Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

exercise after B/A

5 posters

Go down

exercise after B/A Empty exercise after B/A

Post by KIRSTY# 28th February 2011, 7:43 pm

I know that you need to take 6 weeks out of exercise but was wondering with some things if you could do sooner or need to wait longer. eg: I like to go swimming and was wondering if you can do that before 6 weeks?
Also I go to boot camp twice a week at the moment which I enjoy and would like to carry on after but it is pretty hard core and involves alot of press up ect. Do you think I would need longer to recover before that?
I'm not a crazy fitness freak, at the mo just trying to shift a few pounds and would like to carry on after when I can. Really wanting to lose a bit more before my op, but its come round so quick now and I've only got 20 days now!!! :doh: .

Thanks Kirsty. xxx
KIRSTY#
KIRSTY#
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 222

Back to top Go down

exercise after B/A Empty Re: exercise after B/A

Post by sarahdawn31 28th February 2011, 8:30 pm

Hi hun,
I waited 4 weeks I think before I did anything, then at 4 weeks I started doing a bit of non impact cardio like the bike and crosstrainer (eliptical) I slowly started to do more over the weeks to follow and I at 6 weeks started to do lower body weights again then upper body a bit after that. I just went back slowly and didnt go to heavy and just listened to my body, if it didnt feel right I didnt do it. I used to do these high intensity boxing classes 2-3 times a week and truthfully I have yet to go back I am waiting until I am 6 months post op (as per direction of my ps) the classes include a lot of core, upper body and chest and I just dont want to risk it yet... however, I am back to doing all the cardio I want, and as for weights I am basically back to what I was doing before except I dont do any chest excersises.
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by lindylou22 28th February 2011, 10:29 pm

Yeah, I play badminton and other raquet sports and my PS recommended about 4-6 months before I started on that again (as I play intensively, not at a leisurely pace), so I think there are some things you'll have to wait a bit longer for. I imagine something like going on an exercise bike would be fine after a few weeks though, as you aren't really using your upper body muscles like that.

To be honest, I never thought I'd say that small boobs are better, but I guess all the top athletes and sportswomen aren't exactly well-endowed (maybe serena williams as an exception), and perhaps it's just because bigger boobs make running about more difficult?! I'm worried I may never return to the same level I'm at now... although not so worried that I'd rather not have it done lol!!!

I'd definitely much prefer laying on a beach in my bikini looking fab than getting all hot and sweaty on badminton court wearing my biggest padded bra to hide my fried eggs as I bounce about the place!!

LL
x
lindylou22
lindylou22
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 648

Back to top Go down

Post by Cas*28 1st March 2011, 2:55 am

I was told that I could teach my Zumba class next week and I am 1 week Post op. tomorrow.
Cas*28
Cas*28
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by KIRSTY# 1st March 2011, 8:52 pm

Thanks for letting me know all of you.
By the sounds of it, its not a good idea for me to go back to boot camp for a few months, I don't want to risk damaging myself! I will see what the doctors say during my check ups post op. But I'm sure I will know myself when if its too soon. I will just have to do other kinds of exercise, like you say bike, cross trainer, ect. And can get back to swimming after 6 weeks.

Thats good Cas*28, well I'm sure you will be fine as long as you take it easier to begin with. I enjoy Zumba, so hopefully I will feel ok to carry on with them classes.

thank you xx xx
KIRSTY#
KIRSTY#
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by wend 1st March 2011, 9:11 pm

Hi i to went back to cross trainer not using arms from 4 weeks pilates 6 weeks but i have just gone back to body pump ( weight lifting ) last week at 3 and a half months. To be fare i think i am just about ready your body will tell you if you over do it. They will ache if they dont like it.
I am amazed cas*28 has been told she can go back so soon i would be worried i could undo fresh internal healing as this takes 6 to 12 weeks ? i would double check hun xxx
wend
wend
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down