy exercising. NO NAUGHTIES.....except the occasional curly wurly or low sugar jelly as a treat. I told mr topping i did slimming world before when i was in the consult as the reason i'm getting the boobies done is losing 5stone has dramatically changed them..

Gonna stop the herbal pill from monday then,....that gives it just under four weeks to leave my system....will stick to coffee to boost my energy lol x
renz
renz
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeBarbie 4th April 2009, 4:51 pm

I dont know about your slimming pill but its important to stop the contraceptive pill cos of the higher risk of DVT.. my surgeon asked me to stop it and i did. I know some surgeons say carry on but id rather not take the risk x
BlondeBarbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1849

Back to top Go down

Post by renz 4th April 2009, 8:54 pm

oh god....but isn't it too late to leave my system?
renz
renz
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 4th April 2009, 9:44 pm

Dont think so hun, i would call the pc/your ps again x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by renz 4th April 2009, 9:46 pm

i know this sounds silly but because she got the admin wrong i worry that she's wrong too.....and it seems impossible to get hold of mr topping
renz
renz
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 4th April 2009, 9:48 pm

Ah ok, maybe call her and tell her you need to ask your ps some questions and would like a quick phone consult from him, if she seems funny about that say you'd like to book another consultation then! They need to be avail to talk to their clients really x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by renz 4th April 2009, 9:53 pm

ok...will try *nervous*
renz
renz
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 4th April 2009, 9:55 pm

Lol aw if you're nervous hun i would just stop the herbal and the pill to be on the safe side, hopefully you'll get a phone consult x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeBarbie 6th April 2009, 6:12 pm

You'll be fine to stop your pill now hun, it only takes 7 days to leave your system x
BlondeBarbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1849

Back to top Go down

Post by moonmar 6th April 2009, 6:33 pm

My surgeon said it was my choice to stop the pill or not.... he said the risks are the same as if you go on a long-haul flight and people normally don't stop their contraceptive pill for that so he wouldn't.... but if I felt worried it was up to me to choose.
As for herbal medications, I had to stop taking vitamins as they thin the blood but not sure about yours hun, you should definitely ask.
moonmar
moonmar
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1377

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 6th April 2009, 9:36 pm

I was on Yasmin and I didn't stop the pill. But it's best to follow your surgeons advice, as going against any advice can possibly void your aftercare otherwise

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by renz 9th April 2009, 12:46 pm

thank goodness i stopped my pill, i asked the girl sorting out the mess of my appointments today about it and she asked mr topping for me, and she said "u need to stop 4weeks before!!" AAAAAH.....lol :LOL: why did they tell me to carry on first of all....without u girls i'd be rubbish!!! xx
renz
renz
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down