Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When & what exercise?

+4
Emmapinder1983
anneritchley
mrsball
twinkleroo
8 posters

Go down

When & what exercise? Empty When & what exercise?

Post by twinkleroo 1st February 2015, 5:16 pm

I have found the whole resting thing very hard! I am 11 days post op and I'm wondering when I can get back into the gym? I know I can't lift weights but I'm thinking just going and sitting on a bike or something? No upper body or bouncing. 
As I'd probably be getting sweaty, do I have to wait until scabs have come off incisions so they are fully healed & can wash properly?  
Then, at what point do you think I could resume weights/kettlebells?
twinkleroo
twinkleroo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 356

Back to top Go down

When & what exercise? Empty Re: When & what exercise?

Post by mrsball 1st February 2015, 5:26 pm

NO excerise till you get the all clear around 6 weeks for most, and 12 for weights. 

Being a gym bunny myself I know how frustrating it can be to rest/not excerise, however, you've just major surgery. You will be healing internally for months. 
Pushing or exerting tpykurself will not only delay healing but compromise it as well. 

You've paid a lot for these boobs, trust me 6/ 12 weeks out is nothing is comparison to what you have long term. Perfectly healed boobs. 

Take the time out, enjoy it, when you go back you'll be motivated and muscle memory, your shape and tone comes back in a couple of weeks. Trust me! 

Even sitting on a bike your elevating your heart rate, making your body work, and therefore lowering your immune system. Which is NEEDED during recovery. 
And the sweat is not good for inscions.

PLEASE enjoy your time off! 

X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 1st February 2015, 5:29 pm

Just to add, even when I went back around 6 weeks I could only bike and cross trainer with no arms. 

Running too months for me, only as when I started even a few strides my boobs ached. So listen to your body as what you feel you can do. X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkleroo 1st February 2015, 5:31 pm

Ok, great advice. I am forgetting too easily about the healing inside, so easy to just look at the outside and think "they look alright " 
I will refrain from the gym until I get the go ahead at 6 or 12 week check then. :-) 
Will enjoy my walks on the school run for now :-)
thank you xx
twinkleroo
twinkleroo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 1st February 2015, 5:33 pm

No worries Hug Honestly time will fly.

Just think about if you'd go if you were poorly ? 

Internal stitches won't dissolve till around 3 months x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 1st February 2015, 5:46 pm

The wait will be well worth it. Xxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmapinder1983 1st February 2015, 5:53 pm

I've been the same hun, at least it's winter and we can cover up. Won't be long till it's the summer and back in the gym as normal. I'm not going back to the gym at 6 weeks, as Mrsball said bike and cross trainer with no arms. Defiantly no running for a while. I've still got slight Buddha belly, whatever I eat it blows up x x
Emmapinder1983
Emmapinder1983
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1270

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 1st February 2015, 6:00 pm

Just keep up and active, going for a walk is all you need to be doing right now. If you start back too early you could invalidate your aftercare, or do yourself some damage. Listen to your surgeon and your body. I was allowed to run again at 6wks, but there was no way in hel my body was allowing that to happen! Probably wasn't until about 3months I could start to bear the bouncing. 

The time will be gone before you know it.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 1st February 2015, 6:08 pm

How long you need to refrain from excercise depends on both surgeon and healing. 

For some ladies they're able to get back to excercise at just four weeks post-op, for others it's as long as 12 weeks but in general it's around 6 weeks, however if you ask your surgein and its agreed some surgeons will allow for lower body excercise BUT you should NEVER do any form of excercise unless you have permission from your surgeon. If you ignore the post-op instruction and do any form of excercise and then find you've compromised your healing, you may then also find you've compromised your aftercare too and any repair to any damage done would be to your cost. 

If you're struggling and really getting down about the lack of excercise just think about how long you've waited for these boobs. Think how long it's taken you to save for them, or how long it's going to take for you to actually pay for them. Think about the surgery you just put yourself through to get them, then think in the general scheme of things is the period specified by your surgeon really that much of a sacrifice to make after the journey you've been through to get where you are right now? 

Your boobs really are in your care now and it's up to you whether you follow instruction and do all you can throughout the initial recovery period to get the best possible result you can after your surgeon doing all the hard work for you, as instructed by you. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkleroo 1st February 2015, 6:25 pm

Thank you all, that's great advice.  6/12 weeks is nothing to wait as you say in the grand scheme of things.  :-) xx
twinkleroo
twinkleroo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by rrr 2nd February 2015, 3:39 pm

for me after about 2 weeks I was doing some rigorous walking and lots of walking lunges with no weight, just to wake the legs up
gentle gym from about 4 weeks
by 6 weeks most gym exercises and gentle running
pretty much back to normal by 8 weeks
rrr
rrr
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkleroo 2nd February 2015, 6:06 pm

Wow that was good for you.  The thought of exercise today is a no go compared to yesterday!  Think I overdid it on the weekend as felt no pain.  Feeling it today on my left side :-(
twinkleroo
twinkleroo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lairyfairie 4th February 2015, 11:52 am

I am just over 4 weeks and thought a gentle bike and inclined walk at the gym would be ok. Big mistake. 20 mins later I am sitting in the changing room in pain as my right boob is killing. Served me right for not waiting!
lairyfairie
lairyfairie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 340

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 4th February 2015, 11:57 am

On the other hand I was told at 2 weeks I could go on excersise bike. Every surgeon is different. Although I didn't feel ready until 5 weeks xx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down