Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More worries

5 posters

Go down

More worries Empty More worries

Post by kimbodia 5th February 2015, 9:50 am

So since deciding a week or 2 ago that I can actually do this and afford to do it, I've thought of little else. I also realised that the end of March was a perfect time in terms of fitting in recovery well around the children so I guess I've put myself under a fair bit of pressure.

I've got 2 consultations lined up at BMI Saxon (Mr Vaingankar and Mr Ghosh) and I'm thinking of paying for a full consultation with Mr Nicholas James as I have a discount voucher from Pinehill Hospital making it only cost me £70. The first two are BAPRA and Mr James is BAAPS and BAPRA. I think that should be sufficient consultations to make a decision. I should have these completed by mid February.

I've thought about this on and off for 6 years but not with real depth, just could see the change in my chest with having children and feeling frustrated (more in the warmer months and bikini weather). My husband has always been happy for me to do it but we've never spoken in huge depth about. Since deciding the other week that I can afford to do it he's been a little too keen on it for my liking, whenever I raise issues about possible complications etc he brushes them off saying I'm overthinking it etc. I've pointed out to him that it'll be my body being sliced and changed forever so its me that needs to be happy about it. I also queried if he had any concern at all with me being knocked out etc, more to make him realise this isn't just a faddy new hairstyle or something, its pretty massive actually. That said, he is a good husband and has always had a can do attitude to life, it was me saying we couldn't afford something like this and it was him that said, look if you really want to do it then don't let it be the cost that stops you, we can afford it if you want it.

I'm finding the whole thinking about the hospital/consultant thing quite horrible, I've got a consultation on Friday night, hopefully I'll get over the grossness of it.

I think I'm putting myself under a time pressure with end March being ideal time, though I know during summer I feel frustrated at my chest. We're also considering emigrating to Australia in the next 2-3 years and I keep thinking how rubbish it will be to live in a lovely warm country feeling frustrated by my lack of chest. I thought this would be a great thing to tick off my list of things to do in prep for the big visa application!!!!

Its really playing on my mind the concern of long term bother with the implants. Is it fair to expect that using a good surgeon and going with the size implant they recommend and not something big, that I should hopefully not have long term issues? Its when I read about people saying they live with achy boobs or they hurt when they work out that it bothers me. I need to reconsider this if its going to give me long term discomfort. Obviously I'll put that question to the consultant.

I could really do with having a face to face with a girl whose had implants but I don't know any!!!!! But I know you ladies will hopefully have good advice for me. I've never posted on a forum so much in my life !!!!!!

Thanks all
kimbodia
kimbodia
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 22

Back to top Go down

More worries Empty Re: More worries

Post by anneritchley 5th February 2015, 10:37 am

Hi, from you post you seem to have a supportive husband, I think if I was being honest, you are putting obstacles of doubt in your own mind. As with all surgery there is a chance of complications, you just don't know if there will be any. Going with a BAAPS surgeon will lessen the chance slightly. But that's not saying there won't be any. Yes it is a big thing for you to do, but if you feel that it would improve your quality of life, then I would personally go for it. It sounds to me like you have done your research.byoyr husband sounds supportive. If you follow the surgeons instruction and don't run before you can walk, you will lessen the risk of complication again. As with things like CC, anyone can get that years down the line. When you have your consult, ask the surgeon about the risks. And make sure you write down all the questions you want to ask. If you are not %100 sure you want surgery, don't go ahead. Wait a little longer until you feel ready. My husband was keen on me having a BA but it was still my desicion. Xxxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 5th February 2015, 11:51 am

It's a risk you take, whether you have small implants or big implants, whether you end up with needing a re-op, having problems, having long-term aches day to day or by working out. It's up to you if you want to take that risk x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 5th February 2015, 12:18 pm

I think go ahead with your consultations and then decide. Don't make a decision up front, have an open mind. And you don't need to give yourself a time pressure either, there is always june half term and summer holidays. It may seem like your hubby is too encouraging and not taking things as seriously as you'd wish, but I'm sure he's just trying to be positive and suportive. After your consultations you'll be in a better position to decide. And whilst you're still unsure maybe spend some more time picturing how you'd feel with/without boobs going forwards x
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbodia 5th February 2015, 8:05 pm

Thank you Ladies. I really am on a roller coaster of yes, just bust on and do it (no pun intended!! :)) and oh my goodness its not as if I'm really unhappy with my body, why on earth am I thinking about doing this!!! Crazy girl.

I will go along to the consultations and see how I feel after them.

Thanks for all your help and advice, no doubt I'll be asking for more!
kimbodia
kimbodia
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 5th February 2015, 10:29 pm

I agree! - even if you deicide to scrap the idea of having your boobs done, at least after having consultations you understand the ins and outs!
My surgeon did go through the contraindications very thoroughly to me, he showed me pictures of rippling and certain problems to make me very aware of what could happen.. I think every surgeon is so different and you'll know where you feel comfortable :) xx
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1349

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down